• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Six months in jail for brandishing a Wii controller

ymmv

Banned
From the Dutch newspaper De Volkskrant

Prison sentence for threatening agents with Wii controller

A 29 year old man from Veldhoven was sent to prison because he had threatened police agents with a modded Wii controller in May. The court convicted the offender Tuesday to a prison sentence of 367 days, 180 suspended. The man also had to pay the police agent a compensation of 3,000 euros.

The Dutchman had modded the Wii controller into 92 centimeters long sniper rifle with a pistol grip. He had aimed the object looking like a firearm intentionally on the police agents who felt threatened and fired a warning shot.

In determining the sentence, the court noted that the officers felt threatened and had feared for their lives. The court found the culprit not fully of sound mind and therefore lowered the penalty. The man indicated his willingness to seek treatment for his mental problems.

HoosTrax

This thing? I have one collecting dust somewhere I think, along with a couple of the Wiimote M1911 shells.

21LDXhTIRzL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Edit: Just to clarify, I'm speculating that this is what he was carrying.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
It's only been 3 days of the WiiU release people, Nintendoites already taking up arms =/

^

White with Orange Cap?

Did he spray it black?

ymmv

Banned
WTF! I post an article on Neogaf and only three minutes later it pops up in the Google search for "Wii controller Veldhoven". Big brother is watching NeoGAF!

Dishwalla

Banned
I remember as a kid in San Jose a news story about a teenager who was shot at by police because they thought the NES Zapper he was brandishing was a real gun. I don't remember if it was the original grey one or if it was one of the orange ones.

HoosTrax

I'm sorry but what the hell can people play with that thing?
Light gun games obviously. Which was probably the only use I got out of my Wii now that I think about it. The ones with iron sights can be decently accurate if you take the time to calibrate them.

This thing? I have one collecting dust somewhere I think, along with a couple of the Wiimote M1911 shells.

Wuss, real men only load .30-06 rounds into their Wiimotes.

Anyhow, reminds me of the story of a Brazilian swat team being called in when a guy held a woman hostage with a Sega Light Phazer.

Nome

Article says it was modded, so I'm assuming that at the very least, it didn't have the orange tip.

Top Bottom