• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F3AR revealed.Yes, it's named F3AR, so original.

This was in a spanish magazine.

4l6akn.jpg

It says "Next issue", so we won't have info....for now....

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
oh... Fear 3.

it took me a second.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Can't wait for F34|2

Edit: Similar ideas, but I took it a step further! I think I win

I overdid it didn't I?:(

Edit #2: super spoiler tag fail :(

luka

Loves Robotech S1
WHAT

I don't mind the name. I mean, F.E.A.R was a stupid name anyway. It's not like this makes it that much worse. It seems very self-aware.

FLEABttn

Banned
Now that we've hopefully got all the naming jokes out of our system, I'd like it if they took the series in a direction more like the first than the second. The second kind of felt like Fear meets Modern Warfare, especially with the engine basically dropping the whole realtime shadows bit (or at least it felt like it did).

The first is a timeless classic I still have installed and speak highly of whenever the opportunity arises, while Fear 2 was something that was a good two day distraction, only to be purged off my hard drive once completed.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What does this have to do with Focus Sash, Endeavor, quick Attack, Rattata?

Oh, you mean the Ho-hum FPS and not the Pokemon term. I see.

TheJollyCorner said:
I love when they put the numb3r5 in the t1tl3!

How else are we supposed to know it's the third title in the F.E.A.R. series?

Veritas_

Loved the first one, thought the second was good... not sure about that.
Oh well, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I remember when Driv3r came out and I was in a Gamestop getting something (I forget, but it wasn't Driv3r) and some guy asked for Drive-three-r. As in, he pronounced the 3 in the middle. Now I always think of that when I'm reminded of Driv3r, although that's not often.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
The original was fucking fantastic. Even if 2 was a bit of a letdown, I still have plenty of residual love left over to get excited about this.

VaLiancY

Please for the love of God, Monolith get the gunplay you got so right in the first game and translate it to this game.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Milk Lizard said:
Fear 2 was crap and I cant stop thinking about driv3r from the title, that is enough reason not to buy it.

I liked the FEAR2 more than the first one , and I want FEAR 3 to be more like the 2nd.

Foil

This game and Thi4f should totally hang out sometime.

I don't think they can screw up the gunplay more than they did with Project Origin. Maybe they'll lay off the screen flash effects for this one. Ya know, realise that doing that a million times over will only give people a headache and ruin the effect. If they can get back to the gunplay of the first game maybe I'll check it out.

So how long until they show off Condemn3d? I'm sure they'll somehow turn that into a FPS.

M3TROID

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG EP1SODE
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG EPI2ODE
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG EPISOD3

2UPER MARIO BRO2

More games should
NEVER IN A MILLION BILLION ETERNITIES
do this.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Fear was awesome for me on PC, even if I played on the lowest of the lowest. Then Fear 2 hit and I had a good time so F3AR gets my interest at least. FE4R probably too

Nizz

I played the first F.E.A.R. on 360 and I loved it. But the F.E.A.R. games haven't been all that great on PS3. :( If it turns out great this time on PS3, I'll bite.

The first FEAR was developed primarily for the PC, with the console versions as port jobs.

FEAR 2 was made to be an optimized experience across all platforms.

Im sure you all already know, but guess which one kinda sucked?

out0v0rder said:
The first FEAR was developed primarily for the PC, with the console versions as port jobs.

FEAR 2 was made to be an optimized experience across all platforms.

Im sure you all already know, but guess which one kinda sucked?

F.E.A.R. 2 sucked because it was a bad game, not because it was designed to be a multi-plat title from the get go.

Top Bottom