• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham S3 |OT| Not Filming In Vancouver - Mondays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

14aqi4.png

30rury.png

Wonderful opening post.

What happened to the old Ivy? I thought she was good in her role and it was good to have more young actors like Selina and Bruce.

Tamanon

Banned
No best character photo for Alfred.

Really looking forward to this season. I feel there's a lot they can do with the mythology to make it compelling.

TheOddOne

Wonderful opening post.

What happened to the old Ivy? I thought she was good in her role and it was good to have more young actors like Selina and Bruce.
Spoilers from the synopsis:

The series also will catch up with the future POISON IVY (Maggie Geha), who, after an encounter with a monster from Indian Hill, finds herself reborn as a young woman who’s harnessed the full power of her charms.
No best character photo for Alfred.

Really looking forward to this season. I feel there's a lot they can do with the mythology to make it compelling.
They didn't make new cast photos for certain actors :|

Penguin

Not keen on the thread title, but eh

Also... Bullock is the star of the show should have been first character mentioned!

Spoilers from the synopsis:

The series also will catch up with the future POISON IVY (Maggie Geha), who, after an encounter with a monster from Indian Hill, finds herself reborn as a young woman who’s harnessed the full power of her charms.

Thank you.

I'm sceptical about this but I'm willing to see how it goes. It's an interesting pivot for the character, she has been criminally underutilized so far.

Pachimari

I hope Riddler still has much to do this season. He has always been my favorite Batman villain. And I can't wait to see Ivy spread herself out.

Lmao at aged ivy. Went from 10 years old to God damn in a year. Kinda creepy but I guess this show will make it work considering the other stupid ideas they've pulled off

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm in. The opener and finale for Season 2 were a dog's breakfast but most of the episodes in-between were solid. They did some great work with Jim and Bruce last year, so I hope they can continue to grow those characters.

Court is now in session.

Oddduck

TV Guide review

What the show (and writers) realized in Season 2 is that these characters are stronger when they're presented together as a group, rather than running on their own separate trains, or taking a backseat to the show's ostensible stars.

That's exactly where we pick up in Season 3, with a city that feels inhabited, with a populace of maniacs and morally gray lawmen living at war, and sometimes in an uneasy truce. It's not The Gordon Show anymore; it's an ensemble. And Bruce has finally had enough training that he can (mostly) hold his own against Gotham's more nefarious elements.

That transformation has happened because the show has finally established the former side characters as worthy of their own storylines: Standout villainess Barbara Kean (Erin Richards) owns the premiere with her manic, unhinged energy, and sad sack henchmen Butch (Drew Powell) is a character free of comic continuity whose deadpan comedy lights up his scenes. Even Mooney makes sense in this new world. If you want to get philosophical about it, maybe Pinkett-Smith inherently knew what the show had to become, and just bided her time until everyone else came around.

The other actors have come around in spades. After Gordon lost his girlfriend last season, and went rogue from the GCPD, McKenzie finally gets to play him less straight-laced, and more Ryan Atwood (a.k.a. fun). Edward Nygma (Cory Michael-Smith) was also transformed into The Riddler in all but name last season, and though he only gets one scene with The Penguin (Robin Lord Taylor) in the premiere, it shows off why this pairing was one of the most fun combos of characters last season.

It goes almost without saying, by the way, that Lord Taylor continues to be the true star of Gotham, a fact that was clear from the very first episode. Even three seasons in, his Oswald Cobblepot is a sputtering, twitchy mess who still manages to swing from menace to friendliness in a single scene. His reintroduction towards the start of the premiere is the hour's first applause-worthy moment, and it's followed up by a signature greeting ("Hello, Jim") that balances absolute horror, joy, and probably about 30 other emotions at the same time in two simple words.

Facepalm at the Ivy decision.

DC, catering to fans that want to fuck comic book characters since 200.... uh....

Yeah, and it gets worse!

They've clarified that she's still MENTALLY the same age - she's just PHYSICALLY 18 or so. They made some comments about how, since she still has the mind of a young teenage girl, she's not fully in control of her new sexuality, or something like that.

Basically, they wanted to play with the "seductress" Ivy characters, so their first thought was "Let's physically age her up and recast her, but keep her mentally a 14/15 year old. That's not gross at all."

Rootbeer

Banned
Thanks for the OT!

I'm on board. Enjoyed both seasons for what they are. I just try to enjoy it on its own merits and not take it too seriously. It has a lot to offer Batman fans.

I feel like this show is channeling Joel Schumacher Batmanverse at times, I can't be alone in that feeling? It has just that certain touch of camp to it.

Platy

Yeah, and it gets worse!

They've clarified that she's still MENTALLY the same age - she's just PHYSICALLY 18 or so. They made some comments about how, since she still has the mind of a young teenage girl, she's not fully in control of her new sexuality, or something like that.

Basically, they wanted to play with the "seductress" Ivy characters, so their first thought was "Let's physically age her up and recast her, but keep her mentally a 14/15 year old. That's not gross at all."

It is the reverse 300 year old dragon =P

Luigi87

Yeah, and it gets worse!

This reminds me of a character in a visual novel I read once...

Luigi87

Also Dr. Thompkins ain' coming back. We all know when she left Gotham she renamed herself to Vanessa and hooked up with Wade Wilson.

Edit: DAMMIT, didn't mean to double post.

BTM

Excited even though the finale of season 2 was a little disappointing after an overall amazing season. Why couldn't Fish stay away for good. ugh

BFIB

Man, I love this show. Deep down I hope the show ends with a direct tie to Batman '66 and we find out that Gotham is a prequel. The campiness is perfect.

Man, I love this show. Deep down I hope the show ends with a direct tie to Batman '66 and we find out that Gotham is a prequel. The campiness is perfect.

Works more as a burton prequel tbh. Feels a lot like those two movies.

If only the show's harvey dent was black we could have made a case for him turning into 90s Billy Dee Williams when he got older

Not too late for a recast tbh. I think this shows Harvey has been the weakest link of all the characters

Yeah, and it gets worse!

It adds absolutely nothing to Future Ivy. It's ridiculous.

Ithil

Pretty goofy for them to have Ivy as a kid in the show, you know, as a future villain as befitting a prequel, but then randomly have some mojo to turn her into regular Poison Ivy years and years before Batman even exists.

Platy

Pretty goofy for them to have Ivy as a kid in the show, you know, as a future villain as befitting a prequel, but then randomly have some mojo to turn her into regular Poison Ivy years and years before Batman even exists.

It is not regular Poison Ivy ... it is
Adult Poison Ivy with THE MIND OF A CHILDREN

KonradLaw

Can't wait. In S2 is has catapulted itself to become my favorite superhero-related tv show. Just plain crazy fun. Hope this continues in S3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom