• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red hair looks bad, hoping we can change it.
large.gif

Abelard

Yes, lots. They are needed for crafting carrying capacity upgrades. Off the top of my head that I've seen;

Foxes
Rats
Raccoons
Boars
Rabbits
IBirds
Numerous types of insects

Hmm, kinda surprised there are no deer, like I know there are metal stags but having deer is most standard in these kind of open world games. And wolves.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Have it preloaded. Ready to go for tomorrow night. Haven't turned the PS4 on in a long time and am glad to have a good reason.

Tyaren

Awesome OT! Have been playing the game since yesterday and taken so many pics. It's really good. You guys are in for a treat. :)

For somebody that just came off playing Nioh, do you think it's best to put Horizon on hard mode, or is normal challenging enough. I've tried to avoid spoilers and such so I know very little from previews/reviews.

Amazon is tripping. Ship me my game damn it. I'll be in the happening bunker until then. I haven't heard or seen much about HDR in this game, but I'll see for myself come Tuesday.

For somebody that just came off playing Nioh, do you think it's best to put Horizon on hard mode, or is normal challenging enough. I've tried to avoid spoilers and such so I know very little from previews/reviews.

I played on hard and miami wesker played on very hard.

I died a fair bit and I'm a seasoned gamer. I think my difficulty mode felt just right.

lt519

Man I want to play this so bad, but I'm gonna have to wait a month or two. Sad I'll miss all the release hype.

David___

Banned
Haven't gotten a game for the PS4 since Rocket League launched. Gonna treat myself with this over my spring break in two weeks

O_Atoll

My copy just shipped 20 minutes ago via Amazon. Can't wait. Too bad I can only play it late at night for a couple hours at a time.

Wadiwasi

Banned
Oh my goodness, the images in the photo thread are amazing. I knew that I would buy this game, so I haven't seen too much of it. I never expected it to look as good as it does.

I am seriously tempted to buy a Pro now

Very well done OT! Snapmaws look so awesome.

This is my programs reading week, so I'll be able to fully immerse myself for hours without consequence. Can't wait.

shmoglish

Sigh... After 90 hours playthrough will suffer (just lost le Nioh already does). But this is exactly my cup of tea. I love the setting, the gameplay looks good and the graphics are amazing. Really happy that this game seems to be a good one.

KC Denton

Hmm, kinda surprised there are no deer, like I know there are metal stags but having deer is most standard in these kind of open world games. And wolves.

Honestly I'll be very happy if there are no (regular, non-robot) wolves in Horizon. I'm kind of sick of seeing them as enemies in open world games, they're way too overused, much like zombies.

Robot wolves with laser beams and a chainsaw for a face would be a significant improvement in being fun to fight, at least.

ActWan

I gotta say, this is probably the prettiest open world game I've ever seen.
The models and faces don't reach Uncharted 4 levels, but the environments sure come close...and it's fucking open world!
Also the machines are sooo detailed and the lens flare effect during gameplay is insane.
Amazing.

Wonderful OT Shinobi, thank you!
I'm so eager to finally play this, can't believe I'm only touching this on Wednesday after work.

I still don't know how to judge the hype for this game outside of gaf

The hype is everywhere for Playstation community.
The overwhelming amazing reviews sent it into the stratosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom