• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK GAF: Tearaway - £5 @ Tesco

SmokyDave

What's the story there then?

I have never seen a Vita title fall so far, so fast. Virtua Tennis 4 is the only other title I remember seeing at retail for £5 and that took a good while longer. Even if Tearaway bombed horrifically, I can't imagine slashing the price like this. Any other deals?

Tesco dropping the Vita?
That's what I'm wondering.

JoshHood

Many many Tescos have already dropped the Vita, so this could well be the rest clearing out too. Damn, wish I lived near one that still stocked them :(

My Tesco doesn't stock anything Vita related sadly, but they must be having a handheld clearout or something, because I was in it last night and they were selling a load of DS/3DS games at £5 like Paper Mario Sticker Star, a whole load of Professor Layton games (Including the first 3DS one, mostly DS ones), Epic Mickey 3DS, "Style Savvy" or whatever, Rabbids 3D, Rayman Origins... Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D was £10 as well. Very surprised... bought 6 games that'll make for nice chrimbo pressies even if I don't play them myself.

King_Moc

Banned
Well, this is depressing. The general public in the UK really are just a bunch of lowest common denominator idiots nowadays.

Me being in the UK right now and the Vita not being region lock and this sale going on at the same time is like some kind of crazy ass luck.

NeoGash

Why so bomba? This game got an 87 on metacritic, which is an amazingly high score, but people aren't buying it? I don't own a Vita so I didn't buy it obviously, but why isn't everyone who has one buying one? This is tragic, especially for a top notch developer.

Well, this is depressing. The general public in the UK really are just a bunch of lowest common denominator idiots nowadays.

Whereas the general public in other countries are sophisticated gamers and only buy the best of the best right? I mean that's why games like Puppeteer and Tearaway and firing up the charts in the US and other countries...

Stop with the ridiculous generalisations.

SmokyDave

Tearaway didn't even make the top 50 in Japan, and sold 14k at retail in the US.

I'd be willing to wager that we in the UK bought more copies per capita.

Vashetti

Banned
Why so bomba? This game got an 87 on metacritic, which is an amazingly high score, but people aren't buying it? I don't own a Vita so I didn't buy it obviously, but why isn't everyone who has one buying one? This is tragic, especially for a top notch developer.

1. It's Vita. Sales are dire in the UK and it has a tiny presence in retail stores which is vanishing fast.

2. Next to no advertisement.

3. It released around the same time as PS4/XB1 and probably got dwarfed by the hype and mindshare for them.

AniHawk

holy damn buy this game.

hell americans can probably import this thing for less than $20. edit: well not if it's in-store. and if they don't ship domestically because they're a big supermarket.

you know what? ignore everything i just said, except the first part.

pswii60

maxresdefault.jpg

Top Bottom