• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy | Villains Trailer

Boss Fights Boyz

a1e4f6684b.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaV3vcg1tcc

MrBadger

I don't really like how Ripper Roo sounds like a Minion. I've always seen him as a kinda creepy character. Other than that this is basically perfect

Roo

I'm going to miss Ripper Roo's crazy laugh from the original. That was like.. they only thing I liked about that boss battle lol

Anyway, the rest of the bosses look amazing.
Love Tiny's new design

Yukinari

I like how they throw in giant polar bear. Clearly a major villain.

And yeah losing Ripper Roo's laugh is a crime considering how iconic it is. It made the battle in crash 2 even better when he switched between personalities.

Zubz

Banned
I'm excited about Ripper Roo in HD, but I don't like the new laugh. Maybe it's just because of how much I grew up with it.

Speaking of Ripper Roo's laugh, does anybody know if they sampled it for LocoRoco? I've been playing remastered and I swear I heard it there, I think it was the last level of world 1, just sporadically in the background.

Here's the song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DRf4RN9zJE

I'm excited about Ripper Roo in HD, but I don't like the new laugh. Maybe it's just because of how much I grew up with it.

And yeah losing Ripper Roo's laugh is a crime considering how iconic it is. It made the battle in crash 2 even better when he switched between personalities.

It's a stock sound. That's why you hear it everywhere. Its most famous usage was a hyena in Lady and the Tramp.

I like how they throw in giant polar bear. Clearly a major villain.

Convinced that was a troll move because they did the bosses in order making it seem like you'd see some of Warped.

I like that every villain has a name until the last one where they're like GIANT POLAR BEAR.

It suffices.

They could have called it "Bearminator" and made Crash Bash confusingly canonical, causing a ripple effect of terrible shitposting throughout the Crash Bandicoot fanbase.

Pizza

They could have called it "Bearminator" and made Crash Bash confusingly canonical, causing a ripple effect of terrible shitposting throughout the Crash Bandicoot fanbase.

Well if they did that then I'd lead the charge on getting RillaRoo in the CTR remake

jrmanimal

Papu Papu - He looks smaller, I think. I still like it.
Ripper Roo - Looks awesome, but I miss the old FUCKING CRAZY sounds he made before
Tiny Tiger - PERFECT...like super damn awesome. I want a CTR even more now.
Koala Kong - I thought he was bland in the original, he looks cooler now.
Pinstripe and the Komodo bros are looking fine too.

Can't wait for the game!

I hope they show a bit of Warped at E3

I don't remember what Papu Papu looked like, but I'm pretty sure he didn't look that idiotic. Did he even have a detailed face in Crash or CTR?

Yep, saving the best to give it one last blow out before it releases. I know a lot of people who only played Warped, so I know more people will get on board with this once they see the Tiger and the Bike.

Sony's E3 is June 13(right?) and the game comes out June 30th. Bit of a short notice though! But I agree with you.

PaulloDEC

Aww, y'all are being too hard on Ripper and his new laugh. It's different for sure, but I think it's in the spirit of the original.

I think the character models are all looking great too. Nice to finally get a look at Tiny!

Aww, y'all are being too hard on Ripper and his new laugh. It's different for sure, but I think it's in the spirit of the original.

I think the character models are all looking great too. Nice to finally get a look at Tiny!

I agree with this despite thinking the old one was 'iconic' to the character -- simply because at least now it's truly unique to Ripper Roo. It's not a stock sound you hear in 40 different things.

PaulloDEC

I agree with this despite thinking the old one was 'iconic' to the character -- simply because at least now it's truly unique to Ripper Roo. It's not a stock sound you hear in 40 different things.

That's a great point.

I mean, I know what everyone is saying because a part of me feels the same. My inner child wants everything to sound exactly like it used to as well. But this long lead-up to launch has been a great opportunity to try to let go of some of that pickiness and be grateful for the cool thing we're getting.

Tapejara

It's amazingly scary how accurate this is

Yeah, VV is definitely nailing it. The updated Tiny intro is the best of bunch imo.

I also like the new Ripper Roo laugh. The old one was great because it was so over the top, but the new one is very faithful to the original.

Top Bottom