• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta will be available in early 2014 (PS4, PS3, XONE, 360)

Quentyn

From Amazon.com

kCwmnxt.png

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BGA9Y3W/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Surprised they didn't go all Elder Scrolls Online on us and go the 'PS4 exclusive beta' route (obviously ESO has the PC too, but you get my point).

I don't care, just give it to me.

EDIT: If its US only I will stab something

Xater

Early 2014 can mean a lot depending on what you understand as early. This will totally be a Q2/Q3 game.

bjaelke

The Playstation blog (EU and NA) wrote that we could expect a trailer and something else today. Maybe they'll reveal the beta and other pre-order bonuses.
Tomorrow, check back right here to watch our latest gameplay trailer, set in a destination a lot of fans have been asking to see for the first time. We’ll also have some exciting announcements if you’re looking to suit up and explore our new frontier. Stay tuned!

mitchman

Gold Member
"This item will be released on June 30, 2014."

Might be a placeholder, but if the beta is early 2014, it sounds accurate.

mitchman

Gold Member
Pre-ordered it now (I'm in Europe and ordered from the US amazon.com):

Congratulations! Your pre-order of "Destiny" qualifies for beta access. Amazon will email you a beta access promotional code with redemption instructions within 1 business day.

Congratulations. Your purchase qualifies for the Amazon Exclusive Destiny Digital Star Map.

broony

Pre-ordered it now (I'm in Europe and ordered from the US amazon.com):

Congratulations! Your pre-order of "Destiny" qualifies for beta access. Amazon will email you a beta access promotional code with redemption instructions within 1 business day.

Congratulations. Your purchase qualifies for the Amazon Exclusive Destiny Digital Star Map.

Just got ther email with the star map stuff. It is just wallpapers for phones and PCs.

RdN

Good for Bungie that they are not getting cocky and thinking that they can release a game like this without a big beta.

Stats were reset at the end of Reach's beta and most people didn't mind

True, but stats is a bit different then unique weapons you've earned and so on. But then again, it also happens in MMO's.

Which is why I personally won't put 30 hours into the beta knowing that everything will be gone before launch.

Lexxon

PC?

...anyone?

:(

This game is one of the only next-gen games I'm interested in so far that won't be multiplatform on PC. Hoping Bungie eventually brings it to the master race.

Milennia

In for ps4 version!

Other than Titanfall and infamous this is one of my most hyped for games of next year and next gen, im hoping for a more serious tone borderlands .

foxbeldin

I had the chance to have quite a discussion with Deej at Destiny's Gamescom party (i won an Activision contest and was invited). Aside from the fact that he is one of the greatest and passionnate PR i ever met, something he told surprised me a little : They could have set up a few rigs, polished a MP map and let people have deathmatch on it, but they wouldn't because they felt it would give a wrong impression on what the game is really about, and he added they wanted to present Destiny to the Europeans. And then something like, "i don't know if Halo is a big deal were you are". I couldn't give you the exact words, but it felt like we were an uninformed tier2 country that didn't watch E3 footages.

That's why we didn't get something different at Gamescom, and that's why i fear for the European Beta.

Top Bottom