• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumour] German retailer leaks Diablo 3 exclusive for PS3

Jtrizzy

Good news for Sony if true. I hope it's cross platform, I'd love to play with by ps3 bros over battlenet. Also bring SC2 while your at it.

DieH@rd

Banned
This was kinda expected, Sony is more open to 3rd party gaming online infrastructures [Steam, CCP's F2P shooter].

Plus, PS3 supports keyb/mouse [although i doubt D3 will use them].

If this is true I bet it's entirely because of the auction house/always online drm. Way too late in the cycle to pay for third party exclusives.

graywolf323

Gold Member
that'd be huge if true and probably because Sony is willing to have Battle.net on PS3 and Microsoft is not on 360

Jb

Strange because what I heard is that Diablo III would be announced today as a X360 exclusive...

It would make more sense, considering how close Activision-Blizzard has been to Microsoft this gen. At the same time I don't know how they would have Battle.net working on there.

If this is true and I can link my CE Battle.net account to it for cross-platform play then holy crap, I might finally be able to play this game and not at 8 FPS. :)

Jay Sosa

Huh?

So one of the most successful games this years is gonna be released on a console. Shocking!

At most it's a timed exclusive*. I doubt even that.

*regarding consoles

Cyntec

That's big.
I can't find the mention of exclusivity on that page, though (but I quickly browsed through the text, and my German is rusty)

The distributor only mentions PS3 (in other words: exklusive), no word on a 360-version yet. And since PS3 actually supports mouse and keyboard this would make much sense.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Yep, this game was made for a couch. Sitting at a computer and clicking away sucks, chilling on a couch while GF reads would be muuuuuuch better.

Aaron

The distributor only mentions a PS3 so far, no word on a 360-version yet. And since PS3 actually supports mouse and keyboard this would make much sense.
No it doesn't. Blizzard isn't going to release a game which would require non-standard peripherals. If it comes to console, it'll work with a controller, and probably only a controller.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Diablo 3 with it's AH system and mouse and keyboard integration makes sense for PS3.
Microsoft has always been real stingy about allowing anything of the sort on XBL.

Still, I can't imagine Microsoft denying Blizzard like that.

The distributor only mentions a PS3 so far, no word on a 360-version yet. And since PS3 actually supports mouse and keyboard this would make much sense.

If Blizzard ports Diablo 3 to consoles, they aren't going to make you plug a mouse and keyboard into your PS3.

Toki767

Heard about this a couple days ago but I just expected it to be fake. Imagine this on the PS3 and Vita though. That would be amazing. Not getting my hopes up though.

Top Bottom