• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grimoire Heralds of the Winged Exemplar, a game in development for 20 years, releases

I read in a French magazine, but I don't know if it is true, that the dev has been running a blog about conspiracy theories for years. So, either he is the king of sarcasm, or he is really crazy.

BNmc7RK.png

And the profile of the blogger indicates:

aBQZTyf.png
HO7fTrH.png
I also found this (weird) board in French where people make fun of his batshit crazy posts (quoted in the link) on another board, but I couldn't find the forum they're referencing: http://www.morebacks.com/topic/2886-cleveland-mark-blakemore-le-dernier-übermensch/

The quotes are amazing and distressing at the same time. The guy lost his mind in his game.

Edit: his blog is phenomenal. This is how he describes the US leaving the Paris agreement: "TRUMPED. NWO OWNED. BIGGEST SETBACK FOR ROTHCHILDS IN OVER A CENTURY."

Wok

GRIMOIRE was patched.

Sapiens thinks if you have a clinically tested IQ of 183 it means you're better at solving the jumble in the newspaper. This is what Sapiens actually believes.

There are other things you can do with a super powered atomic brain nearly 6 full derivatives greater than the intellectual distance between the ordinary man and Koko the Sign Language Gorilla.

An ordinary man might be delirious and babbling after 72 hours without sleep, these bug reports forced me to bring on another 0.002% of my brain capacity to solve them with a few keystrokes and upload a new binary to Steam.

Bug encountered clicking GPC portraits on some machines
Bug encountered when modifying "SCALE" setting
Bug encountered with music volumes (this may or may not be fixed)

If you have a savegame going and you don't want to uninstall your current game, you can just delete your "game.cfg" file in your Steam common folder if you can find it.

I want you to know if my back is ever in the corner again I am more than willing to bring on as much as 0.005% of my brain power online to fix the game and keep the troops fighting. Any time not spent playing Grimoire is wasted playing life, which will never give you any Perk Keys like Grimoire does. Remember that.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
On the one hand this is a game made specifically for me, I love these games.

On the other hand I refuse to give Cleve Blakemore $40.

Bl@de

The sound effects are hilarious. Cleve burping, farting and snoring into his microphone over the past 20 years for the perfect audio mix. Massive incline.

Hektor

On the one hand this is a game made specifically for me, I love these games.

On the other hand I refuse to give Cleve Blakemore $40.

Only thing that act is proving is that your intellect is not advanced enough to be deserving of access to his magnum opus.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
There are other things you can do with a super powered atomic brain nearly 6 full derivatives greater than the intellectual distance between the ordinary man and Koko the Sign Language Gorilla.

Uh, a derivative and a standard deviation are not the same thing or even similar or related things. This is something high schoolers would learn. Also, animal IQs don't exist, claims about Koko's intelligence being comparable to the 20th percentile human are clearly bogus even if they did. This guy also doesn't have a 183 IQ, and almost by definition, IQs in the far right tail of the distribution display only marginally more productive or intellectual capacity than those several standard deviations lower.

Uh, a derivative and a standard deviation are not the same thing or even similar or related things. This is something high schoolers would learn. Also, animal IQs don't exist, claims about Koko's intelligence being comparable to the 20th percentile human are clearly bogus even if they did. This guy also doesn't have a 183 IQ, and almost by definition, IQs in the far right tail of the distribution display only marginally more productive or intellectual capacity than those several standard deviations lower.
tumblr_ndtp73t15K1qkoulvo1_400.gif

Dec

Damn this looks right up my alley... oh the creator is a racist, homophobic douchebag. Nevermind.

Preeetty much. Looks interesting and from what I watched of the twitch stream it looks fun but... after seeing how crazy this guy is I don't trust that to not have seeped into the dialogue and story and tainted the entire thing.

Wow. A game like this with massive customization could be cool, but this is too dated to be interesting. And the creator is a fucking loony, holy crap.

Not at $40 it won't.

He'll sell a few copies to his RPGCodex buddies and that's about it.

I guess it's good he's already done the mental gymnastics to justify the six copies this will go on to sell.

I would have actually picked it up if it was a bit cheaper and he wasn't a terrible person, but I guess I'm part of the unwashed masses, so it is what it is.

Couldn't possibly be buggy, with Blakemore's coding history and experience; according to his LinkedIn profile, he has:

"...a proven record of writing software that operates 24/7 in hellish surroundings without requiring maintenance, configuration or even a display/input device on computers that cost less than a dollar with no writable storage.

"Anything built by me will cost less than what you spent on lunch per unit and will look like it should be running in the Batcave on ancient web browsers released twenty years ago."

Wait... He lives like 40 minutes from me.. and we have a LinkedIn connection.. and have worked in the same industry at the same time.

Hands down somebody I've worked with knows this guy.

Kinda sad no one talks about the game itself... the first hours of Grimoire are amazing, easily on par with Wizardry VII- especially the level design, full of secrets and interesting challenges.

And while the UI looks like it's from the 90's, there are several interesting improvements, like the ability to disable random encounters, pre-set combat orders, a very detailed automap, etc.

For any fan of Wizardry, Might & Magic, Eye of the Beholder, Etrian Odissey, etc, this is a must-play. Or at least try the demo, since it's indeed quite expensive.

wrowa

$1400 per year off work directly in his pocket. Dude is rolling in the green!

To be fair, if developing the game was a mere hobby to him, getting a 5 figure payout is pretty nice regardless
of how long he worked on it.

Who knows if it's actually even sold a thousand copies though or if that's just another one of his fantasies.

Top Bottom