• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile Beta Thread: There Is No Sanctuary in Wraeclast

text/mobile version

01a.jpg

02a.jpg
02c.jpg

03a.jpg
03c.jpg

x1.jpg
x3.jpg

04a.jpg

05a.jpg
05c.jpg

z1.jpg

06a.jpg
06c.jpg

z2.jpg

07a.jpg
07c.jpg

z3.jpg

08a.jpg
08b.gif
08c.jpg

09a.jpg

10a.jpg
10c.jpg

11a.jpg
11c.jpg

12a.jpg
12c.jpg

13a.jpg

14a.jpg
14c.jpg

15a.jpg
15c.jpg

16a.jpg
16d.jpg
16f.jpg

17a.jpg
17c.jpg

18a.jpg
18c.jpg

19a.jpg
19c.jpg

20a.jpg
20c.jpg

21a.jpg
21d.jpg
21f.jpg

22a.jpg
22c.jpg

23a.jpg

24a.jpg
24c.jpg

25a.jpg

26a.jpg
26c.jpg

27a.jpg
27c.jpg

28a.jpg
28c.jpg

29a.jpg
29c.jpg

30a.jpg
30d.jpg
30f.jpg

31a.jpg

32a.jpg
32d.jpg

33a.jpg

34a.jpg
34d.jpg

35a.jpg

bar-neogafcommunity.jpg

Add your NeoGAF and Path of Exile usernames to the Google Spreadsheet HERE.

bar-other.jpg

Path of Exile Official Website ● YouTube ● Twitter ● Facebook

Frequently Asked Questions from the official site

Frequently Asked Questions from the Path of Exile forums

Game Mechanics Thread from the Path of Exile forums

Compilation of Grinding Gear Games interviews, video, audio, and written

Path of Exile Mumble/Teamspeak information

Unofficial Mac port information

Reddit Community - Hi guys! AlexHD here :)

Path of Exile Wiki, a fan-made resource

poestatistics.com, extensive league and ladder experience tracking and statistics

PoE Helper, an unofficial Chrome extension to help with crafting/inventory

GGGtracker, a fan-made tool that displays forum posts by GGG staff

Unofficial Offline Skill Tree Calculator, great for planning builds and theorycrafting

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Downloaded this yesterday, pretty excited to try it out but the passive tree is intimidating as hell.

What is an easy class/build to start with?

garath

Downloaded this yesterday, pretty excited to try it out but the passive tree is intimidating as hell.

What is an easy class/build to start with?

Check the official forums, there's a lot of class builds people have come up with throughout the closed beta. A lot of that will change for the open beta over time though. What's I've found is you'll want to do something ranged, even if it's a melee char you use a ranged skill with (like a lighting strike duel wield melee char). Straight up melee isn't as efficient.

Amneisac

I've been following this for a while, but never actually bothered to sign up for the open beta. The OP has convinced me to throw in my hat.

Edit: Nevermind, it's actually an OPEN beta, nice!

kinggroin

Banned
Man I can't wait to jump back into this. From what fee hours I played of the closed beta, I found it to be more Diablo-like than Diablo III. Anyone else feel the same?

Lingitiz

High level play seems so awesome in this. You really feel the progression of your character getting stronger, and the game becoming more enjoyable along the way.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Mother of God, I am excited!

RIP, Closed Beta thread

edit: Wow, this is one of the best OTs I've seen in ages! Good job BurnOutBrighter!

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
So there are currently three acts right? How many are planned?

How do the difficulties work? Is it identical to D2, where you play through the acts on the easiest difficulty, then through them on the next and so on, with loot getting progressively better as you move through the difficulties?

Sophia

So there are currently three acts right? How many are planned?

How do the difficulties work? Is it identical to D2, where you play through the acts on the easiest difficulty, then through them on the next and so on, with loot getting progressively better as you move through the difficulties?

I believe three acts are planned for the Open beta, with more acts as time passes (plan is support the game for ten years), and yes it's identical to D2 in that regards.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Is it okay if I post a list of the open beta changes that I've experienced?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Damn that OT is purty.

