• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you have to have a 5* monster?

I got a 4 star toy triceratops
A handful of 4* mons are worth keeping. The toy dragons are not amoung them and are probably one of the worst possible things to get out of the machine.

Sea Deity Neptune worth keeping?

He's a 6*

Evolved version of Neptune. Yes. I think the ultimate evolution of Neptune is already in US PAD so eventually you can get him to 7* and look super badass.

Uthred

Got a six star war god minerva, was really hoping to go with a dark team, but sick of re-rolling so fire it is!

Flunkie

Banned
Fuck all you getting green Odin. I've been trying all night. Best I've gotten all night is a Freyr. Between trying to get a better one on my iPad and hitting a few grinding walls on the phone, I'm gonna be sick of this damn game before I ever get good at it.

Uthred

Got a Gryps Rider with my second rare roll, not sure how useful a dual dark/light guy is going to be, friend code is 382 730 297

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Just found out Hades is one of the (few) Monsters capable of becoming a dual-attribute monster through power-up fusion.

http://zh.pad.wikia.com/wiki/究极进化

this is gooooood. Does anyone know if you lose the dual-attribution upon evolution? Or do you keep it? From the wiki I think it's either become dual-attributed or evolve... Not sure what's best yet... (But I'm far from that point anyway)

Dark-Dark Hades:

Pet397.png

Dark-Light Hades:

Pet396.png

xCobalt

Just found out Hades is one of the (few) Monsters capable of becoming a dual-attribute monster through power-up fusion.

http://zh.pad.wikia.com/wiki/究极进化

this is gooooood. Does anyone know if you lose the dual-attribution upon evolution? Or do you keep it? From the wiki I think it's either become dual-attributed or evolve... Not sure what's best yet... (But I'm far from that point anyway)

Dark-Dark Hades:

Pet397.png

Dark-Light Hades:

Pet396.png

You have to evolve your hades first then you can give it dual elements. Materials are very demanding though

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
You have to evolve your hades first then you can give it dual elements. Materials are very demanding though

oooh you're right, it's from 131, not from 130, I misread. Makes more sense. Oh well. I still can't imagine getting enough coins for all these fusions up til max level oO

Shiryu

Neo Member
Bump, sorry :)

No word on it, I just made a cc-less US iTunes account, downloaded it on my iDevices and am now playing it with my regular Game Center account. You just have to authorize your iTunes once for your US account in order to sync it.

Jinko

What an awesmoe little game, I normally dislike mobile games but this is pretty fantastic.

Need a Vita/3DS version of this game, only downside its so addictive you burn through your stamina too fast :(

Gaspode_T

FYI the devs of this have kind of a cute game called Princess Punt that is pretty fun too, I love seeing a dev come out of nowhere and "change the game" especially in the face of lazy dev houses slapping together some web pages on a SQL DB transaction system and charging people tons of money for cheaply created artwork of cards (AKA 99% of social games in Japan)

I am getting a little hooked on this game - still don't understand some things - like whether it is better to have a mix of all colors in your team or if it is better to focus on a pair of colors. Also I don't understand the system of bringing a friend monster along - sometimes I get lucky and get super high level one and some times I don't, so I don't see what the difference is besides randomness (what does that person benefit out of it too?)

So far I have just been absorbing and leveling up one strong monster of each color - the rare gacha I got after tutorial was a 5 star genie lady thing (yellow color) that seems pretty cool so far.

GungHo isn't exactly a no-name dev; you might have heard of a little game they make called Ragnarok Online.

Also the benefit they get from having you as a friend is that they also get the option to add your leader to their party. You also get the benefit of their leader skill - the "4x" team is a build where you use a leader that grants 2x to an element and a helper leader that does the same. The leader skill will only activate when they're friends with you.

Jinko

I am getting a little hooked on this game - still don't understand some things - like whether it is better to have a mix of all colors in your team or if it is better to focus on a pair of colors. Also I don't understand the system of bringing a friend monster along - sometimes I get lucky and get super high level one and some times I don't, so I don't see what the difference is besides randomness (what does that person benefit out of it too?)

You can change the order to show up by ATK, I have stuck with taking the highest ATK and the opposing element of the dungeon I'm taking on, has worked for me so far. (some monsters give nice bonuses also)

My ID is 380,534,297 if anyone wants to add me :)

froliq

Yep, this game sure is crack. I can't stop playing, well I'm forced too now, because of battery.

I rolled Ceres and decided to just go with it. It's one of the rares from the new years promotion I believe, however the leader skill seems kind of underwhelming comparing to what I've seen from others.

garath

I am so confused on the evolutions and stuff. I played for a bit yesterday without really getting into any guides and I'm sure I wasted a lot of coins doing meaningless fusions. I did reroll a few times to get a Thor before moving on though. I can certainly understand how the game would be VERY difficult without the beefy guy. The rest of my monsters don't do squat for damage.

Guess I'll dig into a guide today and see if I want to keep playing. I'm feeling a mafia wars sort of vibe with these stamina bars lol.

ParityBit

I am so confused on the evolutions and stuff. I played for a bit yesterday without really getting into any guides and I'm sure I wasted a lot of coins doing meaningless fusions. I did reroll a few times to get a Thor before moving on though. I can certainly understand how the game would be VERY difficult without the beefy guy. The rest of my monsters don't do squat for damage.

