• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Ranger X

Good. I'd assume that the mob will walk off the edge and into water if the fall won't hurt them, and I doubt they are smart enough to "know" that the very water they are jumping into will push them off a ledge to their plummeting doom. So, time to redesign my grinder then.

It's a shame though, that defeats the entire point of the vertical fall damage grinder, which was killing speed. Now the time to kill a mob will be much greater. Oh well. Maybe I'll have to add more vertical spawning floors (but smaller floors) to counteract that. OH MY GOD, grinders can now go up to lvl 256! Maybe it's time for a hugely tall grinder....

Well, those kind of grinders are only slower when it starts. But once you ennemies are starting to drown, it gets as fast as it can be. + you get 100% loot tks to the drowning :)

Taffer

Hi, I jumped into Ark's server briefly last night and was thinking of doing so again but I wanted to check what the rules are on there before I do, is there a post I should read that someone could link to (search has defeated me)?
I'm guessing 'be polite & don't grief' is a good start but I want to be sure I'm not ruining anyone's stuff by harvesting some wood & getting started.

Hi, I jumped into Ark's server briefly last night and was thinking of doing so again but I wanted to check what the rules are on there before I do, is there a post I should read that someone could link to (search has defeated me)?
I'm guessing 'be polite & don't grief' is a good start but I want to be sure I'm not ruining anyone's stuff by harvesting some wood & getting started.

That's pretty much it just don't grief, be polite and respect other peoples stuff. Also if you'd like to be able to do anything on the server you'll need to send Ark a PM with your minecraft name so he can add you to the whitelist.

Oh, and you'll need a good sense of humor people are crazy on Neocraft. :-D

limlark

Has everybody seen this list of potentially compromised accounts? I've searched for the names of all the NeoCrafters I can think of, and none were on it. But everyone should check!

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Finally bought this amazing game. Connected to Neocraft... I feel like I just stepped into Inception :p It's pretty amazing what everyone has done.

But I'm a little lost about Neocraft etiquette. Where is it acceptable to mine? Where is it acceptable to build?

Finally bought this amazing game. Connected to Neocraft... I feel like I just stepped into Inception :p It's pretty amazing what everyone has done.

But I'm a little lost about Neocraft etiquette. Where is it acceptable to mine? Where is it acceptable to build?

That's pretty much it just don't grief, be polite and respect other peoples stuff. Also if you'd like to be able to do anything on the server you'll need to send Ark a PM with your minecraft name so he can add you to the whitelist.

Oh, and you'll need a good sense of humor people are crazy on Neocraft. :-D

Quoted one of my posts from earlier since it pretty much answers your question. As far as mining goes just make sure you turn around if you run into someone's mine. There are also lots of community mines around the server.

BocoDragon

Quoted one of my posts from earlier since it pretty much answers your question. As far as mining goes just make sure you turn around if you run into someone's mine. There are also lots of community mines around the server.
Thanks! Does this mean I have I have to be whitelisted to even build anything? Is that what you mean by "do anything on the server"? (multiplayer noob here :p)

Thanks! Does this mean I have I have to be whitelisted to even build anything? Is that what you mean by "do anything on the server"? (multiplayer noob here :p)

Yeah before you can destroy and place blocks you have to be whitelisted. Before then though you can still explore and see the sights, and interact with unlocked doors and chests. People can give you items though so if someone else is online try and get some basics like food and a sword from them.

BocoDragon

Yeah before you can destroy and place blocks you have to be whitelisted. Before then though you can still explore and see the sights, and interact with unlocked doors and chests. People can give you items though so if someone else is online try and get some basics like food and a sword from them.
Cool thanks again! I have a feeling I have 100s of hours in this world ahead of me!

Edit: although I seem to be able to destroy blocks and place them already...??

Morokh

Yeah plugins don't work at the moment, but still send Ark a PM so he can add you when he has them sorted.

The only thing that seems to work is locking chests / doors.

As far as mining goes just remember if you face an odd block that is not found underground normally stop digging !, and even if you come to face a cobblestone block it's not necessarily a dungeon.

BocoDragon

Yeah plugins don't work at the moment, but still send Ark a PM so he can add you when he has them sorted.

The only thing that seems to work is locking chests / doors.

As far as mining goes just remember if you face an odd block that is not found underground normally stop digging !, and even if you come to face a cobblestone block it's not necessarily a dungeon.

Gotcha. Basically don't destroy anything un-natural.

Thats weird.

The one by Dome City. Not too sure of the exact location though.

The Coordinates for the stronghold with the ender portal are :-

x = 1027
Y = -342

There is a bit of a "tree house" above it so if you get to the general area you can't fail to see it. Do remember if you go into the ender the only way to get out currently is to die and you will respawn in the normal world again.

but didn't killing the dragon create a portal to return? I coulda swore..

Well if it did create a portal it should still be there :p I have never been in the ender so I was just assuming people using /home to get back. Since the plugins are not working at the moment obviously you can't /home back.

It does. I'm pretty sure the base is made of obsidian, too, so you can't just break the thing.

I guess it all boils down to whether or not you've beaten the dragon yet - and I really can't see you all having not done that by this point.

jediyoshi

Saw on r/minecraft

CX8wW.jpg

wMV6K.jpg

iDi7C.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/XIetr#0

So nuts.

edit: article thread - http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/rwv8z/here_is_my_unfinished_rendition_of_mirrors_edge/

That is... AMAZING.

Also, I find it really interesting that all the shadows are actually textures. Here I was thinking they just used that real time shader mod or w/e it was called.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Okay, I've got creeper block damage off for Neocraft and updated a few plugins, but warps and some stuff are still not available. They are working, it's just getting the permissions updated now. I have some research to do, I'll update soon.

legacyzero

Banned
Okay, I've got creeper block damage off for Neocraft and updated a few plugins, but warps and some stuff are still not available. They are working, it's just getting the permissions updated now. I have some research to do, I'll update soon.
YESSSS! Keep it coming Mengy!

*continues drawing plans for new floating island*

defel

this is just a spam post for myself so I dont forget the location of my new base
x -2566 z -493

Ive changed my mind, I want warps lol

Top Bottom