• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edge 172 scores

Couldn't find these elsewhere.

PSP - Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops - 7
Wii - Elebits - 7
Wii - Far Cry Vengeance - 3
Wii - Ennichi No Tatsujin - 4
Wii - Kororinpa - 6
360 - Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 - 5
360 - Earth Defence Force 3 - 6
PS3 - Full Auto 2 - 5
PS2, PSP - Free Running - 7
DS - Final Fantasy III - 6
DS - Kirby: Squeak Squad - 7
PC - Sam and Max Ep 2 - 6

Main features are about PC gaming, and it's relative lack of media recognition in spite of the huge number of people playing games on them.

Fady K

TheGreatDave said:
Couldn't find these elsewhere.

PSP - Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops - 7
Wii - Elebits - 7
Wii - Far Cry Vengeance - 3
Wii - Ennichi No Tatsujin - 4
Wii - Kororinpa - 6
360 - Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 - 5
360 - Earth Defence Force 3 - 6
PS3 - Full Auto 2 - 5
PS2, PSP - Free Running - 7
DS - Final Fantasy III - 6
DS - Kirby: Squeak Squad - 7
PC - Sam and Max Ep 2 - 6

Main features are about PC gaming, and it's relative lack of media recognition in spite of the huge number of people playing games on them.

MGS:pO a 7?? FFIII a 6??

Edge sucks.

Kabouter

TheGreatDave said:
Bingo.
And them reviewing only one PC game in a month is a great illustration of that point.

If you accept Twilight Princess as a 9 and Gears of War as an 8 (which I think it got in Edge) a 7 for anything doesn't = bad.

MGS closers:
"It's a superb fit for it's format, and despite it's frustrations is never less than absorbing, but a thorough rethink of the interface and the implications of it's innovative design might have made it effortlessly so, and turned it in to the standard-bearer PSP needs"

Jacobi said:
Does that mean... Earth Defense Force 3 is coming out in Europe ?

TBC UK and US.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
EDF looks great - wtf. FFIII a 6?

EDGE really does suck, magazines in the UK are going down the drain, Future publishing ftl. Nunchuk has rumble?? Thank you very much!

Aaron

Add a 1 to EDGE scores and they seem to jive with the general concensus. They're just a little harder on games, that's all.

R0nn

Fady K said:
MGS:pO a 7?? FFIII a 6??

Edge sucks.

Once again, EDGE scoresystem != IGN/Gamespot/whatever scoresystem

A 6 in EDGE is actually 'decent' while a 7 means 'good'. So yeah, I think they scored those games fairly (though MGS:pO could've been an 8).

Add a 1 to EDGE scores and they seem to jive with the general concensus. They're just a little harder on games, that's all.

They're not necessarily harder on games, they just use the 1-10 range for what it should be (6 being decent and worth a purchase). Unlike most other media where a game is only worth it if it scores at least an 8.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I think the most interesting bit of this issue is what they've got in the "Next Issue" page...

I wont say, but my avatar is a hint.

bud

TTP said:
I think the most interesting bit of this issue is what they've got in the "Next Issue" page...

explosion%2022.JPG

Borys

Banned
TheGreatDave said:

Lovely scores all around (Far Cry Wii = 3/10 :lol).

So very true on the PC gaming part. Thousands of people were lining up at midnight for Burning Crusade, millions are playing WoW and gaming media totally and I mean TOTALLY ignore that. They just don't see it.

TTP said:

Interesting, their next issue page is always cryptic .. sort of. :p

Yoboman

TTP said:

WHY WON'T YOU SAY IT?

It makes no sense you bastard

TTP said:

I can see where you're coming from. Is there a particular image that the back page was cut off??

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Bud said:
what do they say about it besides the OMG WEVE GOT TEH WORLD EXCLUSIV

They dont say. There's just a camo-like background (looks like a closeup of shinkawa artwork) with a huge "4" (same font used for the MGS4 title) on it.

Believe me. It's it ;)

TTP said:
They dont say. There's just a camo-like background (looks like a closeup of shinkawa artwork) with a huge "4" (same font used for the MGS4 title) on it.

Believe me. It's it ;)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
step away and look again. the 4 is camo'ed. goes from the top to the bottom of the page.

Kabouter

XSamu said:
Why is everyone complaining about Ubisoft? I mean, only their Wii support is rubbish, but the PS3 and 360 support is top notch....

The fact that every game is positively full of bugs?
Micro-transaction bullshit?
Cancelling PS3 games?
Cheap PC ports with absurd minimum specs?

TTP said:
step away and look again. the 4 is como'ed. goes from the top to the bottom of the page.

Man, its definatly MGS4 exclusive, that is awesome. I just scanned the image, enchanced it, and pasted the 4 font from the official logo, and it fits like a glove.

Im trying to identify the art now.

I can't post up the scan can i?

XSamu

Banned
Kabouter said:
Cancelling PS3 games?
For the 360 they only released good games so far, and more good titles will be coming in the future. Those games will also be released on the PS3... If you're a Wii owner there is reason to complain, otherwise, I don't see many reasons to complain. (read= none)

Micro-transaction is done by a lot of companies... it's not specifically Ubisoft.

8bit

Knows the Score
neopokekun said:
What's the "Time Extended" and "Making Of" games?

Time Extend - Jet Set Radio Future
Making Of - Moonstone: A Hard Days Knight

(That's from rllmuk, I don't have the magazine.)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
:)

Issue is out on Feb 15th btw. I wonder if it's just EDGE covering the game exclusively or there is a MGS4 media blowout planned for around that date. I wouldnt mind a new video.

jarosh

XSamu said:
For the 360 they only released good games so far, and more good titles will be coming in the future. Those games will also be released on the PS3... If you're a Wii owner there is reason to complain, otherwise, I don't see many reasons to complain. (read= none)

Micro-transaction is done by a lot of companies... it's not specifically Ubisoft.
if you're a psp owner there's reason to complain. and splinter cell 360 ****ing sucked

Kabouter said:
Cancelling PS3 games?
their psp "efforts" (prince of persia, splinter cell)
king kong ds
sprung ds
splinter cell 360
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138321

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Bad_Boy said:
Anyone know whats EDGE's highest rated game ever?

Go here http://www.edge-online.co.uk/edgedb/ and do a by score search

SUPER MARIO 64 N64 Nintendo Nintendo

E35
GRAN TURISMO PlayStation Sony Polyphony Digital

E55
GRAN TURISMO (PAL) PlayStation SCEE Polyphony Digital

E59
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: OCARINA OF TIME N64 Nintendo Nintendo

E66
HALO Xbox Microsoft Bungie

E105
HALF-LIFE 2 PC Vivendi Universal Valve

E143

jarosh

XSamu said:
Yeah ok, the whole Nintendo support sucks... that may be true

But Splinter Cell on 360 was not a bad game. The visuals may not be "WOW O-o"
But it was not bad either.
the visuals are actually the best part of the game. and yes it does suck
you conveniently left out the psp part of my post...

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
TTP said:
Halo and Mario 64 IIRC. 10/10

SUPER MARIO 64 N64 Nintendo Nintendo

E35
GRAN TURISMO PlayStation Sony Polyphony Digital

E55
GRAN TURISMO (PAL) PlayStation SCEE Polyphony Digital

E59
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: OCARINA OF TIME N64 Nintendo Nintendo

E66
HALO Xbox Microsoft Bungie

E105
HALF-LIFE 2 PC Vivendi Universal Valve

E143
Thanks. I dont quite agree with their HL2 score though, but whatever. :p

XSamu

Banned
jarosh said:
the visuals are actually the best part of the game. and yes it does suck
you conveniently left out the psp part of my post...
No it does not. Most reviews contradict your opinion, and the fact I own the game and quite enjoyed the single-player contradict it as well.

The PSP part... well yeah, maybe it was easy money making. But which company doesn't make mistakes.

Anyway, I'll let you guys complain, suit yourself. I'll be playing GRAW2 and Assassins Creed this year while you guys will be complaining.

Kabouter

XSamu said:
No it does not. Most reviews contradict your opinion, and the fact I own the game and quite enjoyed the single-player contradict it as well.

The PSP part... well yeah, maybe it was easy money making. But which company doesn't make mistakes.

Anyway, I'll let you guys complain, suit yourself. I'll be playing GRAW2 and Assassins Creed this year while you guys will be complaining.

SC:DA 360 is also extremely inferior to it's current-gen counterparts.

Top Bottom