• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Feb CoroCoro=Zelda FS and Sheik confirmed, Snake and Sonic hidden characters

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
BrawlCentral said:
Zelda's Final Smash Leaked!
Zelda's Down Special - "Twilight Change" - SHIEK CONFIRMED!
CoroCoro Translations!

Zelda's Final Smash has been leaked. Her Final Smash is the Light Arrow. The reason we know this is not her B move is because the background around her is dark and she has the "Final Smash aura" around her entire body and bow. This means the move is not a special move. As said in a previous update, we wouldn't be reporting on any of the leak stories unless we had confirmation, but this seems like its real.

2008_01_10(2).jpg

Zelda's four specials are listed on the front of the card as "Din's Fire, Nayru's Love, Farore's Wind, and Twilight Change." The thing is, Zelda doesn't have a twilight change in Twilight Princess. The translation for the final Special move reads: "Twilight Change (Original Twilight version of Shiek transformation)" A rough translation says "Twilight version Seek Transformation". Seek is the Japanese version of Shiek, so there ya go. We have multiple translators confirming this.

Credits go to galaxiafox and vipchaseb for sending this image in to us.

More CoroCoro Images Revealed!

2008_01_10(4).jpg

2008_01_10(5).jpg

Snake and Sonic Officially Confirmed as Hidden Characters
We knew they would be, but some people still had doubts. In the February issue of CoroCoro, a translation says "Sonic and Snake: Hidden Characters". So for anyone having doubts, there is is officially.

2008_01_10(3).jpg

Posted a bit in the Dojo update topic, but since its a good chunk of news and not from the Dojo seems like it deserves its own topic. Crappy captures, but you get the idea.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Good. Sheik was in my small stable of SSBM characters I could kick ass with. And by kick ass I mean juggle opponents in the air until they through their GCN controller at my head.

jman2050

TheKingsCrown said:
I was hoping she would transform into the twilight princess. :(

Did you play the game or is this a thinly veiled
Midna plea :p

EDIT - Just realized that this is technically a spoiler.

Innotech

Banned
excellent. So one of my mainstays is still in there.
Alls well if lil miss puffball is in there. But even if she isnt at this point its not a huge loss. Not with all these exciting new characters with completely new moves.

Zeed

Banned
Light Arrows were always a no-brainer for Zelda's FS.

And we've known about Shiek for a while now, but it's good to have "official" confirmation. I just want to know what the new Shiek model looks like.

Jiggy

Innotech said:
excellent. So one of my mainstays is still in there.
Alls well if lil miss puffball is in there. But even if she isnt at this point its not a huge loss. Not with all these exciting new characters with completely new moves.
If Jigglypuff doesn't return I will not be buying a copy of Brawl
in addition to the other copy of Brawl that I'll be buying no matter what
. :mad:

Innotech

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
If Jigglypuff doesn't return I will not be buying a copy of Brawl
in addition to the other copy of Brawl that I'll be buying no matter what
. :mad:
I just have too much fun using her rest and rolling attacks. shes the first character I was able to beat the final challenge with gigabowser, mewtwo and some other character. a cute little puffy ball of pure pink death. You gotta love her. :lol

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Sciz said:
Sakurai, please stop increasing the time it will take for me to have my Sonic vs. Mario showdown. :(

3rd parties were always gonna be unlockable. This is nothing new

Stuneseht

layzie1989 said:
"Twilight Change" doesnt sound like something that would transform her into shiek, but whatever. I'll wait and see

I keep thinking the same thing. Something tells me that she will change into her possessed form, and use her sword or something.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Stuneseht said:
I keep thinking the same thing. Something tells me that she will change into her possessed form, and use her sword or something.

That would be hot but the translation basically says its Sheik

Jiggy

Innotech said:
I just have too much fun using her rest and rolling attacks. shes the first character I was able to beat the final challenge with gigabowser, mewtwo and some other character. a cute little puffy ball of pure pink death. You gotta love her. :lol
*looks at username*
Yes. Yes, I do. <3

Stuneseht

Jenga said:
Sorry, I'm a scientologist.
Every time I see that, it makes me think that being Scientologist is some sort of occupation.
like, i'm a biologist, ophthalmologist, or gynecologist......... >.>

Mar

sp0rsk said:
Yeahhh sort of. Zero Suit Samus only shows up after you do Samus' final smash.

