• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch at 4.7 million | ARMS: 1.18 Million, Zelda: 3.92M, Mario Kart 3.54M

linko9

That's an insane attach rate for both Zelda and MK. Would be interesting to know attach rates for Mario 64 and other high profile launch games at this point after launch.

Zedark

AAAARRRMMMSSS!!!!!!

Much better than I thought, it's a genuine hit! Great numbers for only 2 weeks of sales!

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is insane too, and BOTW is mad as well. Nintendo having some great results!

Ninja Dom

Great numbers. And that's as of June 30. So do you reckon we can predict Switch sales at 5 million right now as Splatoon 2 has launched?

A console that's has Nintendo games and is both and home and portable was always going to be successful but it truly has become a monster.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Holy crap. Almost 90% of switch owners own Zelda Switch. Only Nintendo can command this kind of attach rate.

So with Wii U sales for BOTW, its total is easily above 5 million right? And that numbers definitely going to go up once the holidays roll around. Also the Arms number is impressive, but deserved imo. That game is fantastic.

Roo

So so happy ARMS is officially a million seller. Hopefully all the DLC keeps the community alive for a long time.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Very very solid results. 10 million Switches is certainly doable in the first year.
Actually I was wondering if the 10 million prediction was made because Nintendo knows they'll get that amount of Switch made during the year or if the memory shortage might jeopardize that target.

EDIT : Great for Arms, I feel like Nintendo did good by releasing it in between MK8DX and Splatoon 2.

kami_sama

Dayum. How come zelda's attach rate isn't higher?
Also those numbers for mk8 are great, but el what impressed me the most are ARMS numbers.
I though it would be small bomb.

Kind of surprised about ARMS. I haven't really been following that game, and kind of assumed its appeal would have suffered similarly to other fighting games in recent years. I'm assuming Injustice 2 was the best selling fighter recently, so do we have any numbers of that game to put into context?

jonno394

Close to 2m shippedd for Switch is a great result, I was expecting 1.5-1.7m.

Arms selling over 1m is great news too.

Insane attach rates for Zelda and Mario Kart, and a solid debut for Arms- I reckon that 2-3 million could establish it as a franchise that Nintendo will revisit at some point.

Top Bottom