• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda Wii-U Shown at Nintendo Digital Event ["2015"]

Violet_0

Banned
Made a quick wallpaper for those that want it.
zelda-wii-u-wallpaper.png
if I'm not mistaken those blurry white towers at the center of this pic behind the hills belong to Hyrule Castle. Which means the world could be huge. This game is looking really promising

Dandalf

Neo Member
I feel like Zelda 2015 will be looked at the same way Wind Waker is.

Some people will hate the aesthetics, others will love them.

I'm in the latter camp at this moment. Hyper realistic Zelda doesn't really appeal to me, and I think the mix of Wind Waker and Skyward Sword this game has fits Hyrule well.

I still think it'll get pushed to early 2016...

Karkador

Banned
I don't want Link to be a girl because I don't see Link as a girl. I see Link as a character, he's male, he wears green clothes, he has a sword, he goes on adventures. I strongly believe that one of the reasons Link is so appealing to me is because he isn't your typical male video game hero.

Male Link has probably had more videogames than most any other game character. Exactly how is he not a typical male video game hero?

Cassovia

This nailed it for me. I'm buying a Wii U for this. Such beauty.

This is one of the reason why Nintendo should stay in the console business. I don't know how Ninty is doing this, but their games always have some magic.

Jachaos

Great E3 so far. I was pretty down after the EA conference since nothing I'd seen that morning had wowed me, I was excited for Mirror's Edge 2, Crackdown and Assassin's Creed IV but I was pretty disappointed with the overall show. Then came some good stuff at Ubisoft's conference. Then came even better stuff at Sony's conference. Hearing the reaction to the White PS4 in theatre was cool, then Little Big Planet 3 out of nowhere, No Man's Sky, the show was real strong up to there, then Vita TV, Morpheus and PS Now which interest me even though many feel it hurt the pacing, that's too bad. Then the strong finish with TLoU, GTA V, Metal Gear Solid V, Batman and Uncharted. The Hotline Miami 2 level creator. Then this morning, Splatoon, Smash, etc.

But this, this is the cherry on top of the sundae. Thank god E3 turned out better than I'd expected following EA's conference.

if I'm not mistaken those blurry white towers at the center of this pic behind the hills belong to Hyrule Castle. Which means the world could be huge. This game is looking really promising

Yeah I think the white towers, volcano and lakes to the west all hint to locations that will be in those general areas (I think Lake Hylia will be to the west)

That would make sense geographically. Death Mountain would be in the usual spot relative to Hyrule Castle.

Nicktendo86

I love all the far off details in this image. Death mountain erupting, looks like lake hylia, is that gurudo valley to the left? Can't wait to dive in and explore!!!!

Lunar15

This looks way more visually interesting than that tech demo. I know a lot of people wanted that, but personally I love it when they try new things rather than just sticking with something that's already been done.

zeldablue

The people in the background...are wearing those Vietnamese hats. I'm definitely feeling the Asian pasture thing. I also don't see a "Hyrule castle" in site.

Also...did one of them get blasted by the monster beams? :0

DrunkDan

Wind Waker is possibly my favourite Zelda so this game having similar aesthetics is a good thing for me.

I have enjoyed every Zelda game I've played so I don't see why this would be any different.

Jirotrom

Finally, finally finally, nintendo gets animation right in a Zelda game. I've always wanted a cell shaded adult looking game especially after windwaker he. Bravo nintendo! This and batman are my games of show!
Edit... And witches 3

I liked exploring in TP and OoT, but I hope the locales in this game aren't set too far apart. Travel time's a huge issue with me in open world games, so here's hoping Nintendo fills it with plenty to do, and not just monsters to kill.

E-Cat

Wow. Those screens. Holy shit. This looks and sounds like the greatest Zelda game ever made. One of my problems with Ocarina was that when we saw media in Nintendo Power or whatever else, the game just looked... bigger, more open, than it actually was. Remember those images of Link in a forest shooting at a Poe with a bow? The images of Link in Castle Town, but it was much bigger and not just this static-like area? Stuff like that really set my imagination on fire, especially at that age, and while Ocarina ended up being obviously an amazing game, I never felt like it gave me the product that I had anticipated based on all the screens and the 64DD promises and whatnot.

This looks to rectify that and looks to give me the Zelda game I've always wanted.

Wow, you put my thoughts into words, exactly. Even in the finished OoT, Hyrule Field looked massive if you gazed into the horizon, but it really wasn't. It feels like the circle has come to a close, finally.

Haha. Man. It didn't even occur to me until this thread that anyone would have an issue with how Zelda looks.

I was there for the original Wind Waker reveal...and I thought it was fantastic at the time. This reveal...it looks so gorgeous. How anyone can even question its gorgeosity is beyond me...much less want anything else.

Am I getting too old?

I am excited, was hoping for a 2014 release but still happy to see it.
Im digging the Blue shirt Links rocking, I was almost thinking we were seeing Zelda out there questing for a minute.

Jobbs

Banned
The more I study the movement, posture, and body proportions of the character in slow motion the more I think it's a girl. It goes beyond the usual "girly face" which link always has. I really think this is a girl. I'd put the chance above 50% in my mind of it being a girl.

Riki

People are actually upset at how this game looks?
Really?
Zelda cycle lives on...

Honestly, this easily looks like the best game shown at E3. It's so lush and beautiful. And Link looks amazing and expressive. And the action looks like it will be mindblowing!

Kamek

The reasons I initially thought Link was a girl was because they covered her appearance for the most part, and Link used a bow. I was getting some kind of hunger games vibe from it, but after looking at the stills, I think it's a boy Link.

zma1013

The more I study the movement, posture, and body proportions of the character in slow motion the more I think it's a girl. It goes beyond the usual "girly face" which link always has. I really think this is a girl. I'd put the chance above 50% in my mind of it being a girl.

No bewbs though.

apana

The thing with Zelda is that even the "realistic" art styles look fairly colorful and engaging so there would have been nothing wrong with going in that direction. I kind of wanted it to look like the Last Guardian, that was a nice balance.

Jobbs

Banned
No bewbs though.

It's a padded shirt and further obscured by a strap. There's nothing I see here that precludes there being any breasts at all. In fact, I do see some small indication of what could be breasts.

If I'm right, then clearly she's not a large breasted link, but who would have expected that anyway?

Top Bottom