• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Thread 2: A thread on a popular internet message board

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBuddaDa

He mostly reviews awful games that no one else wants to do and sports games.

I'm curious as to why Jeff didn't do Rhythm Heaven Fever, why Brad didn't do Alan Wake's American Nightmare, and why either Brad or Ryan didn't take Darkness 2. Must have just been crazy scheduling issues.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm curious as to why Jeff didn't do Rhythm Heaven Fever, why Brad didn't do Alan Wake's American Nightmare, and why either Brad or Ryan didn't take Darkness 2. Must have just been crazy scheduling issues.

Alex probably just has more initiative. Honestly. He works for two sites and still puts out more reviews than just about anyone.

Gav47

Why is every other game being reviewed by Alex now?

Because hes a total work horse, same was true back in the GS days. They never seem to give him any of the bigger titles though, boo... Oh and hes not doing any video stuff in NY so what else can he do.

Odrion

Banned
Alex is a better writer than any of them, so that's nice.

But I come to the Giantbomb site for the Giantbomb guys, and when I want to know what the Screened guys think I go over to their site.

sixghost

Whatever you do, just don't go in that Cross Assault thread. Jeez.

I almost want Jeff to win Evo or something now.

Why? There's nothing that bad in there regarding giantbomb. Most people are complimentary of Patrick, and a few people making fun of Jeff being bad at fighting games.

I'm proud of Patrick. Just look at his take on this controversy and hold it against every other outlet that covered this shit. They don't touch his article and his openness to listen to other sides of the story from all sides of the FGC. The outreach to him on his twitter is insane.

Duffyside

Banned
Alex probably just has more initiative. Honestly. He works for two sites and still puts out more reviews than just about anyone.

There's way more to running these sites than just writing reviews, playing games, and making videos. Not saying Alex doesn't work hard, but to say he works harder or has more initiative because he's been writing more reviews lately during a new console launch and while he's no longer even even on the same coast as the company he works for is pretty absurd.

Jintor

There's way more to running these sites than just writing reviews, playing games, and making videos. Not saying Alex doesn't work hard, but to say he works harder or has more initiative because he's been writing more reviews lately during a new console launch and while he's no longer even even on the same coast as the company he works for is pretty absurd.

This is gaf dude

Zabka

Someone please tell me there's a video containing all of Ryan's "DUDUDUDUDUDUDUDU" moments.

I'm proud of Patrick. Just look at his take on this controversy and hold it against every other outlet that covered this shit. They don't touch his article and his openness to listen to other sides of the story from all sides of the FGC. The outreach to him on his twitter is insane.

Patrick is one of the few people that make me think "video game journalist" is a legit profession.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

I don't see how a new console launch is an excuse? Alex, Dave, and Jeff are the only ones who bought a Vita

Someone please tell me there's a video containing all of Ryan's "DUDUDUDUDUDUDUDU" moments.

Patrick is one of the few people that make me think "video game journalist" is a legit profession.

he has time after time proved he deserves the title, and has touched stories most wouldnt, and investigated others that most would just put aside as rumors

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?

Agreed, he's like a classic investigative journalist, I like how he rolls, we need more of this type of journalism in the games industry.

Agreed, he's like a classic investigative journalist, I like how he rolls, we need more of this type of journalism in the games industry.
It could be a summer feature: Kamp Klepek

There are four cabins lead by Counselor Gerstmann, Shoemaker, Caravella, and Davis. Everyone competes in bringing quality journalism through hitting the streets, asking the hard questions, digging up information, and getting to the heart of the issues. Only then, will Head Counselor Klepek award the Golden Luchadeer of Journalism award to the next generation of gaming journalists.

Seriously, though, excellent write up, and Patrick did a bang-up job. Really unfortunate issue, but I can only continue to hope that every incident that light is shed on helps push the general gaming community one step closer to behaving and conducting itself better.

sixghost

I wouldn't go that far. I enjoy most of what he writes, but I think he stands out more because of the mass incompetence or apathy of most other sites.

True investigative journalism takes lots of time, whereas often Patrick seems to get interested in a story for about a day, then moves on. It's not a slight against him, he's just not in a position where he could spend 8 weeks tracking down leads to get to the bottom of the FIFA hacks, because he's a team of one at giantbomb.

Megasoum

Banned
The reason that Alex is doing a bunch of reviews right now is because Ryan is on vacation, Brad is most probably going through Mass Effect 3 right now for the review and Jeff hmm well, he must be doing everything else that needs to be done to keep the site going.

Duffyside

Banned
I don't see how a new console launch is an excuse? Alex, Dave, and Jeff are the only ones who bought a Vita

One of the reasons Jeff, the primary review-guy of GB, has given Alex so many reviews lately is because Jeff spent so much time with the Vita. It also greatly increases the amount of games to cover. I don't know how this can be hard to understand.

Jintor

I wouldn't go that far. I enjoy most of what he writes, but I think he stands out more because of the mass incompetence or apathy of most other sites.

True investigative journalism takes lots of time, whereas often Patrick seems to get interested in a story for about a day, then moves on. It's not a slight against him, he's just not in a position where he could spend 8 weeks tracking down leads to get to the bottom of the FIFA hacks, because he's a team of one at giantbomb.

I'm with this guy. But Patrick's pretty good, considering the resources available to him.

gTdjm.jpg

:D:D:D:D

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Has anybody ever seen a picture of Ryan wearing pants?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom