• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

So the digital copy will be available on the PS4 store at Midnight in your region? Sorry I'm a little confused and overly excited.

For instance. PSN server structure has US all on one series of servers. That means that it launches at midnight EST.

Edit: Did not mean to say everything is on one server. That would be ridiculous.

EB AUSTRALIA has changed the release date to 27th March, from the 20th.

*RAGE*

Anybody know if Psn will have this downloadable on day 1? Since it's only going to be around 3-4gigs, might cancel my order through Eb and go through Psn.

A bunch of retailers here in NZ (including EB) have it as the 27th as well. PSN is still listed as the 20th. Not sure if the PSN/retail price difference is as big in Aus as it is here.

Linconan

A bunch of retailers here in NZ (including EB) have it as the 27th as well. PSN is still listed as the 20th. Not sure if the PSN/retail price difference is as big in Aus as it is here.

Thanks.
I'll contact Sony and see if it'll stay and/or be available for aussies on Psn the 20th.

Shits me beyond belief that people work on a certain date only to be changed in the last week before release. And only then, be tormented by other people playing it already and earlier.
*bangs head on desk*

Thanks.
I'll contact Sony and see if it'll stay and/or be available for aussies on Psn the 20th.

Shits me beyond belief that people work on a certain date only to be changed in the last week before release. And only then, be tormented by other people playing it already and earlier.
*bangs head on desk*

The same thing happened with Rising last year didn't it? (Well, only in Australia, there wasn't a delay here for some reason.)

It's probably something to do with shipping.

As a reminder I would advise against anyone planning on streaming/posting videos until the first wide launch of the game on the 18th, we will be on the lookout for unsolicited streams of the game until the game releases.

By all means, if you receive a copy of the game, enjoy, but try not to spoil things for others prior to wide release. Then stream to your heart's content after Tuesday at midnight.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
As a reminder I would advise against anyone planning on streaming/posting videos until the first wide launch of the game on the 18th, we will be on the lookout for unsolicited streams of the game until the game releases.

By all means, if you receive a copy of the game, enjoy, but try not to spoil things for others prior to wide release. Then stream to your heart's content after Tuesday at midnight.

So what about Europe?
Why won't you stop streams until EU/AUS gets the game too?

Kuro

So what about Europe?
Why won't you stop streams until EU/AUS gets the game too?

image.php

Mellahan

Concerned about dinosaur erection.
Man, I wish places near me broke street dates. Hoping to scout out Sears, Target, BB and whatever this weekend. Maybe find a mom & pop store.

seeing that spoiler thread constantly on the front page is killing me.

what are they talking about so much? it must be good. or maybe its awful.

4 more days...

Arttemis

Jack Bauer is indeed very awesome. What season are you on?

I think we'll get used to Kiefer in the role eventually but I still don't think we've heard the last of a Hayter voiced 'Snake' Also agreed, we need a "DAMN IT!"

Finishing up season 7 in the next two hours, and at my rate, I'll probably have season 8 finished by Wednesday!

I'm actually really eager to hear a Hayter/young Snake vs Sutherland/Big Boss stand off in (hopefully) the Metal Gear remakes... It'd be an overload of grizzled badass!

co1onel

seeing that spoiler thread constantly on the front page is killing me.

what are they talking about so much? it must be good. or maybe its awful.

4 more days...

I get so sad just thinking about all of the discussion I'm missing out on. But only 5 more days now...

Caode

Finishing up season 7 in the next two hours, and at my rate, I'll probably have season 8 finished by Wednesday!

I'm actually really eager to hear a Hayter/young Snake vs Sutherland/Big Boss stand off in (hopefully) the Metal Gear remakes... It'd be an overload of grizzled badass!

I really enjoyed Season 7, a kind of return to form after Season 6. At least you don't have to wait too long for the new season of 24, two months to go! Yeah that would be interesting to see for sure. We can only hope.

Con_Smith

Banned
No way to pre order a digital copy on the PS4? Looked on the system and site and saw nothing but the PS3 copy as an option.

tookhster

I'm watching the Kojima interview and it's hilarious seeing Kojima and his translator cracking up at and reacting to people's Twitter handles.

Purexed

Banned
Just finished it... gaaaawd damn! Do yourself a favor and avoid any possible spoilers.

PS4 version is butter smooth BTW.

-Deimos

atm they're talking about whether or not Portable Ops is cannon.

But yeah, big spoilers/avoid.

Way ahead of you. GZ isn't coming to PC anytime soon so I doubt I'll ever read the thread anyway. And whether or not PO is canon won't really affect the story at all imo. PO's story is pretty self contained.

DJwest

Just finished it... gaaaawd damn! Do yourself a favor and avoid any possible spoilers.

PS4 version is butter smooth BTW.
Impressions with no story spoilers please. Hope that you enjoyed the game. How long did it take ? Was it better than MGS2's tanker segment? How was the gameplay? Did you enjoy the new mechanics ?

MrDenny

Beat the game in a little under 2 hours.
Looks and runs beautifully on PS4.
Controlls took awhile to get use to since I'm use to L1 & R1 being aim and shoot on dual shock 3.
I've been detected so many times, there wasn't many enemies left near the end of the game haha.

TheLight

Whatever PO is canonically, it was so weird. People from all over the MG series come in as playable characters and some are re imagined(Null) so if that is canon that opens up a ton of shit.

Not to mention how dismissive Kojima seems when it comes to PO, it's really weird why he still considers it canon.

Whatever PO is canonically, it was so weird. People from all over the MG series come in as playable characters and some are re imagined(Null) so if that is canon that opens up a ton of shit.

Not to mention how dismissive Kojima seems when it comes to PO, it's really weird why he still considers it canon.

In yesterday's interview with Keighley, Kojima says it is and it isn't canon. He didn't write the story, so there are some minor details that aren't canon, but the events and overall story of PO take place in the MGS timeline and are canon.

Mozz-eyes

Banned
Huh. I'm getting the Japanese version, anyone know if it has English subtitles?

Moved over here recently but my language isn't good enough to decipher nanomachines and nukes.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

You know, I appreciate Konami asking people not to spoil the game, or stream it. But if you considered it so important for the wider audience to enjoy it at the same time, perhaps you could have put some controls on the sales start for the disc?

Also, screw Europe, wider market = US?

misteroms

Banned
1394786463-photo.jpg

Finished the "main mission" in about 50 minutes. Even though I was playing the "720p under rated version" the new gen effect has been clearly felt !

A very good starter to get hyped before the Phantom Pain !

Top Bottom