• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Xelios, I just sent you an invite. Can you add me?

I have ADK, Loki, Lilith, Verche Knight of the sky, hades, Siren the enchantress, Thanatos, Vampire Lord, Valkyrie, Tiamat, and some others.

I think I accepted you.

1- Dark Keeper is from the Keeper Tuesday dungeons (randomly appears in the Water, Wood and Fire Dungeons, 50% chance of appearance in rainbow)

2 - No sense having Tyrannos be your leader if you do not have a red in your group. Switch D'Spinas with Tyrannos and switch out the Ice ogre for Succubus (poison skill and 1.5x attack for multiple monsters). Poison is Incredibly useful,

3 - not really, but you need to focus on one color first, I recommend Black because Succubus is very useful (and you have one) and you can leader up with a vampire Lord for even more attack up.

1 - Ouch, I have to wait until next week to hope to evolve her? Missed it by that much...

2 - I have switched up the team as you suggested. Let's see how it goes. I am currently at Twin Temple Apollo.

3 - Still no reason to keep the Black Knight though, right? So go get a carbuncle and feed the knight to it, then feed it to D'Spinas perhaps?

Radav

Yeah I gotta say the expert mask dungeon is pretty annoying. I just beat it again and finally got the green mask I was looking for. I'd like to find a setup I can use with the Shiva helpers I have on my friend's list but I'm not sure I can do it.

How do you guys do it if you don't have Shiva yourself. If I ran a setup like this where I put a red ogre as my leader and some low hp -lits/mask as filler with a shiva helper I'd run the risk of not being able to heal up between the masks in the first round if for instance they're moves happen within 1 turn of each other. I guess you'd just have to hope you get enough red orbs to kill 1 and then stockpile orbs and charge up Shiva's skill. Maybe I'll try that next week.

I've gotta go back to farming metal dragons to continue to try and max out the stuff I have and evolve it. Got my Meteor Volcano Dragon last night. Working on getting a Chaos Dragon Knight, Chaos Devil Dragon, and an Ice Aurora Dragon capped then evolved.

ParityBit

So I ran through the metal dragon dungeon twice (waiting for stamina at this point) I got 2 King dragons. Now should I feed all of these to my black dragon to try and get to level 70? Or should I feed them to something else?

Yeah I gotta say the expert mask dungeon is pretty annoying. I just beat it again and finally got the green mask I was looking for. I'd like to find a setup I can use with the Shiva helpers I have on my friend's list but I'm not sure I can do it.

How do you guys do it if you don't have Shiva yourself. If I ran a setup like this where I put a red ogre as my leader and some low hp -lits/mask as filler with a shiva helper I'd run the risk of not being able to heal up between the masks in the first round if for instance they're moves happen within 1 turn of each other. I guess you'd just have to hope you get enough red orbs to kill 1 and then stockpile orbs and charge up Shiva's skill. Maybe I'll try that next week.

I've gotta go back to farming metal dragons to continue to try and max out the stuff I have and evolve it. Got my Meteor Volcano Dragon last night. Working on getting a Chaos Dragon Knight, Chaos Devil Dragon, and an Ice Aurora Dragon capped then evolved.

This was the boat I was in. Here's a few strategies which you can mix/match to deal with this.

1) Bring relatively low HP guys. My succubus for example was not evolved into a Lilith, this is actually an advantage. My total HP was about 5.4k including helper.

2) Bring someone who can change orbs into hearts in case the masks attack on consecutive turns and your healer won't get you above 70% immediately.

3) Store some hearts in the corners during rounds 1 and 2 where you only face Demon Masks, if you have a maxed Amaterasu as your helper (looking at you Xelios :D) then even with 5.5k HP, a single 3 orb heart match + an Amaterasu heal will basically cap you.

4) Get 5 orb combos to hit everything on the screen. In one instance I was actually able to legitimately kill 3 Divine Masks which all attacked on the 4th turn. I had 4 dark guys in my group, and 3 people who could change orbs into dark. I cycled their turns, and kept getting 5 orb dark matches, which was hitting everything on the screen for 4 damage each time.

5) Bring dual-element guys. This is the only way to do more than 6 damage per turn to a single enemy. If you have all 6 of your guys dual element, then in theory you can do 12 damage / turn to an enemy.

Mashing

So what the fuck. I used lillith poison followed by 3rd eye from Shiva and killed the remaining one mask and his zero defense skill did not carry over! I died on the next round needless to say.

So what the fuck. I used lillith poison followed by 3rd eye from Shiva and killed the remaining one mask and his zero defense skill did not carry over! I died on the next round needless to say.

Why would you use both of those on the same turn? Either skill will insta wipe the group, using both at the same time is basically just throwing it away :(

I asked yesterday, but no one answered which is better the holy dragon or ivory dragon? Also how is Shiva supposed to help when it takes 20+ turned to get his skill ready? I'm lucky if I make it a couple turned before the expert masks kill me.

I asked yesterday, but no one answered which is better the holy dragon or ivory dragon? Also how is Shiva supposed to help when it takes 20+ turned to get his skill ready? I'm lucky if I make it a couple turned before the expert masks kill me.

Buy time by leaving one mask alive on the first round while you make non-damaging orb matches and wait for skills to charge. This is actually a useful tactic in many harder dungeons

xelios

Divinegon (Leader) - 2x ATK for Light allies
Holy (Leader) - 50% Light damage reduction
Both have charged light damage attacks as their active skill

Different situations. Apples and oranges, really.

Owzers

after two mask disasters i'm abandoning in favor of metal dragons :(

I don't need any masks atm anyways, but tmw's dragon plants....i'll be ready.

When is the best place to get a vampire? I know there is a random appearance in satan castle

Divinegon (Leader) - 2x ATK for Light allies
Holy (Leader) - 50% Light damage reduction
Both have charged light damage attacks as their active skill

Different situations. Apples and oranges, really.

Thank you

Radav

Just to toss a little more info at ya. I believe Divinegon can become a dual element dragon using an ultimate evolution in its 5* form. I've got one myself and will hopefully get to evolving it soon.

Uthred

Grinding up monsters levels can be grueiling, even "low" xp monsters like the Third Tier Little Dragons take 14 fully evolved Pengdras of the right colour to hit Max lvl, which requires 14 dragon plants and 28 metallic dragons (i.e. 6 runs & 120 Stamina for the dragons alone) to evolve. And thats just one of the "easily" levelled monsters, never mind levelling your whole squad or grinding for drops.

Radav

Grinding up monsters levels can be grueiling, even "low" xp monsters like the Third Tier Little Dragons take 14 fully evolved Pengdras of the right colour to hit Max lvl, which requires 14 dragon plants and 28 metallic dragons (i.e. 6 runs & 120 Stamina for the dragons alone) to evolve. And thats just one of the "easily" levelled monsters, never mind levelling your whole squad or grinding for drops.

Yeah I haven't done anything but stuff like this pretty much for the last 2 weeks. It is quite a grind.

ParityBit

So I shouldn't just dump my metal dragons into my Devil Dragon, but rather load it all into Pengdras? Which I currently don't have? I actually don't have any of the technical dungeons open. I am only on the Twin Temple Apollo

Is there any other place where I can farm the Mystic Mask aside from the Wednesday Dungeon Expert Level?

I think that's the only way in the game to obtain it, unfortunately.

Edit: Actually I'm wrong, it apparently drops from tier 5 dungeons, but I don't see that as being any easier than Wednesday dungeon

If you have the succubus, then get a blue ogre leader, 3 sapphilits, 1 succubus, and a siren helper. That's probably the easiest party to put together that can beat this

Mashing

Why would you use both of those on the same turn? Either skill will insta wipe the group, using both at the same time is basically just throwing it away :(

Because I'm an idiot and didn't realize the poison would kill them without lowering their defense first. That's why.

Titan, 3 red filler monsters (didn't have enough masks so I used my lowest level fire monsters), lillith, with Shiva helper. that's a good group for expert masks right?

Because I'm an idiot and didn't realize the poison would kill them without lowering their defense first. That's why.

Ahh well there you go :p Poison itself ignores defense, and it does whatever your attack is per turn to each mob. So it will wipe them. But knowing that you should be fine when you go back :)

xelios

4 Mystic Masks so far, two of them showed up the first round. Love when that happens (resolve team). Gonna have a few very nice evolutions after the Friday dungeon. I'm excited!

Oh and thanks raiod@GAF for always having your Viper Orochi out, no telling how many times I've used him.

Titan, 3 red filler monsters (didn't have enough masks so I used my lowest level fire monsters), lillith, with Shiva helper. that's a good group for expert masks right?

Personally I would use a healer instead of the shiva. How you're going right now you have 0 healing, so if you get hit even once it's going to be difficult to recover. Doesn't mean that what you are going in with won't work though, just that I haven't tried it and I'd feel more comfortable with a healer.

