• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Molecule working on a new "AAA project" involving multiple platforms

According to their job listings here:

http://www.mediamolecule.com/jobs/

Experienced Gameplay Programmer
At Media Molecule, we are currently working on brand new IPs, even more ambitious than LBP was when it was conceived 6 years ago.

To help us create our next AAA title we are seeking a super-talented, experienced gameplay programmer. You’ll be joining a small, multi-discipline team very early in the process and will help to define all aspects of the game code and design. At Media Molecule, artists, designers and coders work together and define their own schedule and priorities, in a truly creative environment with lots of exciting opportunities and plenty of responsibility.

UI Designer
This is a senior role, working across different projects on different platforms you will be responsible for promoting a human centred design approach throughout all aspects of Media Molecule’s prodigious output. Although primarily focussed on game Ui expect to get involved in all aspects of the creative process from pitching through to tools development and games design.

As a passionate but pragmatic advocate of all things Ux you will be able to suggest and deliver solutions that will make our games better. This will involve being thoughtful, flexible and able to collaborate in a small, tightly knit and ambitious team. You are an engaging talker, designer and presenter who will be able to nurture the fleck of an idea, getting buy in from your peers and then developing it into something that might just revolutionise the world of games.

SykoTech

Looking forward to it.

No more LBP on PS3 is what I'd suspect. No way Sony doesn't get them to make one for PS4.

I hope so. LittleBigPlanet is incredible. And while I'm glad that they're stepping away to make a new IP, it would be a shame if they never made another LBP ever.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Wasn't there a rumor that some other European studio was on LBP3 — a Tarsier, Eurocom, Sumo type?

Carl

No more LBP on PS3 is what I'd suspect. No way Sony doesn't get them to make one for PS4.

I also remember when MM said it would be counterproductive to make a LittleBigplanet sequel. "We'd never want to do that", they said.

I'm sure we'll be seeing more of LBP in the future.

I hope so. LittleBigPlanet is incredible. And while I'm glad that they're stepping away to make a new IP, it would be a shame if they never made another LBP ever.

I'm sure we will see more LBP, but it will probably be made by Tarsier (who seem to have done a wonderful job on LittleBigPlanet Vita)

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Why hiring outsiders when they have the poor hobos at SCE Cambridge to do that for them?
Cambridge is a Guerilla sister studio dedicated exclusively to Killzone, no?

SykoTech

I'm sure we will see more LBP, but it will probably be made by Tarsier (who seem to have done a wonderful job on LittleBigPlanet Vita)

Yeah, LBP Vita does look pretty great. I guess I wouldn't mind that, as long as the series doesn't end up like Crash Bandicoot or Jak & Daxter.

PS4 & PSV. Can't wait to see what Mm has in store for us. If there is platforming they need to make sure it's precise jumping from the get go.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Cambridge is a Guerilla sister studio dedicated exclusively to Killzone, no?

Because Cambridge are stuck on Killzone now

that just for this one Killzone game I believe,and when it bomb and Yoshida/Kaz decide to kill Killzone IP once and for all just like Resistance then Cambridge will most likely return to work on LBP or other SCE IP for Vita or something..just like the poor guys at Bend studio.

I hope people blubber that it's "floaty" without ever actually playing it or not long enough to understand what the game is really all about.

EDIT: Oh, I see post #8 has already gone there.

As a game rather than a creation tool, I've never been a big fan of LBP 1 or 2 due to the lack of tight controls, 30fps platforming (a big no-no for me) and poor level design (probably due to the restrictions of the creation engine the game is built around). And I was never interested in making my own levels.

Having said that, my gf absolutely loves it and watching her play through it at the moment shows just how much creativity MM have in them.

Strangely, despite the above, I'm actually more excited to see what MM do next (outside of LBP) than most other developers. Why? Because they clearly think outside the box and their next game most certainly won't be a shooter. And that's what the industry needs more than anything right now.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Strangely, despite the above, I'm actually more excited to see what MM do next (outside of LBP) than most other developers. Why? Because they clearly think outside the box and their next game most certainly won't be a shooter. And that's what the industry needs more than anything right now.

Don't be so sure,going with SCE games under Shu Yoshida controls and the amount of shooter we got, the dude might actually force MM to make some sort of a shooter next, hell even Sorcery -version 2.0- turned into a shooter-ish game.

Drencrom

Don't be so sure,going with SCE games under Shu Yoshida controls and the amount of shooter we got, the dude might actually force MM to make some sort of a shooter next, hell even Sorcery -version 2.0- turned into a shooter-ish game.

Hahah.. wait, you serious?

As long as it's not a Rag Doll Kung Fu MMO, I imagine I'll be thrilled. I'd love a 3D arpg with a level editor, but I kinda just hope it's something totally out if left field.

onQ123

whatever it is I bet it's going to take the PS3 & Vita cross gaming to a whole new level.

the cross controls from LBP2 probably got them thinking of all types of new game play ideas for the future.

Hope they do a little big adventure game. Just a payoff for all the moments of hope I had everytime I mis-read a lbp thread title,

MM is owned by SCE, so no, it's not going to be non-Sony platforms.

Psygnosis was wholly owned by Sony when they made Wipeout for the Sega Saturn. SOE also owned by SCE makes PC games which are non Sony platforms.

Not saying it is happening with this title but being owned by Sony doesn't necessarily mean the game is exclusive to Sony platforms.

Top Bottom