• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Busty

Banned
I just noticed that Suicide Squad is trending on Twitter at the moment. Is it because of Ayer potentially getting the Scarface gig?

DAMsMbfUQAEhw_L.jpg

DAMsNpNU0AEcGnN.jpg

Ouch.

She did say "extreme", not "all". Which, yeah, the super overzealous ones fucking suck. But, someone's gonna take it as "all Snyder fans", and it's going to be a mess.

And I really couldn't care anymore. The two sides can fight until the fiery heat death of the universe. I'm gonna go see Wonder Woman.

IconGrist

Visual representation of me when I see critics taking Zack Snyder snipes while praising Wonder Woman:
tenor.gif

One critic who took shots at Snyder has already made her Twitter profile private after it was pointed out to her that Snyder came up with the story, it's still part of his DCEU blueprint and his production company put up most of the money to get the movie made.

Peru

People in this thread are way too obsessed with Snyder and what people say about him. Seems cult-ish. Can't imagine what twitter trolls add to that.

Ninjimbo

People in this thread are way too obsessed with Snyder and what people say about him. Seems cult-ish. Can't imagine what twitter trolls add to that.
I think a lot of us just don't like pile ons. I certainly don't and Zack makes good movies in my eyes. He doesn't deserve the Lucas treatment (neither did Lucas).

Ross61

The shots I've seen of him are downright disgusting sometimes and he seems like a genuinely good person so of course I have something to say.

I think most of it -- in this thread -- is jokingly taken to the extreme opposite of what others post in a serious manner. Does the man deserve to have his intelligence questioned because he doesn't give an amazing interview? Does he deserve to be judged at all for having a larger than usual family?

Ross61

I think most of it is jokingly taken to the extreme opposite of what others post in a serious manner. Does the man deserve to have his intelligence questioned because he doesn't give an amazing interview? Does he deserved to be judged at all for having a larger than usual family?
That has always been a weird criticism. I mean, I guess if it were by multiple different women, but it's from ex wives and he adopted some more. Not like he was sleeping around and don't know what a condom is.

a916

Most of us (I hope) Praise Snyder in a jokingly way. But the out of left field swipes at him are just unprofessional and mostly lazy.

You know he would've been unfairly blamed if this thing bombed (like Suicide Squad)

Ahasverus

He is
He's the shining in the night without whom I cannot see
And he is
Insurrection, he is spite,he's the force that made me be
He is
Nostro dis pater ,nostra alma mater
He is

Ashhong

It goes for anything that people are a fan of that others like to shit on. Nintendo, Apple, Nolan, etc. It just so happens that Snyder is shit on more than those other companies because his work is more divisive. Calling that cultish is super short sighted and lame.

BadAss2961

One critic who took shots at Snyder has already made her Twitter profile private after it was pointed out to her that Snyder came up with the story, it's still part of his DCEU blueprint and his production company put up most of the money to get the movie made.
How professional. Same mistake I see gaffers making.

When this universe is the biggest thing out there, don't forget Lord Snyder godfathered the whole thing.

tumblr_oq5jk89LQC1rs2uhvo2_540.jpg

Raptor

I think scarface is better suited for Ayer's sensibilities, with that said I second the suggestion of getting a female director and make the movie like a " superhero girl's night out" thing, get nightwing in there to be the token hunk and we're set.

Is time for camerons ex wife to step up the plate and deliver a solid CBM.

Thoughts?

ReiGun

Some Trump fans are, like, literal nazis.

As bad as Sydner/DCEU zealots can be, that's just not a great comparison to be making.

Wonder Woman 2, any ideas?

1970s! Uhh fashion!!

Me from another thread said:
Wonder Woman 2: Wonder Woman in the modern day. Now the current movie presents a problem as far as support characters go because Steve Trevor and Etta Candy will both be dead (or just old as fuck) by this point. So we're gonna cop out and use an ancestor. Following the war, Etta and Steve get married and have babies. Wonder Woman is sought by and becomes friends with Commander Leah Trevor, their direct descendant, who is in charge of a branch of ARGUS that handles "magical" threats. Also, for funsies, she's part Asian. Because that became okay eventually. As for our male supporting lead, we go with Lennox from the Azzarello run. He appears as a mysterious stranger who comes to warn Wonder Woman about a looming threat.

