• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360 Slim - $299. 250GB, built in Wifi. Available now.

Costanza

Banned
slim-hands-01-top.jpg

Wish there was a price drop too.. I won't upgrade at that price.

Einbroch

Banned
Isn't this...really bad timing? They should launch the system with Natal or something, not phase it in like this.

Or am I wrong?

Looks a ton better in the pic there, and hiding it inside the other 360... very clever. :lol

This week? Considering a purchase.

Diablos54

Depending on the U.K. price I may pick this up. I miss my 360, and the Slim looks nice. That, and wireless is always a plus. :D

Very odd design IMO, not sure if I like it or not. However, Kudos to Microsoft for actually keeping a damn secret for once. I don't even think pics leaked out until late last night.

I would have double dipped in a few months if they went $200. Already got the slim for $300 so no dice.

RurouniZel said:
Sold. So glad I waited.

Waiting for 4 years just for a slim?

Think of all the games you missed out on throughout the years.

I criticised this, like most, but the design from the new angles doesn't look bad at all. It's actually quite nice. If there are trade-ins I will definitely consider this.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Shit... $299? I was really looking forward to this, but that's a bit steep. I was hoping for $200 or $220 or something. Guess I'll be waiting till September (right before Reach).

Gameboy415

I kinda want one, but am I the only one that feels like $299 is a way too much for a (re-designed, but essentially identical) 4-year old console?

Redbeard

Banned
Looks incredibly ugly and the price is still $299

WiFi is a nice addition (way late, but whatever), but this is nothing to get excited about.

I was expecting more from the slim

Costanza

Banned
Einbroch said:
Isn't this...really bad timing? They should launch the system with Natal or something, not phase it in like this.

Or am I wrong?
You're right. This should've been a bundle WITH natal for $299.

Banned
Einbroch said:

Or am I wrong?

Price drop with Kinect. Looks awesome.

Cday

Banned
NullPointer said:
Tell me it doesn't have the same shitty disk drive that just killed my second xbox.

Judging by that conference it doesn't seem Microsoft actually intends us to play games so I doubt they care about improving disc drives.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
VGChampion said:
Waiting for 4 years just for a slim?

Think of all the games you missed out on throughout the years.

I didn't miss much, I already own Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey. I bought a 360 to play those and then promptly sold it to wait for a newer (hopefully RRoD free) model.

Looks like I made the right decision.

Medalion

Banned
I already has a 360 phat, this news is meh... never liked wireless anyways. And it's not that smaller for me to care. Maybe if I get another red ring...

McHuj

For 299, it needs a bluray player to justify that cost. imo, if Sony drops the price, xbox is in trouble.

Holy hell. I kept watching the table with the current 360, expecting him to pick up the slim and place it next to it, then my jaw dropped when he uncovered it instead.

My 360 was destroyed in a flood a couple of weeks ago, so this is perfect. :)

Day 1...

Top Bottom