• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

Damn that's beastly!
What's your VR total?
I raced two Japanese players yesterday who were both over 10,000. The races were super tight, lots of fun.

4916 VR, but I spend a lot of time on GAF and competitive tournaments. The game puts me up against 6000-9000 VR and I still get first pretty consistently.

Edit: Yeah in my original post I forgot to mention I do other tournaments and clan wars.

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
4916 VR, but I spend a lot of time on GAF and competitive tournaments. The game puts me up against 6000-9000 VR and I still get first pretty consistently.

Edit: Yeah in my original post I forgot to mention I do other tournaments and clan wars.

What's your preferred kart set up?

Anyone up for 200cc races?

Justice did one earlier:

ZutWU78.gif

I dunno why but that recovery looks incredibly fast compared to any of my characters. Why is that?

Is there a new exploit a la firehopping or something?

In most of the games I've played tonight there's been a person who manages to get so far ahead that me and my boyfriend in 2nd and 3rd are getting blue shells and invincibility stars.

When I first saw it I figured there was just someone insanely good, but were now in a new lobby and there's someone doing it again. They get sooo far ahead.

Roo

Is there a new exploit a la firehopping or something?

In most of the games I've played tonight there's been a person who manages to get so far ahead that me and my boyfriend in 2nd and 3rd are getting blue shells and invincibility stars.

When I first saw it I figured there was just someone insanely good, but were now in a new lobby and there's someone doing it again. They get sooo far ahead.
Not that we're aware of.
They're probably that good.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I just discovered you can bounce off trolleys on Toad Harbor.

Ive been playing MK8 since it launched. Holy shit

I just want to say the 200cc Nintendo Employee ghosts in time trial mode really add to the replay value. Some of theses 200cc ghosts took a while for me to beat like the one in Toads Turnpike and Mario Circuit

Atouba

Weird, I have finished all 200cc cups, all mirror cups (with at least 1 star) and now finished the first 2 cups of 150cc - and unlocked the gold kart. This can't be right.

Forkball

My VR is now about 2600 and I'm getting creamed. The rooms have a larger diversity of rankings, including guys who have 7000+. I got fourth on Moo Moo Farms just now and I'm elated.

atom519

I'm sure this has already been asked - but pressing the left trigger speeds up the item box right? This works 80% of the time but then others it does nothing and you are forced to wait the entire duration before finding out which item you have.

Maybe you can't when in the top 3 or something, or is mine just broken?

I'm sure this has already been asked - but pressing the left trigger speeds up the item box right? This works 80% of the time but then others it does nothing and you are forced to wait the entire duration before finding out which item you have.

Maybe you can't when in the top 3 or something, or is mine just broken?

It's called lag. And usually when that happens, you either get only coins or mushrooms.

kiri

Hey guys and gals....I'm taking part in a MK competition tomorrow. Details are scarce but seems to be a time trial, with the quickest time of the day winning a 3DS/Switch.

So my question is, assuming its a 'default' track like Mario Stadium and assuming I only have access to the starting parts and all characters - whats my best loadout?

I'm currently hitting 1:48:00 so far with Rosalina/Bowser, any ideas on shaving some more seconds off?

Hey guys and gals....I'm taking part in a MK competition tomorrow. Details are scarce but seems to be a time trial, with the quickest time of the day winning a 3DS/Switch.

So my question is, assuming its a 'default' track like Mario Stadium and assuming I only have access to the starting parts and all characters - whats my best loadout?

I'm currently hitting 1:48:00 so far with Rosalina/Bowser, any ideas on shaving some more seconds off?
Dry Bowser Splat Buggy Slim wheels for that course

For majority go Streetle rollers.

I'm playing 200cc for the first time. Man alive, it's like a completely different game! It's gonna take forever for me to get all these stars! Can't wait!

luchadork

inkling girl, mr scooty, azure wheels, cloud glider

Kudo

Trying to unlock the Gold Kart, I read you need to get Star Rank from each cup in Mirror Grand Prix, I managed to get 3 Stars in few cups but got none for some even though I won the cups, how do you get the stars?

Firebrand

Trying to unlock the Gold Kart, I read you need to get Star Rank from each cup in Mirror Grand Prix, I managed to get 3 Stars in few cups but got none for some even though I won the cups, how do you get the stars?

I think it's based on points. For three stars, win every race.

TheMoon

60 ***
57 **
54 *
<54 nothing

Zedark

Is there a way to view the whole rankings list for time trials? When I click "see more ghosts" it only shows the top 10 and 9 scores surroundings my best score.

Kudo

Might aswell ask for good loadouts too, I mainly play Rosalina, Baby Rosalina and Inkling Girl, what's considered best for them?
Been using the Scooter for a while.

Might aswell ask for good loadouts too, I mainly play Rosalina, Baby Rosalina and Inkling Girl, what's considered best for them?

For Rosalina, see my King Boo set up above since they're the same. Baby Rosalina I believe is best with the biddybuggy, rollers, and an accel glider.

I'm not too sure about the Inkling Girl.

For Inkling I roll with the Sport Bike, Blue Standard, and Hylian Kite. It feels like a good combination to me. Stats are pretty even with some extra speed when using the glider.

Kudo

For Rosalina, see my King Boo set up above since they're the same. Baby Rosalina I believe is best with the biddybuggy, rollers, and an accel glider.

I'm not too sure about the Inkling Girl.

For Inkling I roll with the Sport Bike, Blue Standard, and Hylian Kite. It feels like a good combination to me. Stats are pretty even with some extra speed when using the glider.

Alright, I'll give these a try, thanks!

KeRaSh

Quick question: Can you race through the "campaign" cups with two players and unlock stuff? If this is possible I would buy it to play it with a friend during a long flight.

ksamedi

I really feel Mario Kart 8 lacks something to keep me playing.
I think it lacks a good single player mode. Completing all cups is quite challenging on 150cc and above but there is no meaningfull reward at all. I still play it often for time challenges. I love the ghost races. Multiplayer is where its at anyway.

Top Bottom