• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Youtube terminated jamesnintendonerd (AVGN) account?

http://www.youtube.com/user/jamesnintendonerd

6ZQx0.png

Huh?

Eusis

I'm guessing enough were dicks with using the DMCA.

... Come to think of it, did he have any Sega videos?

What the fuck is this fucking piece of dogshit?!

Seriously, that's strange. He just uploaded a video a day or two ago.

Must be the overuse of all that illicit copyrighted material! a haha

I kid, I kid. It might have something to do with Cheetahmen...he was probably false-flagged.

Eusis

I half wonder if Sega or someone else opened the floodgates in getting people taken down for recording game footage. If that's the case, well, fuck this anal copyright protecting bullshit.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Guess he's got something to be really angry about now.

Here's hoping he gets his account unlocked, that's a shit ton of work to get pissed down the drain.

Victrix

*beard*
Fine by me. I never liked him.

Get the fuck out of here with that shit.

Ignoring that the sentiment is an asshole one, this sort of censoring has significant implications across a huge swathe of game related videos online.

Unless you think its cool that the only video game related media online is the shit controlled by companies PR departments?

VariantX

This sucks, it was far more convenient to watch his stuff on YouTube as every one of my devices has an app and gametrailer's video player is worth less than dried out dog crap on a hot sidewalk. He was one of the reasons I even bothered to create a YouTube account just so I could subscribe to his channel.

Fjordson

Wow, that fuckin' sucks. I still have some AVGN episodes I need to watch (didn't discover him until a few months ago).

His non-AVGN videos are usually good also. Guess I'll have to use GameTrailers' assy video player now =[

This copyright infringement shit is getting out of hand, next thing you know they'll take down channels for posting video game trailers and interviews.

Mike Matei
JANUARY 8, 2013 AT 4:21 AM

Okay, I just saw that this happened. I am contacting the appropriate people and will have the account restored asap. Not sure what happened yet.

So Mike knows and is working on it.

This is rather disheartening to hear. I hope it's something silly that gets sorted out quick. James is practically a staple of youtube for me. One of my most beloved personalities on the net without a doubt. This sucks!

Top Bottom