• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Image of PS4 Retail Demo Station At Home Depot

satam55

Banned
First Image of PS4 Retail Demo Station At Home Depot
By Sehran Thu, 2013-10-10 06:18

Here is the first image of PS4 retail demo station at Home Depot. The retailer has a full Playstation 4 demo Kiosks set up ready and is allowing players to get try their hands on PS4 early.

playstation-4_0.jpg

The following image comes via Reddit user Ldominguez1986. He says: "I have a friend who is an employee at Home Depot and I confirm this! He said they will be setting them up in Lawn & Garden in the coming week."

BWANgCgCEAAb4iR.jpg

http://www.gamepur.com/news/12372-first-image-ps4-retail-demo-station-home-depot.html

That's weird they would have a demo station of this at a Home Depot.

Darksol

So they have enough units for 40+ countries, as well as displays in Gamespot, Best Buy, and Home Depot?

...AWESOME.

Deadstar

That's weird they would have a demo station of this at a Home Depot.

The following image comes via Reddit user Ldominguez1986. He says: "I have a friend who is an employee at Home Depot and I confirm this! He said they will be setting them up in Lawn & Garden in the coming week."

Is this because they're going to mow down the competition?

Context:

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/1o455o/ps4_retail_demo_station/ccon47m?context=3

I hope for the sake of the reporter that the dude isn't joking, cause lol

I have a friend who is an employee at Home Depot and I confirm this! He said they will be setting them up in Lawn & Garden in the coming week.

He's gotta be trolling but I hope its real just for how ridiculous it would be to see a game kiosk in the lawn & garden section of Home Depot.

border

He's obviously just joking about Home Depot, and doesn't want to get his friend in trouble by saying where he actually works.

Sterba

Home Depot of all places?
That camera is beautifully tiny compared to its opposing counterpart.

I hadn't even noticed it, til you mentioned it. Wow.

I saw this pop up on Reddit earlier, and I assumed, and still believe, the guy who said Home Depot was just trolling/joking. Looks like someone is taking that as fact and running with it though, haha.

So much stock they ran out of retailers to sell it through?

Had to dig deep and roll out the secret home depot alliance?

Unprecedented for sure

I have trouble believing home depot

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I just saw the Home Depot site (italian here) and...PS4 demos there? You can definitely see they want to build a big userbase.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Looks tight!

Cels

He's obviously just joking about Home Depot, and doesn't want to get his friend in trouble by saying where he actually works.

i feel this way too, but i don't think anyone else in the thread has reached this conclusion

Just FYI I'm 99% certain that pic of the ps4 demo unit is in a best buy auto bay where they install new sound systems and gps it's sometimes used as assembly and storage area.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
The station isn't finished. Here, I fixed it.
Hah! I chuckled... only a little bit. Guys, look at the bright side, if you have a Home Depot near you, you can play there instead of Gamestop. Where the sniveling drooling disgusting slimy dirty ( Not all of them... I don't like kids. ) children will be touching and hogging the ones there. There will be lines. I still remember the 360 launch and waiting 15 minutes to play and taking turns with 3 other people at a booth.

Milennia

Hah! I chuckled... only a little bit. Guys, look at the bright side, if you have a Home Depot near you, you can play there instead of Gamestop. Where the sniveling drooling disgusting slimy dirty ( Not all of them... I don't like kids. ) children will be touching and hogging the ones there. There will be lines. I still remember the 360 launch and waiting 15 minutes to play and taking turns with 3 other people at a booth.

.... When the gamestop by me setup their 360 demo station ( in a mall) there wasnt anyone there so i just sat there and played cod 2 for over 3 hours straight lol im sure the dude who tried it after me learned pretty quick how sweaty my hands get after about 15 minutes lol

Man

Looks like one of those 2013 Bravia TV's with super low latency and 4:4:4 image reproduction (in gaming mode).

Top Bottom