• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Dark Knight Rises - Trailer 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BY2K

Membero Americo
i4KvRR82TO4cX.gif

Man I thought Bane's voice was going to destroy my PC subwoofer. I hope it's like that on the home video surround track. shit's intense.

Bob White

I have a feeling the fix to Bane's voice will make him more memorable to audiences. His voice cuts through so powerfully on the "punishment" line. Fucking awesome.

Trailer's aiight. I like the overall plot they're going for here. Batman gets his ass beat and gets kidnapped, escapes and redeems himself etc.

but...the media released so far for this film does not have me as excited as it should. TDK's stuff had me mega-hyped in comparison.

Movie should be pretty good though for sure.

The media machine for the movie barely started. WB is fucking smart. Keep quite until The Avengers hype starts dying down and... BOOM!

Speevy

Banned
I have a question.

Is this movie supposed to be grim, or action-packed? Because very few movies are both in equal measure. TDK certainly wasn't.

effzee

the REAL BEST part is that the story seems to be setting up what most fans wanted to see 10-20 years down the road. a completely defeated depressed bruce wayne having to come back as batman to save gotham!

Somebody in the TDKR thread overhyped that flare shot way too much. I was expecting it to look like Jesse James with Batman walking through it but it looked fairly plain-jane.

I like when the music kicks in though "July 20" onwards.

Jimothy

Trailer's aiight. I like the overall plot they're going for here. Batman gets his ass beat and gets kidnapped, escapes and redeems himself etc.

but...the media released so far for this film does not have me as excited as it should. TDK's stuff had me mega-hyped in comparison.

Movie should be pretty good though for sure.

I'm pretty sure WB farmed out the trailers to a small startup trailer house. That's probably why the trailers have been so sloppily edited.

I love how grim it seems to get. Tumblers patrolling the streets. Bane beating the shit out of Batman. Batman flat out loses to Bane. Bane lets Batman live to torment him.

Rocky 3 :bow

3N16MA

Banned
Nolan will convince WB to not make another Batman film for 15 years so he can comeback and bring old Bruce with him.

jett

D-Member
This movie looks like it's drenched in blue, I guess it adds to the bleakness. Visually it really gives off a depressing mood, guess no happy endings for anyone!

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
I'm going to be so in the minority, but based off the samples here: I liked Bane's voice before. He sounded a lot more menacing. I hope they leave some of the 'grit' into it and kept a lot of the accent. I saw the prologue and was one of those who couldn't keep up with what he was saying and wanted it cleaned up some but now I feel like it's maybe too polished? There again I'm basing this off of 3 or 4 lines and I'm sure it'll still be rad in the final film.

My reaction
VwsyI.gif
laughed way harder at this than I should have

big ander

I was excited for this film before, but that trailer took it to max level methinks.

One of my favorite lines was "this isn't a car." Boo, the rest of you.

Alfred's a goddamned man.

I'm going to be so in the minority, but based off the samples here: I liked Bane's voice before. He sounded a lot more menacing. I hope they leave some of the 'grit' into it and kept a lot of the accent. I saw the prologue and was one of those who couldn't keep up with what he was saying and wanted it cleaned up some but now I feel like it's maybe too polished? There again I'm basing this off of 3 or 4 lines and I'm sure it'll still be rad in the final film.

laughed way harder at this than I should have

It doesn't sound natural at all, like it was tacked on after the fact.

Daft_Cat

The plane doesn't bug me at all. I don't know why some of you are deciding that's the straw that finally break the camels back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom