• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dust: An Elysian Tail has sold 1 million copies.

Levyne

Banned
Noogy just tweeted that Dust has sold a million copies.

W7SjIbM.png

I know the game has some fans here so I thought I would make a thread. Congrats to him and the game for reaching the milestone!

Edit:

Humble bundle is at 451k so the game did more half a million before that. Cool.

Considering the creator made the game by him/herself did it recoup the money he/she spent on it? I would assume the one million milestone probably already did collect the money, but you never know with humble bundle and steam sales.

EBE

its an okay game. the story and characters were largely forgettable, but i found the combat and diverse environments to be fun and interesting. side quests were boring, though. wouldnt mind a sequel, i guess.

Happy for him, but it's a shame great games have to be down to $1-ish levels and be cheaper than a Redbull to move units. Some money is better than no money, of course, but it'd be cool to see. Symphony of the Night would be on the bottom of the food chain getting lapped a thousand times over by Flappy Bird in today's world. You'd also have to convince people why it's worth their time, and have to debate the effeminate male lead stigma around Alucard.

Nabs

Congrats. I'm glad you decided to put this out on PC/Mac/Linux. Great choice, eh?

Happy for him, but it's a shame great games have to be down to $1-ish levels and be cheaper than a Redbull to move units. Some money is better than no money, of course, but it'd be cool to see. Symphony of the Night would be on the bottom of the food chain getting lapped a thousand times over by Flappy Bird in today's world.

It still sold 500k+ before Humble. Not bad.

Platy

XBLA - August 2012
Steam - May 2013

So basicaly 1 year and half of Live Arcade + half year on steam = half million

congrats noogy! you are awesome.

Hopefully this will help you make your next game even better and gets you enough money to make your life in general better.

d0g_bear

I bought it in the humble sale not really expecting to like it at all, but I couldn't put it down and I beat it yesterday. Well deserved.

ProphessorX

Neo Member
Awesome! I loved it for the charm and exploration. Boss fights were really easy though. Just air dash through them repeatedly while spamming magic.

Top Bottom