Boken

Banned
4 Mystic Masks so far, two of them showed up the first round. Love when that happens (resolve team). Gonna have a few very nice evolutions after the Friday dungeon. I'm excited!

Oh and thanks raiod@GAF for always having your Viper Orochi out, no telling how many times I've used him.

I want to be raiod's friend :O

ccbfan

You guys a massively over complicating expert mask.

Its easy as long as you have a Any 5 star healer, any succubus, ifrit, any fire healer.

If you've been keeping up with your gafer friend list you should have at least 3 orochi on your list.

Any 5 star healer + (their color low hp monsters or just use blue to go wit orochi) * 4 + orochi is pretty much insta win as long as you're patient. Basically before you kill the last mask each stage prep a few ready to match for the next round incase you get in trouble. Orochi skill helps for when you get unlucky (Like 3 divine mask same counter). Make sure to recharge orochi skill.

Others. Any orge + (ogre color low hp monsters) * 3 + (succubus, ifrit, fire healer) + Healer same color as your ogre. At the end of every stage prep before going to the next stage.

XXXXXX
XXXXXX
XXBXXB
BBXBBX
BBXBBX

This will prevent all situations where you can't finished the next stage. During last stage used special skill to finish off last part.

You don't even need a special character.

Any ogre + (ogre color low hp monsters) * 4 + 5 star healer of same color can also finish the dungeon. The only tricky part is the last stage where you have to do 3 5 orb matches in 4 turns.

You guys a massively over complicating expert mask.

Its easy as long as you have a Any 5 star healer, any succubus, ifrit, any fire healer.

If you've been keeping up with your gafer friend list you should have at least 3 orochi on your list.

Any 5 star healer + (their color low hp monsters or just use blue to go wit orochi) * 4 + orochi is pretty much insta win as long as you're patient. Basically before you kill the last mask each stage prep a few ready to match for the next round incase you get in trouble. Orochi skill helps for when you get unlucky (Like 3 divine mask same counter). Make sure to recharge orochi skill.

Others. Any orge + (ogre color low hp monsters) * 3 + (succubus, ifrit, fire healer) + Healer same color as your ogre. At the end of every stage prep before going to the next stage.

XXXXXX
XXXXXX
XXBXXB
BBXBBX
BBXBBX

This will prevent all situations where you can't finished the next stage. During last stage used special skill to finish off last part.

You don't even need a special character.

Any ogre + (ogre color low hp monsters) * 4 + 5 star healer of same color can also finish the dungeon. The only tricky part is the last stage where you have to do 3 5 orb matches in 4 turns.

what if you get 4 divine masks attacking on the same turn?

ToxicAdam

So I shouldn't just dump my metal dragons into my Devil Dragon, but rather load it all into Pengdras? Which I currently don't have? I actually don't have any of the technical dungeons open. I am only on the Twin Temple Apollo

You should never be leveling up a pet and doing worse than 1:1 (gold to exp). You are wasting money.

So, if your Devil Dragon is level 30, and you use 5 metal dragons to level him up, you are spending 15000 gold for 8000 exp. That's terrible.

Better to use those dragons and level up some other low level, dark fodder and then feed that single pet to your Devil Dragon. You might not get that full 8000 exp, but you will be getting at least 2:1 on your Exp:Gold ratio.

ccbfan

what if you get 4 divine masks attacking on the same turn?

3 x 5 orb. That will kills the divine masks. With my pre stage prep you are have 2 * 5 orb set for you. Unless you get super unlucky you should be able to get that third one.

The scary fight though is the fight after this. No prep time for the next fight so you better hope you get lucky. If this occurs in stage 4 then you're pretty much screwed with no prep time for the final stage unless you get really lucky.

raiot

No problem! It's just fair concerning how much I abused your Amaterasu :)

ParityBit

You should never be leveling up a pet and doing worse than 1:1 (gold to exp). You are wasting money.

So, if your Devil Dragon is level 30, and you use 5 metal dragons to level him up, you are spending 15000 gold for 8000 exp. That's terrible.

Better to use those dragons and level up some other low level, dark fodder and then feed that single pet to your Devil Dragon. You might not get that full 8000 exp, but you will be getting at least 2:1 on your Exp:Gold ratio.

OK, so track down some dark Carbuncle or dark knights and feed the dragons to them? Then them to the dragon? What level should I get the fodder to? All the way to 15 or 10 .. ?

Also what about the two king dragons?

