• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

8-4play interviews former Namco employee: Soul Calibur II - Cloud was almost guest

Chairhome

From this week's podcast: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1443893
Direct Download (85.8MB)
8-4, Ltd (localization company, best japanese games podcast**) interviewed Nao Higo and Jason Shroeder, who currently work for Ubisoft. Nao Higo was the Localization Producer for Namco, and they mentioned this at about 1h25m
Paraphrasing
*talking about guests on Soul Calibur*
Nao: Link was the Gamecube one, Spawn was Xbox... and Heihachi was for the PS2. that was the exclusive, cause the deal fell through on that one, it was supposed to be someone else.
I think its been long enough.... apparently they were working out a deal with Cloud. It would have been incredible. at the last minute it got canned.
Not a megaton, but a cool piece of trivia.

Replace with Heihachi if old.

**best podcast about japan, games and japanese games. :p

That makes a lot of sense actually. I always thought Heihachi was cool but it always stuck out he was the only one that wasn't an outside license.

Platy

Considering that PS2 heihachi was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more boring than Spawn and Link, it would have helped insanely

Fuck that would have been so good. I'd have bought the PS2 version instead of the GameCube one for that

Always wondered why it wasn't Master Chief for Xbox

What? Not Crash?

If there was any PS1 era character that should have made it in, it has to be this guy right here.

tumblr_inline_ncyjc0f6Ir1qadwz3.gif

Cloud would have been fun as well though.

SheHateMe

I was one of the three people in the world who bought SC2 because of Heihachi.

Pretty sure the other two people work at Namco.

Nah, I was one of them as well.

Which means it was one other person working at Namco.

But I would've taken Cloud over Hei any day.

Raitaro

Maximilian would be really bummed out if he ever hears about this, considering that his love for FFVII might be the only thing that eclipses his love for fighting games.

I'm right there with him as it definitely would have been cool to see him in there...

Rosstimus

Banned
Damn that would have been rad. And that would have made Spawn stand out in starker relief as the most obviously shitty of the guest characters.

Tyaren

Cloud in SC6, believe! :D

Aren't there more and more rumors floating around that a SC6 reveal might happen rather sooner than later?

Top Bottom