• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

IconGrist

qBpAvdU.jpg

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE

A series of interconnected films featuring some of DC's biggest names.

What we have so far:

Man of Steel - Release Date: June 14, 2013
E959RJx.jpg

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Release Date: March 25, 2016
HrozMOQ.jpg

Suicide Squad - Release Date: August 5, 2016
y26RN24.png

Wonder Woman - Release Date: June 2, 2017
DLfX8DI.jpg

Upcoming releases:

Justice League - Release Date: November 17, 2017
Aquaman - Release Date: December 21, 2018

The Flash - Release Date: TBD
Green Lantern Corps - Release Date: TBD
Cyborg - Release Date: TBD
The Batman - Release Date: TBD
Man of Steel 2 - Release Date: TBD
Justice League 2 - Release Date: TBD
Suicide Squad 2 - Release Date: TBD
Gotham City Sirens - Release Date: TBD
Dark Universe - Release Date: TBD
Nightwing - Release Date: TBD
Shazam - Release Date: TBD
Black Adam - Release Date: TBD

The Heroes
UO4tj1i.jpg

Henry Cavill - Superman
Ben Affleck - The Batman
Gal Gadot - Wonder Woman
Jason Momoa - Aquaman
Ezra Miller - The Flash
Ray Fisher - Cyborg

The Bad Guys
wPD7w2X.jpg

Will Smith - Deadshot
Margot Robbie - Harley Quinn
Jared Leto - The Joker
Cara Delevingne - The Enchantress
Jai Courtney - Captain Boomerang
Jay Hernandez - El Diablo
Karen Fukuhara - Katana
Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje - Killer Croc
Adam Beach - Slipknot
Viola Davis - Amanda Waller
Joel Kinnaman - Col. Rick Flag (not a Big Guy)

Let us take a moment to mourn our fallen. May they rest in peace.

Slipknot
Fs1iW1C.jpg

He tied as he lived.

Lord Zimmer
wqcOb8T.jpg

The story of his tragic death has been wiped from historical records...

Guek
F8qskJI.jpg

Nick Fury's putting together a team so this is farewell.

Shingi70
TOI2mhr.jpg

The Boldest Badass Warrior posting guy on GAF.

WALL OF SHAME

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits
aeAILth.png

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen
yE7AADH.png

More coming soon...

Effect

Super hyped for Justice League and the new trailer was great!!!!

Have to say though the complaints about "to much" CGI are getting extremely tiresome and even stupid. You want actual superhero action then you're going to need CGI and a LOT of it. These aren't street level heroes. They're gods among men. They move insanely fast over large distances. Shit gets destroyed when these people fight and their enemies are at the level they should be. You aren't going to have people build buildings just so they can be destroyed for real or haul up shit like that to remote locations. Normal wire work isn't going to work. You shouldn't (because you can) cheapen out on actually showing them accurately. I want spectacle like none other. This is a blockbuster movie not a stage play or a TV show. Then there is the issue that many people seemingly don't really know what is CGI and is real at times anymore. Plenty of stuff people have thought was CGI have ended up real in films and the reverse has also happen.

jrush64

Banned
Super hyped for Justice League and the new trailer was great!!!!

Have to say though the complaints about "to much" CGI are getting extremely tiresome and stupid. You want actual superhero action then you're going to need CGI and a LOT of it. These aren't street level heroes. They're gods among men. They move insanely fast over large distances. Shit gets destroyed when these people fight and you aren't going to have people build buildings just so they can be destroyed for real or haul up shit like that to remote locations. Normal wire work isn't going to work. You shouldn't (because you can) cheapen out on actually showing them accurately. I want spectacle like none other. This is a blockbuster movie not a stage play or a TV show.

There's a lot of stupid ass complaints people on this site that you'll hear and they are definitely tiresome and the CGI one is definitely one of them.

Ahasverus

The hell happened to Lord Zimmer :( who else will create inflammatory threads now.

It's incredible that we got to OT3 in exactly a year while the MCU guys have a 4 years old OT2. We might not be better, but sure are more fun :p

About JL, what shocked me is that the trailer IS too dark, like, there is zero sun. I'd have thought that they were going to avoid that but they are actually doubling down.

On the other hand, it really looks like a comic book, so it's great.

In general the lazier the complaints, the more they actually liked it and are trying to force reasons not to. Skimming through the thread, some are on the verge of saying "stop liking this!" And in fairness, that applies to reducing Marvel Studios movies to quips and looking like TV shows. Drawing lines in the sand and acting dramatic like, this is bad because I wanted it to be bad. At the end of the day it's the cost of a movie ticket and under three hours of your time...which, let's be real, people spend considerably more time talking about the movies than the runtimes. And it's fun to talk and joke about this stuff, the good and bad. Until you see some people are legit about the tribalism, and it gets weird. Like in one of the teaser threads one dude went back through another poster's history two years to prove that poster is a Snyder...it was weird.

Now, to say my own nitpicks of the trailer aside from Cyborg, I don't know about Batman's robot thing in the tunnel. Him using gadgets to fight parademons is cool and out of the JL cartoon. Mostly about Flash and Aquaman in the teasers and trailer.

Pretty fun trailer for sure. That final money shot was kind of a whimper tho. Should have been aquaman unleashing the sharks or something

The action looks fun and it was dope seeing Barry's dad. Hopefully we get a bit of iris too. Looks like it will be a dope time. Happy that batman is still zipping around quickly and also flash scenes look fire.

I'm fucking with all of that but cyborg. To hell with Geoff Johns and him.

Looks to be a good second best (or maybe third) comic movie of the year.

Seriously though, every action shot was just pure money. Aquaman spearing that Parademon, Barry hitting that other parademon through a goddamn steel door...

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn son.

Ninjimbo

I think I've seen the trailer like five times. Aquaman is so good. He makes me feel like taking a few shots and lifting some weights.

Actually, I will say one thing about the color. If this is meant to be Themyscira, it's not very idyllic compared with the Wonder Woman footage. That's a neat touch there, having it all lush and beautiful compared with man's world during the great war. Maybe this is a scene from the past when they first get a motherbox.

IconGrist

I think I've seen the trailer like five times. Aquaman is so good. He makes me feel like taking a few shots and lifting some weights.

I've been watching YouTube reactions while I'm waiting around to go home. Reading some other reactions and whatnot. Lot of positive hype. Haven't checked reddit yet to see how it's doing there.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
The hell happened to Lord Zimmer :( who else will create inflammatory threads now.

It's incredible that we got to OT3 in exactly a year while the MCU guys have a 4 years old OT2. We might not be better, but sure are more fun :p

About JL, what shocked me is that the trailer IS too dark, like, there is zero sun. I'd have thought that they were going to avoid that but they are actually doubling down.

On the other hand, it really looks like a comic book, so it's great.
Action set pieces set in the dark make the colors pop out like crazy. Flash lightning, the orange bullet things in the batman shot.

I dont know. It looks really fucking good.

Ross61

Pretty fun trailer for sure. That final money shot was kind of a whimper tho. Should have been aquaman unleashing the sharks or something

The action looks fun and it was dope seeing Barry's dad. Hopefully we get a bit of iris too. Looks like it will be a dope time. Happy that batman is still zipping around quickly and also flash scenes look fire.

I'm fucking with all of that but cyborg. To hell with Geoff Johns and him.

Looks to be a good second best (or maybe third) comic movie of the year.
Iris is confirmed to be in the movie.

And how dare you slander our lord and savior, Geoff Johns.

Top Bottom