• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... I will be trying this out. Well Guild Wars 2. I loved the first. I don't have the money for the expansion but is it really limited? The f2p part of it. What I guess I'm asking is should I even bother our just wait till I get some cash to purchase whatever I need to get the full experience? Thanks for the help.

I really loved GW2 and WvW when it first came out but overtime WvW got messy and certain classes got left behind (like the guardians).

Question for everyone playing the game now: How is HoT? Fixes everything that didn't make GW2 perfect or am I just wishfully thinking?

Jira

I really loved GW2 and WvW when it first came out but overtime WvW got messy and certain classes got left behind (like the guardians).

Question for everyone playing the game now: How is HoT? Fixes everything that didn't make GW2 perfect or am I just wishfully thinking?

HoT isn't out yet. Less than 3 hours to go. Besides, no one would be able to answer that question even the day of.

Stiler

So, I played Guild Wars 2 after release for a couple months before I eventually got bored of it.

Is there a discount or anything for the expansion for people that bought the base game?

Retro

While I'm expecting pretty much all the Halloween stuff to be recycled from previous years I'm really hoping Mad King Thorn has some timely HoT jokes.

Lots of new skins and the Mad King's realm dungeon is back for the first time since the first year. Not to mention LA's completely different so we don't know what they're gonna sneak in there.

Would love some new Mad King jokes, though.

So... I will be trying this out. Well Guild Wars 2. I loved the first. I don't have the money for the expansion but is it really limited? The f2p part of it. What I guess I'm asking is should I even bother our just wait till I get some cash to purchase whatever I need to get the full experience? Thanks for the help.

Here's the list of what's restricted for free players, but the short version is; fewer character / bag slots and restrictions on chat (mostly to keep spammers in check). A few game modes are also level-gated because free characters could cause havoc (for example, draining supply or manipulating siege in WvW by having an alt account to play for a different server).

There's no reason you can't start now as a free player and upgrade later, since you'd have access to the full game (excluding expansion content, of course). You'd be able to get up to 80 and gear out your characters, and since there's no level cap increase / new gear tier, you won't have to worry that you've fallen behind everyone else.

So, I played Guild Wars 2 after release for a couple months before I eventually got bored of it.

Is there a discount or anything for the expansion for people that bought the base game?

If you owned the game before January of this year, they throw you a free character slot, but no, there's no discount. I can't recall any MMO expansion ever being discounted for existing players.

Wallach

Quaggan plush was an insta-order.

I'd get one of the profession t-shirts but there doesn't seem to be a size selector on the page for them...

Retro

EP4uh90.png
http://store.iam8bit.com/collections/guildwars2/products/quaggan-plush

They'll basically print money with those, people have been begging for those since before launch.

Emitan

me for the past 3 years: wow guild wars 2 is great, its one of my favorite games ever!
me tonight: oh my god this game sucks its awful; please give me heart of thorns

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wellllll I'm up *___* What awaits in the Jungle?!

Great job on the OT, Retro.

Please note: to all on the notion of controller support, I will be completely revamping the solution over this weekend based on the new built-in combat action camera support coming with HoT. Please pardon our dust while everything gets realigned- promise it'll be even better than ever by the time it's relaunched.

nataku

Connection errors on the patch, lol.

I might not even bother and just try some time tomorrow.

EDIT: Seems to have started up. Hope it keeps going. Also, Sylvari got replaced by Rytlock on the launcher.

11,000+ files, jumping between 2KB/s and 1MB/s . I start downloading now if you're home.

Shadowplayx

do i need to be on the same server to be invited? also you can be in more then one guild right? I have my own guild which is only me and i have that for fun, but if its possible i would liek an invite.

Mxrz

Can't patch and stream at the same time it seems.

So many changes. Sympathies to those that opened 400,000 tot bags last year.

spiritfox

Evon Gnashblade has commissioned new jump pads in Lion’s Arch to make the travel time between the bank/Mystic Forge and the trading post shorter.

GOAT

An entire stack of luck can now be consumed buy right-clicking the stack and selecting Consume All.

Now do it for all consumables.

To sync armor crafting with weapon crafting, and to help maintain the value of leather, masterwork, rare, and exotic inscriptions will now be crafted with patches made from leather and cloth.
To account for the added leather cost, the amount of cloth required to make an insignia is reduced.

OMG

docbon

And people say gaf guilds are a failure

I mean they usually are, but...

edit: This double digit download speed though. Jesus.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Map Bonus Rewards
A new reward system has been added to most maps, which will award various crafting materials as a bonus for playing in that map. These bonuses are given for participating in events and other content such as open-world minidungeons or jumping puzzles.
When you earn a map bonus reward, it will be delivered directly to your inventory upon event completion.
The map-specific rewards in Dry Top and the Silverwastes that were awarded after completing events have been updated to use the new map bonus reward system. You will no longer receive a reward chest that must be clicked to open for completing events in this map; the rewards will be delivered directly to your inventory upon event completion.
The rewards available each week for a map are displayed in the map’s tooltip on the world map, and the current bonus items you can receive are displayed on the world map screen along with the map completion.
Ahhh that's damn cool.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
A new ground-targeting option, Snap Ground Target to Current Target, has been added under the Combat/Movement category. This will place the ground target marker at your current target’s position.
it's really realllllll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom