• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Modern Warfare 2 details leaked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well unless the thread is locked (which it probably should be) you might as well use the thread for suggestions to the Modern Warfare 2 community site which is what the real point of the twitter site was for anyway. I was going to post that site earlier in the day but GAF was down obviously for most of the day.

DevelopmentArrested said:
Left 4 Dead. I'd rather IW focus on the actual game, thanks.

Agreed. A lot of the things that are in vogue at the moment I don't care for.

I'm not even a huge fan of the game having multiplayer co-op although I know I'm in the minority in that opinion. In reality I don't much care about the single player at all.

Mileena

Banned
Not removing any perks? At release we're going to be flooded (once again) by scrubs with both juggernaut and martyrdom on.

I like the P90. :(

Nice list though! If this holds true it solidifies Modern Warfare 2 as the best multiplayer shooter of all time.

A ton of CoD MP game modes + hardcore mode for all + Co-op campaign + "Nazi Zombie" game = Perfection

Hopefully it releases with a TON of good maps.

Edit: Oh. It's fake.

blindrocket said:
I like the P90. :(

Nice list though! If this holds true it solidifies Modern Warfare 2 as the best multiplayer shooter of all time.

A ton of CoD MP game modes + hardcore mode for all + Co-op campaign + "Nazi Zombie" game = Perfection

Hopefully it releases with a TON of good maps.

Edit: Oh. It's fake.

let's hope it doesn't contain text

bjscott05 said:
I doubt IW will make the mistake of putting vehicles in MP.
That's the first thing I said when I read this thread. Tanks suck in WaW, and I was never a fan of vehicles in Halo. Just leave vehicles out of FPS.

sullytao

Kinda hope this list is fake. Mainly due to vehicles and no P90. Either way its in the hands of the good devs this year so I expect godliness whatever the outcome.

J-Rzez

*New sniper rifle: SR25M (United states forces)

It was a hard fought battle on my part spamming the fuck out of this gun being in there, and every game actually, but victory is mine! Now, is it going to be the SR-25SD? Straight up SR-25? Or the XM-110m0? At least if fake, people noticed it should be in there.

I hope the L85A2 is in MW 2.

Considering it's a staple of some euro armies and special forces, it's odd it wouldn't be in there. Granted, the gun had some massive flaws to it before H&K fixed it.

Thought this was fake the second I saw something about M16 kills in one shot for everything but hands and feet...

I mean cmon.

Yeah, that's BS too. It better not be like that. Full burst center of mass, ok. In fact, if it's "Modern Warfare", I'm not sure why it's listed there in the first place since the M4 is the dominate AR in military branches, almost as much, maybe more now than the AK.

Anyways, IW really has to fix the shortcomings of CoD4 as it's not going to get a free ride with shooter fans this time as there's going to be some MASSIVE competition likely/hopefully.

Jtrizzy

This was the first FPS I really enjoyed other than Golden Eye and Doom, and was the first I was hardcore into online for a while.

I've been waiting on KZ2 for a while (skipped WaW, as I don't care for WWII setting) after getting to level 50 in COD4, and here is the deal. I just don't feel like the lethal cat like killer I did in COD4 mp.

The controls seem better in the MP than the single player, but I don't remember having the reticule swing wildly around in COD4 like when I'm online in KZ2.

Rayme said:
People. This list is fake.

I mean; I can't get into how-much-if-any is true, how much is false, etc (there's a reason why companies "don't comment on rumors"... it would NEVER FUCKING END), but this list wasn't put together by anyone with any insider information. There's also some craziness that should red-flag this as "stuff I made up and wrote down" (like grass camo for snipers... that's straight out of CoD4 MP).

Anyhow. List is fakey-fake potshots, sounds like a boring fucking game, and isn't from someone who's seen what's running on our devkits here, ahthankyouverymuch.

Thanks for clarifying.

Thread should be locked to prevent further confusion!

Nafai1123

Banned
I'd take a more modern SP campaign over any of this stuff tbh. Unlimited spawning enemies with little to no A.I. is so outdated...

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Vehicles would be very unlike IW, considering the CoD history. If there are vehicles, there must be something new and special about them because otherwise we wouldn't be seeing them.

t3nmilez

Someone needs to update the OP to confirm it's BS.

Someone getting the post deleted and banned means nothing. If you started a thread here saying that you had inside info and posted that list maybe you'd get banned too.

Really, I wish they'd throw in as many guns as possible, continue with the sorta very slight variations between them. With the SMG's for example, let's say about 90% of the time, it probably didn't matter which one you were holding in a given firefight. Hell just make some reskinned versions of each other. Never bothered me in Rainbow 6. Just don't make power weapons.

Lame rumors are Lame.

I preferred when rumors were ground breaking, like when we were making that Sci-fi Stealth Assassin game in space.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
fourzerotwo said:
Lame rumors are Lame.

I preferred when rumors were ground breaking, like when we were making that Sci-fi Stealth Assassin game in space.

How about the rumor that this is your last Call of Duty then you're moving to a new IP?

That was a good one from not that long ago. I still have some good faith in that one actually.

Zeke

good to hear its fake count me in the no vehicles in MP camp. If they do take the P90 out I won't be crying about it. M14 and MP5 ftw!

Jtrizzy

OverHeat said:
ps3 owner?

yeah. But I would like to still hear the sound effects from the game, and be able to adjust the various volume levels. Basically the way it's done in KZ 2.

COD4 for was awesome for PS3 even though it lacked a few things the 360 version had and got the dlc later. It ran perfectly and was a dream to control.

sullytao

fourzerotwo said:
Lame rumors are Lame.

Glad to finally have confirmation of B/S :D

-viper-

Banned
Martyrdom = no sale
Vehicles = no sale
600p = no sale.

Honestly, the game better be 720p minimum. I hate the soft appearance of COD4 on my TV.

J-Rzez

PedroLumpy said:
Really, I wish they'd throw in as many guns as possible

This is something I hope they listen to. The way they have it set up especially, they really need to crank up the armories a bit. Sniper rilfes were of horribly short supply for example, along with pistols. I understand there's a limited supply of LMGs, but there is a vast wealth of ARs and SMGs to stack up on. I hope they do this as well as a few other major shortcomings the game suffered with, and it could be a great piece.

Cobra84

-viper- said:
Martyrdom = no sale
Vehicles = no sale
600p = no sale.

Honestly, the game better be 720p minimum. I hate the soft appearance of COD4 on my TV.

Brain dead AI = no sale
Run, shoot, die/checkpoint gameplay = no sale

J-Rzez said:
This is something I hope they listen to. The way they have it set up especially, they really need to crank up the armories a bit. Sniper rilfes were of horribly short supply for example, along with pistols. I understand there's a limited supply of LMGs, but there is a vast wealth of ARs and SMGs to stack up on. I hope they do this as well as a few other major shortcomings the game suffered with, and it could be a great piece.
The problem with more guns is that most modern guns share ammo. What is going to be the differences between a bunch of 5.56mm guns all with 30 round magazines?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
-viper- said:
Martyrdom = no sale
Vehicles = no sale
600p = no sale.

1 sale out of 3 millions minimum. Not bad.

It will not run at 720P unless you don't want 60FPS, and trust me... COD at 30FPS wouldn't be the same. IW are technical wizards, they'll make something happen, but don't expect 720p.

Eric WK

People who make threads like these need to start updating the OP when they realize the information isn't exactly correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom