• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien Isolation Screenshots Leak

V_Ben

Banned
This is CA's Alien game.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-13-now-alien-isolation-screenshots-leak

Well, they've at least captured the look!

bV5Eq9z.jpg

(More images at the link)

deleted

"It's first person? I was hoping for an RTS given the developer."

One of their best games isn't an RTS at all (Spartan).

It's not that I don't trust them with a new genre, but we already had Alien in FPS form. I'd like to see them try a different genre.
The canceled Alien RPG by Obsidian would have also been a nice change.

Feindflug

Looks good, hopefully it will turn out well.

BTW anyone know what engine they're using? maybe it's UE3 since it's a cross gen release, wondering how the last gen versions will look. :p

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Something similar to Dead Space 1 in atmosphere, isolation, pacing, audio design, will be perfect for Alien. the less shooter the better.

Hopefully it turn to be good, last good game with Xenomorphs was Aliens versus Predator 2 on PC and that was ages ago.

Respawn

Banned
I tell you guys we need a good Aliens game. It has been far to long. Let's us truly hope this one has some real substance to it.

WilyRook

"You guys throw me to the wolves, and now you want me to go back out there? Forget it."

Kidding, it looks promising. (dear god please be good)

watchdog

I can't help but feel a little excited because it's based on the Alien franchise but I'm going to make sure I keep my expectations in check after what happened with the last Alien game.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
The updated PC version of Colonial Marines was a good solid game with great graphics. I liked it.

DieH@rd

Banned
Very pretty. Hopefully they will be able to create right kind of atmosphere and story that doesn't rape Alien franchise further more into the ground.

I have hope.

Carcetti

Those screenshots are gorgeous but if it's a 'scary shooter' instead of an actual modern horror game... Oh well, it probably is.

nice visuals. That is at least one thing we can expect from CA. Would have prefered some sort of Aliens vs Predators strategic space game taking place across planets and spaceships...

FACE

Banned
You can't trust CA with anything other than PC strategy games and they even managed to botch that this year.

MNC

Yeah, well, Gearbox "captured the look" in early screenshots as well.

Please be good.

I hope the motion tracker has that typical 70s monitor screen flickering.

Kolgar

Oooh, and I thought people said ACM would wreck the franchise in gaming and we wouldn't see another Aliens game for years?

The updated PC version of Colonial Marines was a good solid game with great graphics. I liked it.

Agreed. The last DLC, Stasis Interrupted, was great, even.

Weng

Maybe this time it lives up to its potential. Maybe this time we get a Wii U version with IR aiming and motion tracker on the GamePad.

It won't happen :(

jaaz

Can't fool me twice.

Actually, odds highly favor this one being good. I suspect the negative reaction the other received did not go unnoticed by the owners of the Alien IP (Fox still I think). They really can't screw this one up, and I also suspect there will be some high level oversight over this one...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Actually, odds highly favor this one being good. I suspect the negative reaction the other received did not go unnoticed by the owners of the Alien IP (Fox still I think). They really can't screw this one up, and I also suspect there will be some high level oversight over this one...

I don't think Fox particularly cares since it's just licensing out the IP and the franchise is chiefly known to people via films. Nobody is going to say to themselves, "Well, Colonial Marines was crap, so I'm not going to see Prometheus 2."

(They'll say the same thing about the original Prometheus instead. ;))

Chabbles

I had afew hours fun with the multiplayer. But the single player campaign was brutal imo. (after the update)

That shot in the OP looks pretty cool though. Still, nothing will get me hyped for this game, bar a run of excellent reviews after it launches.

Nibel

Okay

Okay

This is something we can work with - let's just hope the final version will look like that or even better

KOHIPEET

The artwork from the other day in higher res

1386934732-alien-isolation.jpeg

The structure/ship on that artwork definitely resembles the refinery towed by Nostromo in the first Alien movie. I think this is a good sign. If they try to capture the essence of the series, this might actually turn out to be good.

Crossing fingers.

DieH@rd

Banned
Entire Nostromo and rafinery blew up in Alien 1, and xenomorph was ejected into space after it tried to hide in escape pod.

Did queen in Aliens managed to survive coldness of space while she traveled on the outside of dropship? Was she inside of the dropship? I dont recall...

Top Bottom