• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSEED cancels Grand Knights History (PSP)

NeededSleep

Oh what the crap... i was seriously looking forward to this one on my Vita.

Really hope this gets picked up and i feel bad for Vanillaware i like their products. Guess they have hit hard times. :(

Sad_Panda

Bummer, but kinda expected. TiTS Second and Third Chapter cancellations should be next in line, can't see XSEED putting those out when the PSP is brain dead in the West.

Bummer, but kinda expected. TiTS Second and Third Chapter cancellations should be next in line, can't see XSEED putting those out when the PSP is brain dead in the West.

This was cancelled because of issues on Vanillaware's end, not because of XSEED. This shouldn't have any effect on the Trails series. (It actually might benefit it because now XSEED will have more people available to work on SC.)

Macstorm

Good luck if you're expecting them on PSP anymore. Seems like Steam will be the home for those if they happen.

x3r0123

If they were going to do those wouldent they have already though? It's my understanding that they have been out for quite some time in Japan, if XSeed can't get SC, and Third over here for whatever reason, the Vita game seems the next best starting point. Atleast this is my understand from others that are more familiar with the series.

The Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiseki (Trails of Zero) is the direct sequel to The Legend of Heroes: Sora no Kiseki The 3rd and takes place several months after the events in that game.

^ and then ao is the sequel to zero and then there is nayuta in which these sequels are also on psp

tumblr_m1wpzxjYWL1qjhyjdo1_500.gif

matmanx1

That's unfortunate but probably couldn't be helped. The fact that we are most definitely getting Dragon's Crown from Vanillaware does help to alleviate the pain somewhat, however.

I look forward to the rest of Xseed's 2012 lineup though. Those guys and gals have been on a roll lately.

Aeana

Damn. Maybe Atlus will save us?!

Atlus is already taking a huge chance with Gungnir and Growlanser 4, and presumably Persona 2 EP on PSP. I don't think they'd be eager to jump in on another PSP game. Besides, if Vanillaware is indeed the holdup, then Atlus would be met with the same problem XSEED had.

Macstorm

The problem isn't on XSEED's side as far as we know.

Yeah, nothing's officially been said about the problem, as I don't think XSEED would bash VW in a press release, but stating that "development resources required to localize the game were not available" sounds like issues with the developer. That combined with Dragon's Crown changing hands, being delayed to 2013, and getting development help from Atlus/Index sure makes it seem like the problem lies on VW.

KariOhki

Neo Member
Damn. Hopefully with Atlus' help, Vanillaware can get through Dragon's Crown.

And we can get TitS on PC since I'm really not expecting a PSP/V release on those.

B.K.

It's not really surprising. When they announced it was delayed indefinitely, I expected it to be cancelled. "Indefinitely delay" is just PR doubletalk for canceled.

dili

Blame Vanillaware and Dragons crown. Dragons crown better have the ability to cure cancer to make up for this loss.

This is terrible

ReaperXL7

^ and then ao is the sequel to zero and then there is nayuta in which these sequels are also on psp

Ahh I was not aware, my first time with the series is Trails in the Sky, so i'm not as familiar as I would like to be with it yet.

Seems like it would be tough to localize all of them though since I would imagine games of this type would take awhile to localize. Where in the series would be the best place to pick up if they had to skip some installments?

It does not seem like XSeed is the type of company that has ulimited resources, so I would imagine they would have to be somewhat picky about what they pick up or don't.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
The worst thing about this cancellation is that the translations are actually done may actually be done? Didn't Xseed or someone from Xseed say that they were done and just waiting for Vanillaware to respond their emails? for updates themselves? And they later said they were too busy with Dragon's Crown to do any programming for GKH?

EDIT: Did an edit because I couldn't find the exact post of article to support my assertion. However according to this http://www.siliconera.com/2012/02/08/what-happened-to-grand-knights-history/ and http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=34817069&postcount=217 Xseed was waiting for updates from Vanillaware themselves back when people were asking about the game.

Teknoman

The worst thing about this cancellation is that the translations are actually done. Didn't Xseed or someone from Xseed say that they were done and just waiting for Vanillaware to respond their emails? And they later said they were too busy with Dragon's Crown to do any programming for GKH?

Damn i hope someone picks it up. Atlus maybe? such an amazing looking game and the online mode sounded all kinds of addicting, not to mention the soundtrack.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Damn i hope someone picks it up. Atlus maybe? such an amazing looking game and the online mode sounded all kinds of addicting, not to mention the soundtrack.

The problem lies with Vanillaware because they can't provide the manpower to do coding for the translations. It does not matter who picks it put (unless that publisher can do the coding themselves).

This is unnerving. This was one of the last games I was looking forward to for PSP.

Please don't happen to TiTS 2nd! Please don't happen to TiTS 2nd! Please don't happen to TiTS 2nd! Please don't happen to TiTS 2nd!

Top Bottom