• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holy shi- it's that guy! Mindblowing actor stuff.

zeemumu

I never knew this was Cassandra Peterson (Elvira) in Pee-Wee's Big Adventure

020-on-screen-bloopers-to-watch-for-8e0e58b315af9b8e8e7518170ecd65f3.jpg

goljanek

Neo Member
I've recently bindge-watched the whole of Mad Men and whenever Ken Cosgrove:

tumblr_me43dwMr6x1qamhfa.png

was appearing it was unsettling for me as I knew him, just didn't know where from. Eventually Take 2 came to the rescue and announced remastered edition of LA Noire:

LA-Noire-remastered.jpg

Mr Git

Just watched the recent Fantastic Four film and was trying to place the actor playing Johnny Storm for ages. About half way through realised it's Wallace from The Wire. I haven't seen him in anything since so was a bit holy shit.

Daffy Duck

Xander Berkeley of 24 and The walking Dead to name but two things

XEyP0GX.jpg

Is Todd in Terminator 2..it hit when I saw the 4K 3D release, never saw it before

Yrtc94c.jpg

He also pops up with an uncredited role as a scientist in The Rock

yNPpjCa.jpg

Spaced is a goldmine for this stuff.

Ricky Gervais as the sleazy phone operator who mucks up Marsha's flat advertisement.
spaced-gervais.jpg

David Walliams (one half of the Little Britain duo) as Weirdo performance artist "Vulva"
spaced-walliams.jpg

John Simms, aka, The Master from Doctor Who as the dude who slips the drugs into Daisy's luggage.
Spaced%2B3.jpg

And Mark Gatiss, Doctor Who/Sherlock writer and Plays Sherlock's brother Mycroft as one of the agents after the drugs.
spaced-gatiss.jpg

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I never knew this was Cassandra Peterson (Elvira) in Pee-Wee's Big Adventure

020-on-screen-bloopers-to-watch-for-8e0e58b315af9b8e8e7518170ecd65f3.jpg

That's neat. Both Peterson and Reubens have fairly prominent rolls in the latest Call of Duty zombies thing. Well, Peterson only for one map, but Reubens through the whole thing. They get very catty with each other.

I've recently bindge-watched the whole of Mad Men and whenever Ken Cosgrove:

tumblr_me43dwMr6x1qamhfa.png

was appearing it was unsettling for me as I knew him, just didn't know where from. Eventually Take 2 came to the rescue and announced remastered edition of LA Noire:

LA-Noire-remastered.jpg

you'll find that a very large proportion of the cast of Mad Men (or people who appeared in an episode of Mad Men) were in LA Noire. Most of the regulars apart from Jon Hamm, Elisabeth Moss and January Jones are in LA Noire somewhere.

xFBNOqNl.png

I was watching Zootopia yesterday and was looking through the cast list and saw that the voice actor for the rhino police officer was Rhino from Gladiators. Nice pun that 99% of the audience would never have known about.

11304482.jpg

I realized last week during the Good Place premier that this guy, Steve Berg, who plays a background character and is in a ton of commercials was one of the groupies in Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog.

mclem

Spaced is a goldmine for this stuff.

Ricky Gervais as the sleazy phone operator who mucks up Marsha's flat advertisement.
spaced-gervais.jpg

David Walliams (one half of the Little Britain duo) as Weirdo performance artist "Vulva"
spaced-walliams.jpg

John Simms, aka, The Master from Doctor Who as the dude who slips the drugs into Daisy's luggage.
Spaced%2B3.jpg

And Mark Gatiss, Doctor Who/Sherlock writer and Plays Sherlock's brother Mycroft as one of the agents after the drugs.
spaced-gatiss.jpg

One that fits in spirit: also from Spaced, in the episode 'Mettle' - with the extensive One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest parody - the guy who played the equivalent to the Chief (second from the left)

pUJi5wk.gif

Is Tim Sampson, the son of Will Sampson - the actor who played the Chief in OFOTCN.

LakeEarth

Fisk from daredevil kept itching at my brain, then I realized he was cockroach dude in MIB1.

No lie, my wife saw his first scene in Daredevil (which is of the back of his head looking at a painting), and she goes "that's the guy from The Cell". Fucking insane moment, she does not follow who plays what in shows.

To contribute, I watched the terrible Nicholas Cage movie "Vampire's Kiss" from 1988 (which is the source of many scenes from that 'Nicholas Cage losing his shit" video a few years back), and there's a scene where David Hyde Pierce is talking in the background. I'm pretty sure he's not in any other scene. He's credited as "theatre guy" on IMDB, and it's his fifth credit as an actor.

Davey Cakes

you'll find that a very large proportion of the cast of Mad Men (or people who appeared in an episode of Mad Men) were in LA Noire. Most of the regulars apart from Jon Hamm, Elisabeth Moss and January Jones are in LA Noire somewhere.
Elizabeth Moss is in L.A. Noire isn't she? Could've sworn she was a character in one of the homicide cases.

finley83

Banned
Chuck was also in the X-Files as the area 51 agent who swapped bodies with Mulder and spent his time playing Tiger Woods and trying to cop off with Scully.

My other half was watching a terrible made-for-TV Charles and Diana film on Netflix a while back and I thought the Prince Charles actor looked familiar...

9c77da7e6f41cc99da9a489fac9e23e6--david-threlfall-charles-david.jpg

shaneo632

Jaw literally dropped just now when I realised that Dennis from It's Always Sunny is the doctor in the Crank films (not Dwight Yoakam obviously):

006CRK_Jason_Statham_053.jpg

The fuck

bengraven

Saw Wonder Woman the other day, had the first one of these that's really gotten me in a while.

is

is

Holy shit I knew she looked familiar but she looks so much different from when she was on The Office and in Shaun.

I can't believe this got me.

yunbuns

Jaw literally dropped just now when I realised that Dennis from It's Always Sunny is the doctor in the Crank films (not Dwight Yoakam obviously):

006CRK_Jason_Statham_053.jpg

The fuck

Looking at this picture without context, I honestly would have just thought Jason Statham guessed started on Always Sunny.

This one is probably better known, but Pee Wee Herman was the Penguin's dad in two live action Batman adaptations.

Batman Returns
paul_reubens_batman_returns_gotham.png

Gotham
c1769a25acd89b90c77f544fe56e3872c1b104cd15af7a12bf8a49709d2ad254.jpg

photo.jpg

Bonus points

Penguin's mother in Batman Returns is Simone from Pee Wee's Big Adventure

pw02%255B1%255D.jpg

She also showed up in a different role in the Pee Wee movie Netflix put out earlier this year.

pee-wees-big-holiday-2016-penny-king-flying-car-paul-reubens-diane-salinger-simone-original-movie.jpg

Maaan, Pee Wee Herman was legit!!!!

I grew up watching Pee Wee's Big Adventure so many times that it drove my mom crazy.

I always wondered what happened to him. Just read that he got caught masturbating in a public adult cinema and that totally tanked his career.

Such a shame, really.

A few weeks ago, I started rewatching Malcom in the Middle on Netflix, and realized the guy who plays Butch from Gotham was in it:

Gotham:
Code:
[IMG]https://i.pinimg.com/736x/69/5f/fb/695ffb7b39f6e196558553621d7f9216--character-portraits-tv-land.jpg[/IMG]

Malcolm:
latest

Top Bottom