• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (Saturn title but w/ full voice) announced for 3DS

B.K.

Shinobi is reporting that a 3DS version of Soul Hackers has been announced by Atlus in this week's Famitsu. According to him, the game will have full voice acting and other new features. It's scheduled for release on August 30.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wasn't there a fan translation by Gemini doing this? Guess that's canceled now. :(

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Atlus USA has a terrible track record localizing SMT ports/remakes on Nintendo handhelds...

Even considering how bad they turned out I would have loved to have SMT on the GBA

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I don't know about that. Didn't Atlus want to release the PSP version, but couldn't because of Sony?

That was the first Devil Summoner game, but yes, as I recall, that was what happened.

Atlus USA has a terrible track record localizing SMT ports/remakes on Nintendo handhelds...

Even considering how bad they turned out I would have loved to have SMT on the GBA

Those came out before SMT really had any presence in the States, so it's not surprising. I'd look to the fact that we got Strange Journey, and all of the Devil Survivor games, including the unnecessary 3DS remake... we're clearly going to get this.

TheSeks

Yup and that was the first thing that came into my head.

P2:IS PSP must've sold damn good for Atlus to go "well, damn, unreleased SMT titles in America are wanted. BRING THEM OUT ON ALL THE NEW PLATFORMS! *alarms*"

randomkid

Exciting, is this the news Aeana was teasing?

Looks like I'm getting a 3DS when this arrives in Amurrica, I hope it's after the revision!

So do any of these Megami Tensei games NOT have extremely micro-management heavy Pokémon subgames?

I LOVE everything else about them, I just can't enjoying PLAYING them because of that.

Credo

Day 1. I've never read a single detail about it, but I've also never disliked an SMT game, so I can't wait.

TheSeks

So do any of these Megami Tensei games NOT have extremely micro-management heavy Pokémon subgames?

I LOVE everything else about them, I just can't enjoying PLAYING them because of that.

Persona 2 has lists to summon from. But you have to grind cards with the nego system to have enough cards to summon said demons from the list.

Foffy

Banned
Man, how many games has Atlus re-released in the SMT series since the original release of Persona 4? It feels like they don't want to make new games anymore..

mollipen

Atlus has localized all of their recent SMT titles, including both Persona 2 remakes on PSP. I don't really see why this one would be an exception...

Posting from the future, are we? In the time period I live in, an announcement for Eternal Punishment PSP for NA hasn't been made yet. (Not saying it won't, just saying it hasn't.)

Also, could we finally get Soul Hackers here in English? That's sure be swell.

Persona 2 has lists to summon from. But you have to grind cards with the nego system to have enough cards to summon said demons from the list.
Hmm. Not sure.

I would sell many bloods to have a version of Nocturne where you can just use standard player characters.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Oh man, Soul Hackers is one game I have no problem buying a second time. :D

Man, how many games has Atlus re-released in the SMT series since the original release of Persona 4? It feels like they don't want to make new games anymore..

You realize Strange Journey and Devil Survivor 2 both came out after P4, right?

Atlus re-releasing their older games is hardly something they've only started doing in the past few years, though. It's been something they've been doing with the franchise since the 90s.

randomkid

This is totally fine with me until they run out of unlocalized titles. So I'll be happy for another decade or so.

Also, could we finally get Soul Hackers here in English? That's sure be swell.

I don't get it, this announcement means we are getting it in English. The record (and logic) speaks for itself.

Top Bottom