• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Surfer Girl returns, claims 360 slim for E3 and rebrand

Wasn't Surfer Girl actually a lot of journalists and debs that were sharing an account to leak stuff.
Pretty sure they got found ot and that's ehh the predictions stopped.

bmf has very close relations with emperor penguins

very close

very very close

what i am getting at is that he puts his genitalia into their orifices

Hey, I'm just playing along with the prophecy here

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Diablohead said:
Hey guys I found a pic of the 360 slim natal:

http://i41.tinypic.com/1z677yv.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I would probably buy another one if it did look like that :lol

Segata Sanshiro said:
bmf has very close relations with emperor penguins

very close

very very close

what i am getting at is that he puts his genitalia into their orifices

Hey, I'm just playing along with the prophecy here
I put it across their foreheads actually.

wRATH2x

Banned
That several journalists theory sounds about right, I would also like to add that it looks like one deviated and is making the claims and the others are mad at him and wrote that real Surfer Girl post.

Even if this is not the real surfer girl, the prediction is pretty obvious anyway (Hell I predicted it a good solid year ago at last year's E3!)

Man, I hope a 360 version of Metal Gear isn't one of their aces in the hole at E3. For one thing, I already played it on the PS3. For another, the game really wasn't that good.

I think MS needs to stop worrying about outdated Sony exclusives and start pouring money into some of its own properties.

Dabanton

professor_t said:
Man, I hope a 360 version of Metal Gear isn't one of their aces in the hole at E3. For one thing, I already played it on the PS3. For another, the game really wasn't that good.

I think MS needs to stop worrying about outdated Sony exclusives and start pouring money into some of its own properties.

Erm this is a sarcastic response, yes?

nico

Banned
wait i haven't played mgs4 but is it something that would work on natal/move? would anyone care? this seems weird

vectorman06 said:

Jesus Christ! With an exception of like twelve rumors on that list the rest were either excruciatingly obvious (Far Cry 3 is coming to the PS3), insanely vague or unclear (Street Fighter IV 2D/3D/Cellshaded), or just flatout false (Jade Empire II).

Seriously I have no idea why people even took "surfer girl" seriously.

yencid said:
we have to remember that the industry changes and plans change. a lot of the "false rumors" are half true :eek:

im not sure if this shipped with the glasses actually... all i know that its 3d :p

true

hella true

is the console one still happening?

i can prob find some more.

A sequel to a platinum selling game is still going to happen?

Rockstar is going to heavily market the GTA expansion packs in which Microsoft payed millions to acquire as a timed exclusive?

CDProjekt is interested in taking a bite into the console RPG market in which every other big hitting WRPG developer has this generation?

Holy Shit! She sees into the future!!!

Cdammen

Damn... I like white consoles. They hide the dust so well. But hey, smaller form factor + Natal = Insta-buy. I'll gladly cough up som dough to get rid of my noisy launch Xbox 360.

Dabanton said:
Erm this is a sarcastic response, yes?

Actually, I shouldn't say that MGS isn't very good. I simply didn't like it that much.

And, no, I wasn't being sarcastic about Microsoft's focus. I would be much more excited to hear about a cool new IP than to hear that MS got their hooks into another big Playstation exclusive.

Witnessing the GAF meltdown just isn't enough incentive these days.

Sloane

Banned
If it's really Surfer Girl, then great, he/she had fantastic intel. Doesn't quite sound like him/her though.

Edit: First posts from 2008? Eh. :(

I always thought that it was someone from Insomniac..... it felt like whoever wrote it used to comment on them a lot.... especially during the R2 dev.

Garjon

Insomniac Games will surprise everyone at E3 - probably even Sony.
Utter stupidity; do you really think IG wouldn't tell Sony i.e. their publisher that they were going to have their game published by someone else?
Either the new 'surfer girl' means something else or there is no way in hell that this account is genuine. Hell it probably is the same guy as Gamefork etc.

NHale

Garjon said:
Utter stupidity; do you really think IG wouldn't tell Sony i.e. their publisher that they were going to have their game published by someone else?
Either the new 'surfer girl' means something else or there is no way in hell that this account is genuine. Hell it probably is the same guy as Gamefork etc.

And we have a winner!

I'm still waiting for Metal Gear Solid: Oxide and GTA IV expansion with Packie as the main character. :lol

itxaka

Defeatist
Sin said:
Guys, I have a confession to make... I am SurferGirl.