The threat this time is Circe, a disgraced god who wants revenge on the Amazons that helped seal her away on the island of Aeaea. Wonder Woman, in this movie, is doing her thing as an ambassador to man's world. She's joined by Phillipus, who acts as her security guard and advisor. While Diana is trying to bring people together, Circe's primary goal is to tear them apart and eventually, have the people of man's world destroy the Amazons. To do this, she uses Dr. Edgar Cizko, aka Doctor Psycho, to turn people against Wonder Woman and her people.

Basically, I want the movie to be about Diana as an ambassador dealing with how the modern world has changed and how it, unfortunately, has not. That means dealing with, even if it's just on a surface level, things like race, gender, sexuality, etc. It might get cries of being for "SJWs" but....it's Wonder Woman. She's the original SJW, if we're keeping it 100.

I picked Circe as the main villain because of Perez's run, where she has some lines about how she uses to sow seeds of mistrust between men and women for the sake of revenge. I always found that interesting as it presents her as something of an inverse to Diana. You can play with that in some really interesting ways, especially if you take it beyond just gender. Dr. Psycho, as a telepath, makes for a good sub-villain who can bolster the themes of Circe's character.

Ninjimbo

Is time for camerons ex wife to step up the plate and deliver a solid CBM.

Thoughts?
I think I'd rather Bigelow do her own stuff, but if she was really interested in making one of these, I'd give it a chance. Zero Dark Thirty is a favorite of mine.

strafer

Most of us (I hope) Praise Snyder in a jokingly way. But the out of left field swipes at him are just unprofessional and mostly lazy.

You know he would've been unfairly blamed if this thing bombed (like Suicide Squad)

Speak for yourself, I love Snyder not in a jokingly way.

BadAss2961

I like Zack. I dig his style. But yeah, my praise for him is like a meme. It's funny. Based Snyder and all that.

Many of his critics on the other hand seem to genuinely hate him for some reason. Unreasonably so. Guek (rest his soul) would get legit triggered when i'd big him up. It's weird when by all accounts, Zack's at least a good guy.
Some Trump fans are, like, literal nazis.

As bad as Sydner/DCEU zealots can be, that's just not a great comparison to be making.

That's what i'm saying lol. They're actually that and more.

People here have compared this community to Trump supporters before. This is what comes from Snyder hate for some reason.

Effect

Glad the theme is actually in the film itself. Looks great.

The middle one seems a bit spoilery but something people have theorized based on the actor though. Could still be wrong though and might be reading to much into it.

Pachimari

I didn't feel the dialogue in the second clip, "who are you?", "you will soon find out." And "as magnificent as you are, you are still no match for me." I'm not convinced about the placement of the theme song in that first clip either. But those were short clips, and I'm very excited about this movie.

Gleethor

I like Zack. I dig his style. But yeah, my praise for him is like a meme. It's funny. Based Snyder and all that.

Many of his critics on the other hand seem to genuinely hate him for some reason. Unreasonably so. Guek (rest his soul) would get legit triggered when i'd big him up. It's weird when by all accounts, Zack's at least a good guy.

That's what i'm saying lol. They're actually that and more.

People here have compared this community to Trump supporters before. This is what comes from Snyder hate for some reason.
What happened to Guek?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Sketchy rumor/speculation that this is Aquaman's suit. Allegedly posted by a guy visiting WB and deleted. But you got a wildly different trident and it's weird how there's an Aquaman statue in some hallway without anybody caring about photos. Who knows.

holy shit, this looks super great.

seems there's a big emphasis on getting the characters back to their roots after Snyder's 'vision' or whatever.

I expect Superman to be well, Superman from now on too.

Ahasverus

I'm such a DC sucker. Those clips gave me more enjoyment than any movie this year.