Guess I'll dig into a guide today and see if I want to keep playing. I'm feeling a mafia wars sort of vibe with these stamina bars lol.

Yeah .... I dunno. I have my main, and the rest of my monsters really really suck.

J0dy77

So this thread got me to try P&D again, it seems interesting but when does the challenge set in? Feels like I'm just matching gems and a few minutes later the dungeon is over, not even really looking at the monsters or what is going on. Does it ever get to a point where you need to think about what you're doing? Plan strategically? How bad is the pay wall?

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
So this thread got me to try P&D again, it seems interesting but when does the challenge set in? Feels like I'm just matching gems and a few minutes later the dungeon is over, not even really looking at the monsters or what is going on. Does it ever get to a point where you need to think about what you're doing? Plan strategically? How bad is the pay wall?

Someone mentioned the paywall earlier, and the answer was that there really isn't a paywall. More like if you get deep into the game, you're gonna be tempted to shell out money for Magic Stones.

The dungeons start getting harder during the latter half of the 5 Stamina ones. That's when the monsters/bosses start having more HP, and start getting more resistant to damage.

The tutorial sucks so I just took my good ole 3*. Pretty fun game, had to update the fiance's Android in order for it to work though. Now she's addicted.

felt so stupid when the game clicked on me: you can use one orb to shift the position of almost all the other orbs if youre quick enough.

im still lost on monsters and pal points and such. but love the gameplay mechanics.

lenni

Man, this game's really fun. Played almost all night.

I got pretty lucky after some rerolls and got myself an Amaterasu (with +1 ATK lol). Though it already gets harder, as my team's ATK is crap now. Would like to have some friends, preferably with hard hitting monsters.

ID

My second roll now was a Verche, can't use it though, as my team cost is too high :/

ParityBit

What are some "common" creatures use in their teams? I spent time raising up my toytops only to find out it sucks (from people here) but my team in general really blows outside of my main and the ones friend I bring along. I have no gold/black at all either.

I am rank 29 or so. My top dungeon currently is the Giants.

Boken

Banned
I rolled a Valkyrie - apparently shes really sought after, I dont know if I should start, since she seems pretty weak.

Also, how do you get the helper champion to activate their leader ability?

xCobalt

felt so stupid when the game clicked on me: you can use one orb to shift the position of almost all the other orbs if youre quick enough.

im still lost on monsters and pal points and such. but love the gameplay mechanics.

You can think of pal points as another currency. As you use your friend's leaders and they use yours, you'll be rewarded with 10 points. People not on your friends list will only grant 5 (in addition, their leader skill won't work). Once you accumulated 200 points, you can try your luck at the pal egg machine. The monsters there aren't too special but every once in awhile, you'll come across something good.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member

Overlooked gameplay mechanic. Gotta love em. :p

Another tip: The game tells us you can target a specific monster by tapping on them. Well, what they didn't tell you was that you can actually target up until the very last moment, after you already moved the orbs, but before damage is dealt.

You can think of pal points as another currency. As you use your friend's leaders and they use yours, you'll be rewarded with 10 points. People not on your friends list will only grant 5 (in addition, their leader skill won't work). Once you accumulated 200 points, you can try your luck at the pal egg machine. The monsters there aren't too special but every once in awhile, you'll come across something good.

thank you. i was wonder why leader skill wont activate kept blinking.

I got a 4* Highlander. Should I re-roll? I'm on attempt 6 now.
He's one of the "valuable" non-gods listed in the OP. Whether it not you want to go for better is up to you.
Around the 3* dungeons is when I started going "shit I need to actually pay attention to which orbs I'm moving because I won't survive this next attack if I don't".

After Castle of Satan is when it seems like most people start having second thoughts about whether their teams are up to snuff to tackle the rest of the game.

For example, I recently got crushed by a boss battle that consisted of two knights that would individually hit me for over 50% of my HP bar. Normally I'd just heal after taking one hit, but the game sets the fight up such that they always attack on the same turn. There's a few ways I could approach this fight:
1. Add high HP monsters to my team so I can actually survive both attacks in the same turn
2. Set up a Resolve/Zombie team that allows me to survive the fatal blow
3. Set up a high attack team and Zerg one of the knights before it has a chance to attack

Right now I don't have the monsters to allow those strategies to be effective, so I've spent the past few days filling in holes in my teams.

xCobalt

What are some "common" creatures use in their teams? I spent time raising up my toytops only to find out it sucks (from people here) but my team in general really blows outside of my main and the ones friend I bring along. I have no gold/black at all either.

I am rank 29 or so. My top dungeon currently is the Giants.
Toytops is good early on. When I was starting out, I remember using the fighters I think you get one during the tutorials. Also used an ogre.

I rolled a Valkyrie - apparently shes really sought after, I dont know if I should start, since she seems pretty weak.

Also, how do you get the helper champion to activate their leader ability?

Leader abilities are passives. Activte abilities require a certain amount of turns until it activates. A turn only counts if you made a successful match.

J0dy77

Is there a way to sync accounts on multiple devices? Would like to have the same account on iphone and ipad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom