• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lemmy Kilmister urges fans NOT to buy 600$ Motörhead Box Set

Status
Not open for further replies.

amar212

Searched, didn't find, lock if old.

As title says, Lemmy Kilmister Urges fans NOT to buy 600$ Motörhead Box Set...

...on which band does not have copyrights LOL

MOTÖRHEAD OUTRAGED OVER BOX SET PRICE

MOTÖRHEAD, the hardest working, hardest touring band in the world, loves when fans buy their records, but not this time. A new box set, called Complete Early Years Box Set, has just come out by the company who has the rights to the band’s early recordings, and they are charging over $600 for it!

“Unfortunately greed once again rears its yapping head,” says iconic frontman Lemmy Kilmister. “I would advise against it even for the most rabid completists!”

http://www.imotorhead.com/news.cfm

And this the 600$ box set:

28gBl.jpg

I tell you - DO NOT BUY!

lemmy_kilmister_001_032809.jpg

Darklord

Banned
This is why I love Lemmy. He doesn't give a fuck about the money, he just wants people to listen and like the music. He told the crowd in a gig I was at that if they couldn't afford to buy the new album to steal it.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
This seems to be happening a lot lately.

I'm one of the poor saps that still drives to shops to buy CD's and we're being fleeced.

Industry goes to shit and instead of trying to entice customers back to their products legally by lowering prices, they run the opposite direction and stick it to their remaining market.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
lots of artists/bands have shitty deals from way back then.

Not even way back then, its still the norm for major labels.

Radiohead doesn't own the rights to their first 6 albums, which is why they were re-released by Capitol much to Radiohead's disapproval.

And in another weird story, somehow Stone Gossard of Pearl Jam wound up the owner of to the rights to the first Queens of The Stone Age record, which he gave back to the band completely free of charge, which freed them to remaster it and re-release it.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
That's a lot of money to spend on "Ace of Spades"

...kidding of course.
This is why I love Lemmy. He doesn't give a fuck about the money, he just wants people to listen and like the music. He told the crowd in a gig I was at that if they couldn't afford to buy the new album to steal it.
I'm sure he enjoys the money. Nothing wrong with being compensated for your art. He's been appreciating the benefits of that his whole life. It's pretty a standard cut and dry "punk/rock/metal guy" move to tell people to steal your art.
Honestly, I'm sure he is smart enough to know that someone who can afford motorhead concert tickets (they aren't fugazi, their shows can be expensive) can afford a $10 cd.

That said, I love Motorhead and LEmmy is cool as hell. Really humble, down to earth and funny... It's just, I don't necessarily buy that he "doesn't give a fuck" about money.

I'm one of the poor saps that still drives to shops to buy CD's and we're being fleeced.

Industry goes to shit and instead of trying to entice customers back to their products legally by lowering prices, they run the opposite direction and stick it to their remaining market.

Actually, I meant there seems to be a fair bit of musicians telling people not to buy new collections of their catalogue (Morrisey/Marr, Radiohead), but yes, you're definitely right. It's a shame. Kinda hope I can get into that business someday, I'd love to give things a kick up the arse.

Darklord

Banned
That's a lot of money to spend on "Ace of Spades"

...kidding of course.

I'm sure he enjoys the money. Nothing wrong with being compensated for your art. He's been appreciating the benefits of that his whole life. It's pretty a standard cut and dry "punk/rock/metal guy" move to tell people to steal your art.
Honestly, I'm sure he is smart enough to know that someone who can afford motorhead concert tickets (they aren't fugazi, their shows can be expensive) can afford a $10 cd.

That said, I love Motorhead and LEmmy is cool as hell. Really humble, down to earth and funny... It's just, I don't necessarily buy that he "doesn't give a fuck" about money.

Obviously, he wants money(Coke can cost a bit, you know?) but I mean he cares more about the music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom