• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

pacman85

Speaking of OG Xbox BC... I really wonder when that will start to happen.
I'm pretty sure they have said it's coming "this Fall" which doesn't technically even start until tomorrow and lasts until December 21st so they have a few more months to get it ironed out.

Justinh

The following Xbox 360 games are now compatible on Xbox One:

-Halo 3
-Halo 3: ODST
-Halo 4
-Halo Anniversary

Sweet. I still need to beat Halo 4 on Legendary and the last chase in Anniversary with like... a minute to spare or something. I don't think I'll be able to get the Vidmaster challenge achievements in ODST, though.

Akai__

I'm pretty sure they have said it's coming "this Fall" which doesn't technically even start until tomorrow and lasts until December 21st so they have a few more months to get it ironed out.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Fall is loooooooooooooong. haha :D

NaviLink

So a bunch of back compat 360 games I own just got updates around 500MB each. Games like Perfect Dark HD, Beyong Good & Evil HD...

Is this Xbox one X related? Texture packs? Something else?

So a bunch of back compat 360 games I own just got updates around 500MB each. Games like Perfect Dark HD, Beyong Good & Evil HD...

Is this Xbox one X related? Texture packs? Something else?
Likely nothing particularly noteworthy. They’re bumping everything up to the August 2017 build or newer. Odds are they’re just setting a new baseline build. They did this last summer with the June 2016 emulator build. Most games should basically be the same as before, but some may get minor performance boosts from 14+ months of accumulated work on the emulator.

Also, BC updates are basically always that size. They replace the full emulator, which is about a half-gig.

Does anyone know when my Xbox should update to download the latest Xbox 360 games?

The last games in my list are The Walking Dead games. Is this a glitch?

Izuna

Banned
MS if you don't put this game on your OG XBOX BC is a waste of everyone's time.

tEqXQLb.gif

Figments

I hope this all means that Halo 1 and 2 will be one of the first titles supported by the OG Xbox program. And that Halo 2 gets its Live turned on.

And that Modern Warfare 3 is coming next week.

:D

;-;

Justinh

No, like I said earlier. I think my xbox is glitch. I don't see any new selections for the game list for 360.

go to the in-game marketplace (start game>settings>marketplace) and "buy" them there. they should be free if you already have them, and it'll tell you after you do to go to manage game to install them. They'll show up there afterwards.

I had to do the same thing for each and every car pack for Forza Horizon 1 and Gears 2 or 3 season pass. It was really tedious.

Can't go back to normal Halo 3. MCC just has too many perks.

Frame rate, image quality and custom controls just make it difficult to go back. Still nice to see the game it it's original form.

If anything it's just made me really want Halo Reach to get the MCC treatment. Which is something I'd finally learned to accept isn't happening.

EDIT - The Essentials disc from Halo Collectors Edition doesn't work. This is an outrage!

Got home from work, turn on the One, notice my ready to install list is +1. I had halo 3 even though I never bought it. Man Ms is the best.

Keinning

microsoft i'm getting really upset with your shit right now

stop adding stuff for other people, check my still not BC games and prioritize them asap

what the hell is a halo

EBE

I remember being really enamored with it and playing it straight for the first month.

Then I just fell off after that.
Updates made it really good in the later months but the player base had left by then. Which is a damn shame
Definitely gonna try and get a few matches in
The MCC is just way too neutered in terms of game modes

EBE

I got very good at Halo 4 actually. It's playing it now because It's not like the first three games but it certainly isn't five. I need to go back and play it.
I'm just not a fan of Halo 5s arena. Maps aren't there for me. Weapon sandbox is pretty good though

FyreWulff

Cool, time to check a couple of those games and see how well they've been emulated.

edit: Halo 3 is not in my Ready To Install anywhere?... edit2: oh, guess you have to manually go get them

edit3: "Halo 3 is currently not available"

edit4: apparently just had to wait for it to pop into Ready To Install

Toa TAK

Banned
Okay, I have all the DLC downloaded by now the actual game isn't reading them. What gives?

Updates made it really good in the later months but the player base had left by then. Which is a damn shame
Definitely gonna try and get a few matches in
The MCC is just way too neutered in terms of game modes

I remember they nerfed the DMR for whatever reason. It was kinda nice to have another option besides the BR be the dominant rifle of Halo.

Chitown B

too bad I sold all my discs years ago. Never bought them digital - played Halo 3 mostly and they said not to install it. I guess they fixed that issue?

FyreWulff

too bad I sold all my discs years ago. Never bought them digital - played Halo 3 mostly and they said not to install it. I guess they fixed that issue?

Installing it on the 360 would slow down your load times, but otherwise didn't cause any actual bad issues.

And no, it was never fixed, because Halo 3 was super optimized to handle the situation the 360 was in at the time.

ODST and Reach could be installed and had faster load times because they had the benefit of being made aware of installation being a thing.

Anyway, they made Halo 3 (and Reach) Games With Gold a while back, so a lot of people have those via that.

Installing it on the 360 would slow down your load times, but otherwise didn't cause any actual bad issues.

And no, it was never fixed, because Halo 3 was super optimized to handle the situation the 360 was in at the time.

ODST and Reach could be installed and had faster load times because they had the benefit of being made aware of installation being a thing.

Anyway, they made Halo 3 (and Reach) Games With Gold a while back, so a lot of people have those via that.

Installing H3 to a flash drive also fixed this issue.

FyreWulff

Installing H3 to a flash drive also fixed this issue.

yeah. the exact issue was that Halo 3 always copies data to the hard drive when you load a map or campaign level. So it was copying the data to the same drive the data was already on, it halved the throughput.

This is also why you couldn't install Titanfall 360 at first - they used the disc drive and the HDD in tandem like a RAID array for more throughput. After a while they just said fuck it and let you install it + buy it digitally.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Never liked the Halo games, but I hear ODST is a little different. Any thoughts about it from a non-Halo fan?

More chill. That's the best thing. Much more relaxing and you have time to poke around.

I liked ODST a lot.

Loxley

Never liked the Halo games, but I hear ODST is a little different. Any thoughts about it from a non-Halo fan?

It's slower-paced much more atmospheric than the other Halo games. The story is played out through flashbacks, which is also unique to the series. It also has, in my opinion, some of Marty O'Donnell's best soundtrack work in the entire franchise. But it still does feel very much like a Halo game, so if the other Bungie games didn't grab you from a gameplay perspective, I'm not sure ODST will either.

But hey, for a lot of Halo fans it's their favorite game in the series, at least from a single-player perspective. Personally, I love it.

Top Bottom