• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy Two, Get One Free at Best Buy (1/16-1/23)

B.K.

I just read about it on CAG. Best Buy is having a buy two, get one free sale on all 360, DS, PS3, PSP, and Wii games that are $29.99 and higher.

Shurs said:
The sale ends before Dead Space 2 comes out.
32ztcwn.gifb363_o.png

see5harp

Shurs said:
The sale ends before Dead Space 2 comes out.

Pick up something, get a separate gift receipt, and then exchange for Dead Space 2. Even better, just exchange two of the unopened Mad Men blu rays you got on black friday for $25 credit or so each, and you just bought Dead Space 2 for $10.

EDIT: I suppose I wasn't including the $20 you paid for the Mad Men BD, but you get the point. Shit works though.

see5harp said:
Pick up something, get a separate gift receipt, and then exchange for Dead Space 2.
Isn't this legally considered petty larceny / aren't there countermeasures to prevent you from doing this?

Zachack

badcrumble said:
Isn't this legally considered petty larceny / aren't there countermeasures to prevent you from doing this?
There may be countermeasures but that specifically isn't considered fraudulent (or if it is it's very abstract and I doubt BB would care even at a theoretical level). What I think he's suggesting with the Mad Men return would be a form of fraud, though.

pulga

Banned
Obvious, but requisite question: will the sale be online as well?

I need me some DKCR, Epic Mickey and Sonic Colors.

see5harp

Zachack said:
There may be countermeasures but that specifically isn't considered fraudulent (or if it is it's very abstract and I doubt BB would care even at a theoretical level). What I think he's suggesting with the Mad Men return would be a form of fraud, though.

Not really. They give you sale price in store credit. That's their store policy. You don't have to say you bought it there, just ask to exchange it and usually there's no problem. Walmart won't do that without a receipt but Best Buy and Fry's does.

So it's a discounted $20+ per game (for select titles)? Why not just give the discount directly instead of camouflaging what really isn't a deal? Or is this the retailer's way of just getting rid of what they don't want?

I think I look too much into things...

Patryn

BloodySinner said:
So it's a discounted $20+ per game (for select titles)? Why not just give the discount directly instead of camouflaging what really isn't a deal? Or is this the retailer's way of just getting rid of what they don't want?

To entice people to buy that second game, instead of having them just come and buy one discounted game.

B.K.

BloodySinner said:
So it's a discounted $20+ per game (for select titles)? Why not just give the discount directly instead of camouflaging what really isn't a deal?

They're not camouflaging anything. You buy two and get one free. The only catch is they have to be over $30, so you can't use it on the cheap bargain bin games to get three for almost nothing.

BloodySinner said:

Thats making the assumption people will buy 3 $60 games with this, these types of sales usually encourage people to buy more than they would, making up for the discount of giving away one game "free".

The combination of Little Big Planet 2 C.E., Heavy Rain & Dead Space 2 could be enticing if it would be possible to get the DS2 exchange the week after.

Top Bottom