• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 1-8 coming to smartphones.

Aeana

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/dqsp/

The first eight Dragon Quest games are coming to smartphones soon.

SKn76Z3.jpg

Please look forward to it.

L Thammy

Dragon Quest XII for smartphones (basically) confirmed.

Admittedly, Dragon Quest for smartphones is probably a pretty decent fit.

Eusis

I have to admit DQVIII DOES look pretty nice, though I'd only want to actually control I-VI on a touch screen, and maybe VII depending on port quality.

I don't have a problem with this. They milk their franchises over and over. They obviously make money because people want to play them. It isn't like they are bad games. They restrict that to their new games.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

Localized DQ7 3DS is looking further and further away...

Into

Was bound to happen ya'll

Might not be the worst series to port to smartphones, turnbased combat etc, i had some fun with FF3 and FF4 on my Iphone 5, i had no fun with FIFA, GTA3 etc since they require more precise controls.

Hopefully they port these ports to 3DS and Vita, cant be that hard, right?

homulilly

Banned
blah. Hey Square please rerelease these on a proper game system like the Vita and then actually localize them, I'll give you all my money.

kadotsu

Banned
DQ is actually a good fit for mobile but Square Enix has some of the worst UI designers on the planet so the games will look appropriately ugly.

Localization is another matter so a nice fuck you SE for that.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
キタ━━━(゜∀゜)━━━!!!!!

Eusis

that image.

portrait video games, is even worse than portrait videos.
Yeah, they do kind of need to support horizontal too at least.

And I don't think DQ1&2 are new to smartphones, but they'd probably port those to every console if they thought they could sell it.

not such a terrible idea tbh. turn-based menu combat would translate well to phones. i never played 8 so i would buy that if the price was decent.

Top Bottom