Believe

no, I am surfer girl

qzghtl.jpg

raphier

Banned
-Already suspected prediction: Check
-Unsuspected secret not revealed, but hinted at: Check

I am not believing this(concerning SurferGirl). Since when did Surfer Girl gave cryptic and PR-kind of messages like "MGS"? It's microsoft marketing department at it trying to fish some hype. Mark my words.

raphier said:
-Already suspected prediction: Check
-Unsuspected secret not revealed, but hinted at: Check

I am not believing this(concerning SurferGirl). Since when did Surfer Girl gave cryptic and PR-kind of messages like "MGS"? It's microsoft marketing department at it trying to fish some hype. Mark my words.

He/she has done that before and revealed it in other occasions (as in here, it being MGS:Touch). That said, we'll just have to wait until E3 to see what's what.

Vizion28

Banned
I predicted Microsoft was going to rebrand their console to go for the extreme casuals. Which is funny because there is a thread somewhere on Gaf about that very topic where many posters said it would be a stupid thing to do.

That said in regards to the video game industry, Microsoft is so predictable. There hasn't been a move by Microsoft were I was surprised.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Deepack said:
If this becomes reality, I can already hear the Fanboys yelling "Treason"!

It's not like there will be any Ratchet or Resistance games for the 360 though, as Sony owns those franchises IIRC.

Besides, I don't really think a lot of PS3/Sony fans would care all that much if IG went multiplat

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Slim console? Yes please!

New brand and logo? What would they call it exactly? I like xbox and I doubt they will just change the name to 360. Something new perhaps to include Natal in the overall scheme of things?

Kinda silly to totally change the name of a product during its life cycle. So I'm guessing its just going to be called '360' after E3.

Natal still has my hopes up. Wanna see just how good it can be.

Ponn

Banned
Hmmm..M.G.S.

Mighty Gordita Slayers

Its a Natal game made by Taco Bell, you have to fight and eat an army of gorditas. Special bonus bathroom round. It will truly show the power of motion controls!

V_Ben

Banned
yay. More "predictions" anybody with half a brain could make. another insomniac rumour? yep. a psn update? yep. the only interesting thing is web apps.

GCX

Router said:
Slim console? Yes please!

New brand and logo? What would they call it exactly? I like xbox and I doubt they will just change the name to 360. Something new perhaps to include Natal in the overall scheme of things?

Kinda silly to totally change the name of a product during its life cycle. So I'm guessing its just going to be called '360' after E3.

Natal still has my hopes up. Wanna see just how good it can be.
Rebranding doesn't mean they're going to change the name of the product.

I recall Kojima going on about how brilliant Natal was and how much he loved it, so I could see Rising motion controls happening. PS3 version will probably get the same treatment, but the game was also slated for PC too, right? Not sure how they'll swing that...

Either way, my interest wanes.

Suzzopher

autobzooty said:
I recall Kojima going on about how brilliant Natal was and how much he loved it, so I could see Rising motion controls happening. PS3 version will probably get the same treatment, but the game was also slated for PC too, right? Not sure how they'll swing that...

Either way, my interest wanes.

Natal is PC compatible no?

Anyway, MGS: Rising with motion controls for any of the versions would have to be damn revolutionary for me to be interested. I would imagine a port of Touch is more than likely.

Suzzopher said:
Natal is PC compatible no?

Anyway, MGS: Rising with motion controls for any of the versions would have to be damn revolutionary for me to be interested. I would imagine a port of Touch is more than likely.

Oh, I didn't know Natal was PC compatible. That solves that, then.

Also, last thing we heard about Rising was that the team was still coming up with ideas and they'd have something to show at e3 2010. It's definitely a new game, not a port of touch or whatever. but it does have the dangerous scent of "spinoff" attached to it.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
The Surfer Girl hate in this thread is baffling.
Did any of you bother to check how much stuff she "guessed" right? And not just obvious stuff like "the winter is cold".

Shiggy said:
It's not the real Surfergirl here. This blog was opened soon after Surfergirl closed her blog.
I had my doubts too. Why wouldn't she just reopen the old blog instead of creating a new one (something anyone can do)?

V_Ben

Banned
Jocchan said:
The Surfer Girl hate in this thread is baffling.
Did any of you bother to check how much stuff she "guessed" right? And not just obvious stuff like "the winter is cold".

I had my doubts too. Why wouldn't she just reopen the old blog instead of creating a new one (something anyone can do)?

yeah, it would be far more sensible to reopen the old blog. I'm pretty sure this isn't them.

The MGS obviously refers to Metal Gear Rising where you pretend to hold a sword in your hand and swing it around. It will be interesting.... to watch.

Top Bottom