Very interested in this but more than likely my dinky laptop won't be able to handle it. But hey it's free to play so I'll give it a shot.

Is it okay if I post a list of the open beta changes that I've experienced?

You mean from alpha? Technically it's still under NDA though some of it has been made public on Kripp's stream. If you do post changes, bear in mind that it's not final and still subject to change.

Yoshichan

All right, should be cool!

Notes:
====

Ruthless (hell) difficulty is removed - rebalanced the game across act 3

Merveil consistantly spawns exploding fire-monsters and throws them at you

Rename/recolour stash tabs

Changed death penalties: 0% Normal, 7.5% Cruel, 15% Merciless

New resistance penalties: 0% Normal, 20% Cruel, 60% Merciless

Legendary items have been rebalanced (mostly up) in power

Prismatic Ring - 8 (lowest roll) - 12 (highest roll) to all resistance

Added Quicksilver Flask - improved movement speed by 40% for 5 seconds (20 charges per use)

Bandit leaders now grant different stat bonuses on each difficulty level (Oak 45 from 40)

Cruel Bandits: 4% Attack, 4% Cast, 12% Physical Damage

Merciless Bandits: Maximum Power Charge, Maximum Frenzy Charge, Maximum Endurance Charge

21 maximum available passives through quests, compared to current state (16 points available)

Cruel is now actually hard. The game ramps up significantly near the end of act 3, where enemies can two-shot you.

The increase in level from map to map can be insane in merciless. The early zones can go from level 52 (Mud Flats) to level 58 (Tidal Island).

New Passives
=========

New passives: Five additional passives next to CI. Four of them being "6% increased ES" and one being "30% more ES"

New passives: 15% Elemental Resistances while holding a Shield

New passives: Keystone Candidate 126 - Life Regeneration applies to Energy Shield instead of Life

Buffs
====

Haste buffed, gives movement speed (3% to ~5%)

Nerfs/Removal of stuff
===============

Granite Flasks now grants 4k armor (from 10k)

Phase Run - Gone from the game, being completely changed

Lightning Arrow - Chance to shock is removed. Number of targets is now always 3

Dual totems nerfed: Ancestral Bond - Can summon up to 1 additional totem. You can't deal damage with your skills yourself

Chaos Inoculation - Maximum Life becomes 1, Chaos Damage no longer bypasses Energy Shield.

Clarity nerfed, 2.1 Mana Per Second @ level 1 (previously 2.5). 20% nerf

Discipline nerfed, 25% less Energy Shield granted - and 25% more mana reserved

Eldritch Battery indirect nerf: Discipline is worthless (costs more mana than what it gives back with EB).

Grace nerfed, 25% more mana reserved

Anger nerfed, 40 more mana reserved (essentially making it pointless, especially early-mid game)

Chain nerfed, 50% less damage (from 40%). Chains two times (from three)

Fork nerfed, 30% less damage (from 20%)

KKRT00

Great OP for awesome game. I've got like 50-60 keys for closed beta and still payed them 50$. Totally worth it.

Damn that OT is purty.

Very interested in this but more than likely my dinky laptop won't be able to handle it. But hey it's free to play so I'll give it a shot.

Laptop with 4570 i ts6600 2.2ghz d2c runs it decently, so You will be fine.

no char wipe anymore, this is a soft release. What you get now you will have forever.

Characters you have in the closed beta will be wiped (stats, items, skills, etc.), but you'll keep the character name so you can start him/her again in open beta. Do I have that right?

Been playing this game for a long time, really excited to get back in to it.

Any word on how much community created leagues will cost? I'd be down for purchasing one for GAF if the price is reasonable enough.

Yoshichan

Characters you have in the closed beta will be wiped (stats, items, skills, etc.), but you'll keep the character name so you can start him/her again in open beta. Do I have that right?
Correct.

Sanic

I like the OT because not only is it great, but you've included a text version as well.

I'm looking forward to open beta, i've been wanting to play for a while. Still debating on if I just want to buy in now or not.

Will be nice to finally get the opportunity to play Act 3... I basically stopped playing when I beat Act 2 back in like september or october.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Whats the deal with uniques in this game? Just how rare are they?

Top Bottom