• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2013.5.31 MH4 & AA5 - 8 pm Japan Time, 12 pm BST, 7 am EDT, 4 am PDT

NCL has announced a presentation today, May 31st at 8 pm Japan Time, covering Capcom's Monster Hunter 4 and Ace Attorney 5 for 3DS. This presentation is for Japan only. It will run for about 17 minutes.

When does it start in my time zone? Click this link for worldwide times.

Where can I watch the Japanese presentation? Right here: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_direct/index.html

I will be providing live translations here in the OP and on my Twitter feed, @Cheesemeister3k.

20:00 The presentation has begun. Iwata bows. Two Capcom summer 3DS titles. 7/25 AA5.
20:01 MH4 Producer Tsujimoto to announce the release date, other info.
20:02 Players collect evidence, examine witnesses, make objections, etc.
20:03 Ace Attorney 5 trailer now. The courtroom has been destroyed.
20:06 Character introductions. Bomb. Ghost. Lots of cases. Naruhodo faces great danger. AA5 takes place 1 year after the events of AA4. Assistant Kizuki uses heart-scope.
20:07 eShop demo version available in June. Release 7/25 for 5990 yen.
20:08 MH4 announcement for 3DS caused a big commotion. Producer Tsujimoto now. MH4 9/14, 5990 yen. Limited edition Goa Magara Black and Isle White 3DS LL systems also on 9/14 come with the packaged version of the game.
20:10 Popular monsters from the MH series make appearances. New monsters, too.
20:11 Weapon action has been advanced. 2 new weapons: souchuukan and charge axe. Capcom demo event at Aqua City on Odaiba this weekend, 6/1 and 6/2.
20:13 Soccer player Honda Keisuke to appear in MH4 commercials.
20:14 3D MH4 trailer to be available on the eShop, now presented in 2D.
20:17 The presentation is now over. Thanks for following!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
objection2ijp1y.gif

OBJECTION! My body is not ready yet!

Mpl90

New footage and release dates, most likely. Maybe we'll get an additional surprise too, but I wouldn't bet on it. Nintendo's saying that it'll focus on AA5 and MH4 for a reason. :p

Just like the last Japanese Direct, that was previewed as focused on first party Summer line-up.
And how did it start? As a SEGA Direct. :lol

Tenbatsu

MH4 3DS LL Design Vs Anti Preloaded MH4

Whichever side wins determine my purchase. Currently leaning towards the latter.

Desiato

My plans for going out tonight fell through, so I might as well just watch this. Interested in the new Ace Attorney game, not as much in Monster Hunter. Would be cool if we maybe got some other game announcements too.

Hasney

Watching because AA5 can't be spoiled due to my lack of language knowledge but I'll get to see some delightful animations.

Also Monster Hunter 4. Hate to say this, but I'm almost expecting a Capcom surprise now going by the most recent directs.

Vexxan

Won't be able to watch it live but I'll come back to this thread to see what was shown. Hopefully they'll surprise us with something.

L Thammy

Hey there kids, this is Ken the Eagle. I hope you're enjoying Monster Hunter 3 G. I'm here to announce the new collaboration between Tatsunoko Productions and Monster Hunter 4:

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom 2. Goa Magara's level 3 super: Feral Wyvern Virus.
Revive your partner with greater power!

ND fanfiction is a thing, right? I'm not weird?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I don't know why I will be watching this since I never had the patience to finish a Mr. Naruhodo game and never played a Monster Hunter (if only it was like the MonHun anime specials).

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I was thinking of going to bed and then you have to remind me! Ah well, I'll stay up and do... Something... Until then.

Mupod

Really, really want more information on MH4's online setup. MH3U's online is functional but I'm hoping for something more fully-fledged like Tri. They could go either way, since this is the first portable MH that's also a main series numbered release with online.

If we do eventually get another counterpart Wii U HD version I'm not expecting to hear about it before the japanese release of the 3DS game, but I certainly wouldn't complain if they dropped that one on us.

vareon

Since this is a Capcom Direct, I hope we get a surprise Mega Man announcement!
It won't happen though!

In the end of the video, Iwata will fall from the roof, surprising everyone. He wipes off the dust from his shoulders, then his hand transformed into a buster gun and he proceeds to shoot everyone. He said "I'm reviving Rockman Legends 3" before the video goes back to the default Nintendo Direct screen.

Jackano

Will watch but I'm not into those two fanchises. Just to know, what are you expecting you guys?
At least, when are you expecting those games? MH4 on the 8/8/2013?

Mpl90

In the end of the video, Iwata will fall from the roof, surprising everyone. He wipes off the dust from his shoulders, then his hand transformed into a buster gun and he proceeds to shoot everyone. He said "I'm reviving Rockman Legends 3" before the video goes back to the default Nintendo Direct screen.

I have something better

Iwata: And that's it for today's Direct. But, before leaving...I have to leave.
Then, he breaks the white background, revealing a rocket where he jumps in. And so, he flies to the moon, where he walks and suddenly stops, and start talking to something (the camera doesn't let us see what)
Iwata: Oh, here you are. I can officially announce that you're coming back to Earth. No, this time is real, no cancellations due to low fan demand. But if you still want to be on the Moon all alone...
Megaman (now we see him): I'm in!
Iwata: Megaman Legends 3. Coming in 2014. For real this time

Qurupeke

Will watch but I'm not into those two fanchises. Just to know, what are you expecting you guys?
At least, when are you expecting those games? MH4 on the 8/8/2013?
On the West? MH4 will probably come early 2015. There's hope for earlier though, as MH3U must have been pretty succesful.

Doczu

My body is ready for you, Japanese GAF. I hope you'll get a demo in the coming weeks ;)

Oh and i hope the game doesn't come out too lose to Pokemon. It would be to muh for Japan to handle.

sakipon

Any chance for surprise announcements or new partnerships like Sega?

I believe game-specific Nintendo Directs are known to stay on topic. It's the regular ones where bombs and surprises are dropped. Though is this the first time when two games are featured? Can't remember.

Doczu

I believe game-specific Nintendo Directs are known to stay on topic. It's the regular ones where bombs and surprises are dropped. Though is this the first time when two games are featured? Can't remember.

Ace Attorney armor set confirmed!

mclem

Ace Attorney armor set confirmed!

Rathian on trial confirmed!

"OBJECTION! You said here "raaarrgh, aarrgh rraaaagh", then blew a fireball at the Judge. But I think you'll find that if you look at the earlier testimony, you claimed you were removed from the Rathian Army on the grounds that you couldn't blow fire. You'd better tell me the truth, or you'll be in hot water."

(Taps paper, looks smug. Rathian incinerates him.)

Top Bottom