How does that work? The character unlocks after that or Zero Suit isn't actually playable and just a result of the final smash?

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Mar_ said:
How does that work? The character unlocks after that or Zero Suit isn't actually playable and just a result of the final smash?

The latter. It seems unlikely theres a Down-B type move you can do to transform or option you can select before the match to access her because she has no Final Smash, when youre ZSS and you get the FS ball you just revert back into normal Samus.

Hero

I'm speculating the ZSS will be like Sheik in Melee. If you selected Zelda but held in the A button while the level was loading you would automatically start out as Sheik. I'm hoping it's this because if you don't have items turned on or Smash Balls turned off, there would be no way to play as ZSS.

Also, glad to get more confirmation that Sheik is in. Best 1v1 character.

scottnak

Mar_ said:
You play as Samus. When you get the smash ball and perform your final smash... your suit falls off, and you will continue to play as Zero Suit Samus (who does fight slightly differently). If you get the smash ball again in ZSS form, you'll revert to Samus (with the suit)

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
Enduin said:
The latter. It seems unlikely theres a Down-B type move you can do to transform or option you can select before the match to access her because she has no Final Smash, when youre ZSS and you get the FS ball you just revert back into normal Samus.
ZSS' final smash is Crystal Flash. We don't really know what else it does because hardly anybody was able to use it at E4All. Also, we still don't know for a fact that you can't start the match as ZSS by holding a button like you could with Sheik in Melee.

And can anyone personally confirm what the text in the Zelda pic says?

Mar

Damn, that means my two reasons for buying this game are dashed. Unless Sonic is really easy to unlock. What's usually required to unlock a character in the Smash games?

zaccheus

Banned
Mar_ said:
Damn, that means my two reasons for buying this game are dashed. Unless Sonic is really easy to unlock. What's usually required to unlock a character in the Smash games?

i dont understand people here.

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
Mar_ said:
Did you seriously want to buy this game just to play basic matches with Sonic and Snake against the starting characters and that's it?

In Melee the character unlocks consisted primarily of beating certain singleplayer modes, you could get them all in a day or two if you knew what you were doing. As for Brawl, it says on the site that the majority of the unlockables will be from playing through Subspace Emissary.

Mar

Zek said:
Did you seriously want to buy this game just to play basic matches with Sonic and ZSS

Fixed. And yeah. I've never liked the series but the idea of playing as some of the characters I like were pretty intriguing. I've always been more into the character design of games than the core gameplay, so buying a game because it has cool characters is a no brainer for me. Not being able to play as those characters off the bat is indeed, a very large barrier for me.

Thanks everyone for answering my questions.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Mar_ said:
Fixed. And yeah. I've never liked the series but the idea of playing as some of the characters I like were pretty intriguing. I've always been more into the character design of games than the core gameplay, so buying a game because it has cool characters is a no brainer for me. Not being able to play as those characters off the bat is indeed, a very large barrier for me.

Thanks everyone for answering my questions.

You could just copy someone else's save from a SD card if it really troubling you that much

Jiggy

Regarding Zero Suit Samus, ShockingAlberto made a great point in the Dojo thread a couple days ago... This game is made by Sakurai, who apparently "leaked" the intro video to Melee a few days before it was released--but went so far as to have Sheik edited straight out of that video so that we wouldn't know she was in.

So whether ZSS can be played as without the final smash, we don't know--and my main point here is that we'll probably continue to not know until the game's out.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Zek said:
ZSS' final smash is Crystal Flash. We don't really know what else it does because hardly anybody was able to use it at E4All. Also, we still don't know for a fact that you can't start the match as ZSS by holding a button like you could with Sheik in Melee.

I did not know that, thanks. Everything I heard from E4All said she just went back to Samus in the Varia Suit, good to be wrong cause Samus is one of my mains.

FightyF

Banned
Am I the only Sonic fan who checked out this thread because Sonic was mentioned but has absolutely no idea what this thread is about?

Innotech

Banned
so now Gaf has moved on from "Im not buying it because it doesnt have x,y,z" to "Im not buying it because it takes EFFORT to unlock x,y,z"

Top Bottom