3 x 5 orb. That will kills the divine masks. With my pre stage prep you are have 2 * 5 orb set for you. Unless you get super unlucky you should be able to get that third one.

The scary fight though is the fight after this. No prep time for the next fight so you better hope you get lucky. If this occurs in stage 4 then you're pretty much screwed with no prep time for the final stage unless you get really lucky.

yea but its not always possible to get three 5 orb matches in a row when it has to be a specific color

ToxicAdam

OK, so track down some dark Carbuncle or dark knights and feed the dragons to them? Then them to the dragon? What level should I get the fodder to? All the way to 15 or 10 .. ?

Also what about the two king dragons?

Yea, around level 9-12 is a good range. Just from my personal experience. Someone actually sat down and did all the math on this in the Wiki, but I never went through it.

There's no real rule on King Dragons. Use them how you want. Obviously, they are better to use on Dark monsters, but if you need to quickly evolve another monster they are about your only choice early on.

Victrix

*beard*
yea but its not always possible to get three 5 orb matches in a row when it has to be a specific color

That's why you save orbs.

It's possible to get screwed by certain configs, but that's true with almost any setup. A super unlucky cascade could end up getting you killed in round one even with an ezmode team.

But being careful with your matches and saving orbs + charging skills, I've lost maybe one or two mask/dublit attempts in a months worth of attempts, and the early ones were with the 'cheap' teams, relying on orb saving to survive.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'd like to go on record saying I'm an idiot. I accidentally forgot to match orbs to get Alraune's healing in and died with my resolve team -facepalm-

Smiley90

I think we have ALL done that before...

Got my ADK so now it seems like first ice technical is a joke... Awesome!

I was like"yay all masks on different timers so I won't die so I'll just set myself up for next round" and forgot to match fml

blackflag

I think we have ALL done that before...

Got my ADK so now it seems like first ice technical is a joke... Awesome!

I just got my ADK yesterday and teamed up with yours and some dragons and 1 shotted almost everything in the 2nd stage of the first blue tier of technical dungeons. The divine masks took longer but everything including the boss died on my first turn.

Pretty ridiculous considering my ADK and most of my dragons aren't very high level. They are starters fully evolved but one was level 1.

Jinko

Part the problem I had was that I was trying to follow the resolve way, I found having high hp and a good healer plus defence stance to be much better, if you have 10k hp or more you can take 2 hits from divine masks aslong as you have defence stance active.

The main thing though is you need to store up orbs and have all your abilities ready before going to the next stage' this way if you are dealt a shit encounter you can take them out as fast as you can.

Nista

So I got two of the same blue starter dragon from the present swap. Should I just feed one to the other, or raise them both up? This is the first duplicate monster I've pulled.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So I got two of the same blue starter dragon from the present swap. Should I just feed one to the other, or raise them both up? This is the first duplicate monster I've pulled.

I'd honestly rather just keep both.

Mashing

Personally I would use a healer instead of the shiva. How you're going right now you have 0 healing, so if you get hit even once it's going to be difficult to recover. Doesn't mean that what you are going in with won't work though, just that I haven't tried it and I'd feel more comfortable with a healer.

I have an Alarune, but I needed a resolver (I have Titan and Armor Ogre) and I brought Shiva for the 0 defense skill which I think will be necessary for me to beat this dungeon with my team. No way I beat this dungeon if I'm constantly have to recharge poison.

Or maybe I'm missing something.

I have an Alarune, but I needed a resolver (I have Titan and Armor Ogre) and I brought Shiva for the 0 defense skill which I think will be necessary for me to beat this dungeon with my team. No way I can kill a divine mask without poison.

Yea but you already have a poison, Succubus, right? So put your Ogre as leader, your poison in the group, and bring a healer as your helper. With a healer you don't use poison until the boss. Everything before the boss you kill normally. Take only 1-2 different colors with you so that you can maximize the number of people that attack on each turn. As long as you can remove same-turn attackers before they attack, it usually works out fine.

With the setup you're talking about, there are 3 waves where you're going to need to wipe the group before anything attacks, and you have only 2 moves that can wipe a group.

Smiley90

Okay, I really need the following four my team:

1: dark and/or light resolver (since there are no ogres there)
2: dark and/or "heal to color" changer. Vampire Lord is probably best for dark, but what about light? Or is there an easier drop than vampire Lord?
3: dark healer, is there one?

Thanks in advance if you know their names,I don't want to click through all the monsters to seer who has what skill...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom