• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Someone recommended Travelers and I gotta say Thank you, it's a pretty interesting show so far.

Any more recommendations along those lines?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Yeah, I would second Continuum.

Without the time travel stuff, but a group of peeps with SciFi elements; Dark Matter.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
There is 1 hulu show I really want to see. The one with Jeffrey Donovan. Mostly cause I love Burn Notice.

Shut Eye, from its premise, could've been pretty interesting, but the acting is kind of lousy and most of the plot lines are tired tropes from all sorts of other crime dramas. I'm still moderately interested in seeing the next season (mainly because I need new things to watch during those sparse months), but you're really not missing a lot without the show in your life.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Why isn't Rick and Morty on Netflix?

Aren't a lot of the Cartoon Network and Adult Swims show on Hulu? I know Rick & Morty is, that's where I watched it. I'm going to assume they have some sort of deal with them.

im sad

I got an email to preview death note but by the time I saw it(email came at 830, saw it by 2) it was already filled

ugh

uuugggh

ugggggghhhh

feels bad

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Blush (Drama)
Chewing Gum Season 2 (TV, Comedy, Netflix Original)
Louis C.K. 2017 (Standup, Netflix Original)
Tank 432 (Action, Thriller)
Terrace House: Aloha State Part 2 (TV, Reality, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Top Gear Season 23 (TV, Reality)

https://twitter.com/AdamWingard/status/849694536020271104

Great test screening for Death Note last night. Here is a card from a 15 year old girl.

C8q4rGwU0AAdHBD.jpg:large

Alrighty then

Started doing new ratings. Makes me wish they had that old system where you could rate a bunch of titles (or marked "Not Seen"), even the ones they didn't have streaming at the time.

Started doing new ratings. Makes me wish they had that old system where you could rate a bunch of titles (or marked "Not Seen"), even the ones they didn't have streaming at the time.

Is that what the new "X% match" thing? Also noticed it no longer auto plays the next ep but goes straight back to the menu instead

holygeesus

Banned
Are the ratings gone completely? I guess I was literally the only subscriber who actually used them to make a choice on what to watch!

kevin1025

Banned
Is The Get Down this insane with the editing throughout its first six episodes? I nearly lost my consciousness with its frenetic cuts in the first 20 minutes.

berzeli

Banned
Never watch Moulin Rouge.
The Get Down is worse. Moulin Rouge at least has some semblance of intent with its frenetic editing, The Get Down is just trying to hide how poorly paced it is.
Urgh, the editing of that first episode still gives me the shivers. It might be the worst edited TV episode I've ever seen, and I've seen some truly horrible TV.

I'd recommend just bailing on it, it's not like the editing is the only problem with that show.

holygeesus

Banned
Here is a video explaining why.

Essentially, people never got that the ratings were what Netflix thought you might give the show/movie, and not the basis of how popular/good it was. So they replaced it to make it easier.

I can only speak from personal experience, but shows with a high star rating I always enjoyed, and I would have ignored a ton of shows and films, if I didn't see the high marks awarded them. This is going to have an impact on what I choose to watch, for sure, and not in a good way.

El Topo

Essentially, people never got that the ratings were what Netflix thought you might give the show/movie, and not the basis of how popular/good it was. So they replaced it to make it easier.

It baffles me how many people never got that.

berzeli

Banned
The editing in Moulin Rouge is headache inducing - I've only seen the first two episodes of The Get Down, but nothing in those episodes came close to that shit~
You're right, the editing is more intense/frenetic in Moulin Rouge, but nothing in that film made me actually yell at the screen. The Get Down made me do that, I meant "worse" in that the editing was less good than in Moulin Rouge not more frenetic.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
You're right, the editing is more intense/frenetic in Moulin Rouge, but nothing in that film made me actually yell at the screen. The Get Down made me do that, I meant "worse" in that the editing was less good than in Moulin Rouge not more frenetic.

I see. I suppose I was conflating frenetic with bad - a case of frenetic editing done well vs. just plain poor editing craft. Frenetic editing bothers me more than bad editing, apparently. :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
My limited region releases is starting to annoy me.

tomtom94

I don't like the thumbs-up-thumbs-down system for the same reasons as Youtube but the match ratings are an improvement. I wish we could have both...

EDIT: Win It All seems to be getting strong reviews for a Netflix comedy. 100% on Rotten Tomatoes and 70 on Metacritic last I checked.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Dawn of the Croods Season 3 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
Elite Brigade 1-2 (Drama)
Newtown (Doc, Social)
Strike a Pose (Doc, Music)
The Get Down Season 1 Part 2 (TV, Drama, Netflix Original)
The Lighthouse of the Orcas (Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
The Neighborhood Season 1 (TV, Drama, Comedy, Foreign)
Win It All (Romantic, Comedy, Netflix Original)

Haha, I put myself in a weird position with my non-nerdy friends when I immediately exclaimed "hey that's Evilore" after seeing him in the front row of the audience in Chappelle's second special.

holygeesus

Banned
Newtown has been on the UK Netflix for a while now and I have to ask, after having watched it - Sandy Hook denial is a real conspiracy theory with actual supporters in the US? The doc doesn't really go into that aspect, but if this event didn't happen, those involved are literally the best actors the world has ever seen.

Newtown has been on the UK Netflix for a while now and I have to ask, after having watched it - Sandy Hook denial is a real conspiracy theory with actual supporters in the US?

Not really. I mean of course you'll find some people that believe anything but that's not really a thing.

Yeah, I heard about that. It was a false flag for the government to ban guns and institute tyranny. Usually involves Photoshopping in people from other attacks.

Top Bottom