Yes I'm high but that's just a coincidence

Ashhong

I didn't feel the dialogue in the second clip, "who are you?", "you will soon find out." And "as magnificent as you are, you are still no match for me." I'm not convinced about the placement of the theme song in that first clip either. But those were short clips, and I'm very excited about this movie.

Slightly agree. The dialogue was whatever but the theme music was a bit too much.

Nope. No thanks. No spoilers for me... I... Must. Resist.

Pretty much just what you've seen in the trailers. I don't think it spoiled anything imo

Curse you all but me especially for being so weak.

Awesome. Loved every second of all three. No new beats that we haven't seen from the trailers so nothing spoilery. It's lit, it's going to be awesome. Though I can already tell the haters are going to moan about Gal's accent, I love it. Get hyped y'all it's happening.

Boke1879

Ok yea. I'm liking what I see. The theme was a bit on the nose, but that shit is going to get people hyped.

The action also looks like it's going to be pretty good. And quite a bit of it as well.

IconGrist

There's a clip I watched of Diana and Steve arguing that was really good.
At one point Gal does this reaction of disgust when she finds out Steve was lying about something and it was amazing, lol.

Let me break down my Wonder Woman 2 fan fiction

• Set 5 decades after the first, with nice period clothing (more fashion please not because she's a girl though -- I just want amazing dresses like Bonds amazing suits)

• Diana is banished from Themyscira for leaving, and is unwilling to reveal herself to the world of Man but still protects them from hidden threats

• Her latest case is the theft of mystical artifacts around the globe by a shadowy female figure to quick for the human eye

• On Themyscira, the Amazons receive the same news and are forced to suspect Diana -- sending a cadre of warriors led by Artemis to bring her down (a big juicy role for any actress) and Robin Wright can come too

• Diana's pursuit of the thief runs her afoul of ARGUS who have been following her for years and were the first to get their hands on the famous photograph before it passes on to Luthor (the major male roles would be at ARGUS but I cant think of any characters...Luthor Sr.?)

• the thief of course is Cheetah meant to frame Wonder Woman and guide her to her master Circe's lair where some magic shit can happen with her Godly blood

• so we have this classic spy organization ARGUS backing her, badass Amazons hunting her, and Circe beast creations battling her in an epic adventure of intrigue and it all concludes on Circe's Bond villain island

Thats what I meant by female Bond film: more Amazons, more awesome woman vs woman action, more worldtraveling, more badass.

Pachimari

I really love that hallway scene, and her bracelets and the truth of the lasso. She's actually really pretty cool. Diana is cute in the first scene and how she isn't used to our world and insist on holding on to the sword. I liked Gal's voice acting in the last scene with Chris.

Let me break down my Wonder Woman 2 fan fiction

• Set 5 decades after the first, with nice period clothing (more fashion please not because she's a girl though -- I just want amazing dresses like Bonds amazing suits)

• Diana is banished from Themyscira for leaving, and is unwilling to reveal herself to the world of Man but still protects them from hidden threats

• Her latest case is the theft of mystical artifacts around the globe by a shadowy female figure to quick for the human eye

• On Themyscira, the Amazons receive the same news and are forced to suspect Diana -- sending a cadre of warriors led by Artemis to bring her down (a big juicy role for any actress) and Robin Wright can come too

• Diana's pursuit of the thief runs her afoul of ARGUS who have been following her for years and were the first to get their hands on the famous photograph before it passes on to Luthor (the major male roles would be at ARGUS but I cant think of any characters...Luthor Sr.?)

• the thief of course is Cheetah meant to frame Wonder Woman and guide her to her master Circe's lair where some magic shit can happen with her Godly blood

• so we have this classic spy organization ARGUS backing her, badass Amazons hunting her, and Circe beast creations battling her in an epic adventure of intrigue and it all concludes on Circe's Bond villain island

Thats what I meant by female Bond film: more Amazons, more awesome woman vs woman action, more worldtraveling, more badass.

Nah, let's do Winter Soldier all over again /jk

Top Bottom