• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

- THR: Casey Bloys interview
You've only got 13 more episodes at this point. Does Thrones tell a complete story? Do you already know how it ends?

Well let's put it this way, the guys know very well the story that they want to tell. They have had a good idea of how they want to end their story for a very long time, so we're just excited to have them do that.

The original idea was 15 more episodes, and now you're getting two fewer. What happened?

There was never ever really a set plan. I think, honestly, some things kind of leaked in the press or may have been said here or there. They had an idea of where they wanted the arc to go, but in terms of the number of episodes, the number or the length of episodes, that has never been a hard number. I imagine the story is dictating for them how many episodes is right for them.

You've announced six more episodes for the final season, and there's no airdate time frame. Given what you know about the pace of production and working with Benioff and Weiss, is it likely 2018 or 2019?

I can't really speculate on that. All I will tell you is it is obviously a very ambitious season. This is the culmination of eight seasons of fantastic storytelling. They are writing, and they need to look at the production schedule, and we will take their lead in terms of the airdate that works best for them. They don't even know; they are still putting the season together. And as you can imagine, it's a very complicated show to produce, so it's not like putting together a production schedule for a sitcom that shoots on the stage. It shoots all over the world and takes a long time to figure out where, when and how to shoot. So they're in the process of doing that, and they'll let us know.

Have you kicked the tires about how the final six episodes could air? Could they be weekly? Could you space them out and split them like Mad Men's final season?

We haven't gotten into to the airing plans. I don't anticipate anything totally unusual, but again, until we figure out the production schedule, everything is going to come from that.

Would you rule out airing in theaters? Or having some kind of theatrical release, maybe Imax?

I would. This is for subscribers.

There's also a bunch on the spinoff series in the interview, and I posted that bit in the appropriate thread.

CassSept

The Ringer: The Definitive ‘Game of Thrones’ Episode Rankings

Certainly not "definitive" in any objective sense, but I agree with their very top and rock bottom picks.

Nice one on them calling Winds of Winter as top 1 episode, it was a tremendous season finisher that managed to finish reigniting my interest in continuing the series. Top 10 seems solid and I'm glad Battle of the Bastards is relatively low, amazing production values for sure but the episode could have been better.

KahooTs

Them talking of arcs and knowing how they want "their" story to end is amusing. Just go CGI some fucking dragons already, you're fooling no-one.

bitbydeath

So who's watch do you think is ending this season?

Petyr - There's already foreshadowing of Robin taking him out and I expect no less.

Robin - The boys getting old.

Cersei - She holds back both Jamie and even the Mountain from joining the larger fight, she could be good finale material.

Arya - It will be sad but she seems at odds with what's coming.

Brienne - This is just me being hopeful...

Grey worm - and his entire army, I suspect things to get quite dire near the end.

I could see Zombie Mountain taking out Grey Worm and Dario in the same fight. Make things look scary / dire for Dany.

I think Peter Baelish makes it to next year.

The Sand Snakes and their mom die this year but Lady Olenna lives.

My long shot is that either Sansa or Arya don't make it out of this year.

(I don't know how to spell these names.)

Wait, did Dario get left in Mereen to keep order? I'd forgotten.

None of my predictions will be right so I'll keep them as they are. What difference does it make?

Turin

Banned
Yep. Daario stays behind. Probably no reason to bring him back unless they just want to kill him for fun.

Edit:

99% sure Littlefinger kicks the bucket.

50% on Cersei

mantidor

Still have the final episode to rewatch, but that's what I recall happening off the top of my head.

He did, which is kind of absurd, because Meereen and the whole bay is the most fragile place politically speaking and Dany leaving with her dragons means almost immediate restoration of slavers and their trade. She burned one ship, that's all her dragons did, and they left. Daario is cool and everything but he is far from enough to maintain peace there.

But the show will just forget about it, for certain.

edit: Your avatar makes me sad D:

Chumley

Banned
Cersei is the last big antagonist so I think they'll probably wait till next season to kill her. Littlefinger is gone though.

What I want to know is how Dany doesn't just steamroll over everyone in a matter of days. Every force is depleted in Westeros, it doesn't make sense how the Lannisters could stand a chance unless Dany is profoundly incompetent and her Dragons fuck up.

Apt101

Book readers already breaking out their old crutches. Time to start filling up the ignore list again.

Terrific idea about adding someone to my ignore list :D

Daario didn't come to Westeros iirc

Core cast most likely to bite in season in my opinion: Littlefinger and Theon

I think it's safe to assume the cast will be carved down to the bare minimum by the time this season concludes. All of those guys and gals with Jon Snow, anyone who isn't crucial to Dany's narrative, etc. Gotta save some money for the effects and huge set pieces at the very least.

CloudWolf

Ah, sorry, yeah, Daario 2.

daario-game-of-thrones.jpg

On the Official Malcolm McDowell Ability to Project Danger and Menace Scale

he's somewhere in the Brendan Fraser decile.

The new generation of Dutch actors is so damn disappointing. We had Rutger Hauer dammit and now we have clowns like this.

Petyr - There's already foreshadowing of Robin taking him out and I expect no less.

Knowing the GOT writers, he will be killed by Sansa.

I could see Zombie Mountain taking out Grey Worm and Dario in the same fight. Make things look scary / dire for Dany.

Dany is a big problem. It's pretty much impossible to create any kind of tension for her since her dragons are so much more powerful than anything in Westeros. They pretty much have to kill off at least two of the dragons early.

Robin - The boys getting old.

Cersei - She holds back both Jamie and even the Mountain from joining the larger fight, she could be good finale material.

Arya - It will be sad but she seems at odds with what's coming.

Brienne - This is just me being hopeful...

Grey worm - and his entire army, I suspect things to get quite dire near the end.

Not a chance in hell that Littlefinger is taken out by Robin. He's going to compromise himself by doing something stupid and not at all Littlefinger-ish and people will credit 'Darth Sansa' for outplaying him. I guarantee it. He'll put a crossbow to his head and tell Sansa that when he pulls the trigger she's to push him out of the way so the bolt hits Jon, which she won't do but will be credited as a political mastermind for it.

NeoGiff

Not a chance in hell that Littlefinger is taken out by Robin. He's going to compromise himself by doing something stupid and not at all Littlefinger-ish and people will credit 'Darth Sansa' for outplaying him. I guarantee it. He'll put a crossbow to his head and tell Sansa that when he pulls the trigger she's to push him out of the way so the bolt hits Jon, which she won't do but will be credited as a political mastermind for it.

I wouldn't be surprised if we never even see Robin again.

God damn it. I'm going to blame you when this actually happens.

He posted the same thing on his blog last night. http://grrm.livejournal.com/543080.html

It's almost certainly nothing.
Womp womp. It's just a youtube fan vid as a pilot for a Doom of Valyria series:

- Game of Thrones Prequel - Doom of Valyria - Animated Pilot (unofficial)
For 5,000 years, the Valyrian Freehold ruled the world, until its surrounding volcanoes obliterated it from history. But, what truly destroyed Valyria?
WiCnet said:
YouTuber Patrick McCarthy's Doom of Valyria, an animated short film about the cataclysmic event that obliterated the most powerful empire in the World of Ice and Fire at the height of its magnificence.

Top Bottom