• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Thread 2: A thread on a popular internet message board

Status
Not open for further replies.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
The important thing here is "The Return of Vinny" on April 17th. Is this confirmed? Man, I hope so. I can only go on so long without some Caravella in my Bomb.

It's just placeholder text for the time being. They did however said that Vinny would probably be out for around one more week and that their video production should speed up again next week, so it's certainly a possibility.

stupei

The important thing here is "The Return of Vinny" on April 17th. Is this confirmed? Man, I hope so. I can only go on so long without some Caravella in my Bomb.

Vinny's return coinciding with the release of The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition?

... I'd believe it.

fr4Dt.gif

Mikey Jr.

Ok, I am new to the whole endurance run thing.

I started with the deadly premonition one. I have been watching them in the order that they have put out. I'm on like number BR-08, and it seems like BR are way ahead of VJ. VJ will do like a 20 minute episode, then BR will do one that is an hour. Seems to be like this lately.

Is the best way to watch this Endurance run is by going in the order that they put them in? Or should I just stick to BR or VJ, then once I am done all of that one, switch it over to the other one?

Also, my God I can't stand watching Brad play.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
The right way to watch endurance runs is to watch the VJ Persona run, then the VJ Deadly Premonition Run, then stop.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Ok, I am new to the whole endurance run thing.

I started with the deadly premonition one. I have been watching them in the order that they have put out. I'm on like number BR-08, and it seems like BR are way ahead of VJ. VJ will do like a 20 minute episode, then BR will do one that is an hour. Seems to be like this lately.

Is the best way to watch this Endurance run is by going in the order that they put them in? Or should I just stick to BR or VJ, then once I am done all of that one, switch it over to the other one?

Also, my God I can't stand watching Brad play.

Persona 4. Seriously.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
GB's lack of content in the last few months makes it very easy to not resub. Plenty of games they could do it for. Crush3D, hell I'd even take a Funky Barn.

Mikey Jr.

Yeah, I was thinking about dropping BR. VJ do seem like the best. I do like Ryan a little though.

I'll give BR one more video. If its not great, I'll probably drop them.

And yeah, I will definitely go to Persona 4. No doubt. Heard a lot of good things.

How is the Chrono Trigger run? Worth the time? Mind you, I played CT to Hell and back.

panda21

need.. new.... quick.... looks...

hope they bust out a quick look live.. or something live... later today.

i actually re-watched the entire game room cycle since there has been so little content lately.

edit: i think BR has some really good bits near the end that VJ don't run into

Kind of a dick move on Drew's part to leave for vacation when Vinny's still out on paternity. I would have waited the extra couple days for him to come back if I was in that position.

need.. new.... quick.... looks...

hope they bust out a quick look live.. or something live... later today.

i actually re-watched the entire game room cycle since there has been so little content lately.

edit: i think BR has some really good bits near the end that VJ don't run into

If you want to watch some good videos about games there are other places to get the fix.

http://retrowaretv.com/happy-video-game-nerd/
http://www.youtube.com/user/GamingMill/videos

Kind of a dick move on Drew's part to leave for vacation when Vinny's still out on paternity. I would have waited the extra couple days for him to come back if I was in that position.

If he's booked travel and board then changing plans would cost hundreds of dollars.

Rapstah

Could have been planned for months, don't blame the guy. This is assuming Vinny didn't tell him half a year ago, but they're probably not that intimate.

Curufinwe

You really have no idea what's going on in Drew's life or why he's taking vacation right now so that's a dumb statement to make.

ultron87

If you're good at rewording other peoples stories they might even make you a News Editor.

Oh please. Say what you will about Patrick but he certainly puts out plenty of original pieces. And I'd rather have his news posts than Alex's that are coated in several layers of cynicism half the time.

Myomoto

When is the last time Drew went on a vacation?

Oh please. Say what you will about Patrick but he certainly puts out plenty of original pieces. And I'd rather have his news posts than Alex's that are coated in several layers of cynicism half the time.

But the cynicism/snark is the best part! Alex gets a lot of hate, but I absolutely adore everything he writes.

StuBurns

Banned
I'm watching the panel, public Q&As really are the worst shit. Every question is delayed by thirty seconds of dick sucking. It's actually pretty selfish, you could have a lot more questions if everyone wasn't wasting so much time or asking multiple questions.

The Ghost Recon dude though, fucking hell, embarrassing shit.

sixghost

When is the last time Drew went on a vacation?

But the cynicism/snark is the best part! Alex gets a lot of hate, but I absolutely adore everything he writes.

Just curious, how old are you?

I probably would have enjoyed Alex's writing when I was a teenager. The constant snark and sarcasm just gets tiring.

LuchaShaq

Banned
I'm watching the panel, public Q&As really are the worst shit. Every question is delayed by thirty seconds of dick sucking. It's actually pretty selfish, you could have a lot more questions if everyone wasn't wasting so much time or asking multiple questions.

Any time a viewer is asking questions at a panel/on call during happy hour/during radio show it's basically the literal worst.

That said I understand why they do it so I just fast forward/skip when it's OH GOD bad instead of just cringeworthy.

Duffyside

Banned

Q&As are always hideous. There's no filter, and moreover they spend so much time already addressing questions; their own forums, formspring, member-stuff, etc.

You're absolutely right, so incredibly selfish "ooh ooh it's ME time! This is my fifteen minutes I can't wait to make a mark on the internet!" I was dreading the Q&A the entire time I was watching it, and I didn't even have to hear one question before I rolled my eyes—did you see the people run up to the mic the very second they were allowed to, as if they were children racing to cut in line for the ice cream truck? Waja.

W1SSY

Took a break rom the Persona 4 ER but started watching them again. So far I am at episode 64 and I am really enjoying it. The episode with the power going out was great just because at the end you could tell they were in a hurry to get it done before the PS2 shut off.

It is kind of weird watching it later though because you hear them talking about things like the GiantBomb app and Brad playing Velvet Assassin. It definitely seems in a lot of the episodes I have watched recently they just start to talk about what they are playing on their own. I guess that is to be expected because you can only make fun of the same things so many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom