• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.

guek

Banned
But the important specs are exactly the kind of things that competitors would want to get their hands on

Not in the eyes of nintendo. I don't think they care nearly as much about specs getting leaked as they do about competitors knowing design secrets pertaining to the controller, NFC, or unique OS features, etc.

Well, people are asking if i'm talking about specs whereas i specifically stated that those are known by third-parties through dev kit boot sequence and SDK documentation
people are asking if i'm talking about DRC features whereas i specifically stated that it wasn't that
It's like 50% of the content of the message is overlooked and read in 1 second without analysis, it's frustrating. It's pretty obvious what part of the Wii U, third-parties aren't aware of its implementation, its design, if i specifically and clearly state that it's not hardware spec, it's not hardware/controller "physical", usable features.

I didn't wanted to spoon-fed you and let you guess what is it, it's more fun.

I read your post as carefully as I could, I'm not so flippant.

The main thing I take away from this is that MS and Sony already know WiiU's documented specs and thus how to counter them.

MDX

Shatterfield was right. I am officially excite! As of an hour ago.

This is coming out of the blue?

wordpress-hurr-durr-derp-face-herp-im-a-thurrrmb.gif

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
we don't find guessing fun IdeaMan

why could you have not posted a one line tease like Shikamaru Ninja?

If i tease, some people aren't happy
If i post spontaneous message with 3/4 of the content very detailed with 1/4 left to guess/nurture the speculation, while still being here to put these on the right tracks, some people aren't happy

phewwww ><

MDX

Well, people are asking if i'm talking about specs whereas i specifically stated that those are known by third-parties through dev kit boot sequence and SDK documentation
people are asking if i'm talking about DRC features whereas i specifically stated that it wasn't that
It's like 50% of the content of the message is overlooked and read in 1 second without analysis, it's frustrating. It's pretty obvious what part of the Wii U, third-parties aren't aware of its implementation, its design, if i specifically and clearly state that it's not hardware spec, it's not hardware/controller "physical", usable features.

Dont worry, I grokked you from the first read through.

If i tease, some people aren't happy
If i post spontaneous message with 3/4 of the content very detailed with 1/4 left to guess/nurture the speculation, while still being here to put these on the right tracks, some people aren't happy

phewwww ><

You should not have told them you were French buddy... I feel your pain

Vive la résistance!

nordique

In IdeaMan's defence,

Guys, don't forget, English is not IdeaMan's first language....so you have to understand he may not properly communicate the context correctly or he may end up confusing posters because of the way his sentences are structured.

Don't take it too crazy guys...appreciate whatever he posts and don't read too much into it.

Its subjective whether you want to/don't want to believe it.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
So

WHAT

AM

I

talking about ?

What is (amongst other things)

the major part of the system

that third parties

nearly aren't aware of in terms of design/looks, overall implementations, etc ?

And to this date ?!

The 10000 kilos chocolate question !!! Tadammmmmm !!!!

Kjellson

Okay, what the hell is going on here?? Who is Shatterfield (haha, funny name) and why are we getting excited over Shikamaru Ninja's post???

So

WHAT

AM

I

talking about ?

that third parties

aren't aware of in terms of design/looks, overall implementations, etc ?

And to this date ?!

How big the icons are on the home screen and whether we'll be able to move them around!

AzaK

So

WHAT

AM

I

talking about ?

that third parties

nearly aren't aware of in terms of design/looks, overall implementations, etc ?

And to this date ?!

I don't see how Ideaman think's it's obvious what things devs don't know about the Wii U that's not specs or controller stuff? There's little more to a normal console anyway. Is he talking about the power supply? The colour of the cables? What rubber was used on the console's feet? Will it be a robot? The only thing I think we've heard lately is this rumoured Nintendo card thingy that people might get. Personally I hope it's not that, it's of little to no use to me other than for logging in.

Other than that, it could be ANYTHING. Maybe the Wii U controller is just a shell for a Nintendo 7"tablet that slots in?

HylianTom

Banned
And you guys thought I was joking about Excite Trains.

I was joking

ExciteTrains?! If it came with a track editor and train editor, I'd be all over it! Hells yes!

A coast-to-coast race from New York to L.A.!
A ride from London to Moscow!

Pictograph mode, where you can be a rider on the train taking photos of the countryside as you ride along..

Thraktor

Also after skimming through the last few pages, after talking with some people (Ideaman included), I think it's safe to say we're looking at 2GB of total system memory for Wii U. The remaining questions will be what type of memory is it and how much will OS and friends need. 512MB will probably be the worst case and hopefully they'll trim the footprint even more.

Very good news. Assuming the next XBox and PS4 have an upper bound of 4GB, this puts Wii U as the PS2 to their XBox, which I'm sure is a position Nintendo would be very happy to be in.

Shatterfield was right. I am officially excite! As of an hour ago.

Also good news! Even better when I consider that this is probably only on the basis of second/third party titles, given how air-tight Nintendo are.

I would also accept port of Skyrim with first DLC included or two pack of GOTY Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

I'd probably end up triple-dipping with Fallout 3 on Wii U if were bug free and had the Pip-Boy on the Wii U pad screen. For the sake of my wallet, I hope that doesn't happen.

Also, IdeaMan is probably talking about the console's online functionality, although I think he also previously mentioned features like the Wii U pad's camera not yet being usable by devs.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
It took more time than i imagined but we got winners :p

It's the second IdeaMan's info of the night, after the previous one about dev kits seals, etc.

Third-parties are left in a rather vague status about the system software layer/OS. They are warned by Nintendo or informed through SDK documentation/warioworld of its expected features, but that's nearly it. A LOT is still unknown to them in regard to this aspect of the Wii U, and for example, the real dashboard isn't implemented yet. They basically are aware of the presence of a future strong software side for the console, a few functions from it, but don't know how it will look like, in terms of UI/interface, don't know all the features, etc.

guek

Banned
Man, I hope the OS is well done. It'd be a shame if nintendo put all that work into it only for it to be garbage.

I'd probably end up triple-dipping with Fallout 3 on Wii U if were bug free and had the Pip-Boy on the Wii U pad screen. For the sake of my wallet, I hope that doesn't happen.

I didn't even think about that. That would be awesome.

It took more time than expected but we got winners :p

It's the second IdeaMan's info of the night, after the previous one about dev kits seals, etc.

Third-parties are left in a rather vague status about the system software layer/OS. They are warned by Nintendo or informed through SDK documentation/warioworld of its expected features, but that's nearly it. A LOT is still unknown to them in regard to this aspect of the Wii U, and for example, the real dashboard isn't implemented yet. They basically are aware of the presence of a future strong software side for the console, a few functions from it, but don't know how it will look like, in terms of UI/interface, don't know all the features, etc.

Man, I thought I was joking when I said the size of the icons and whether we can move them.

So Nintendo has all these protections in place on their dev kits just so people won't know about the sorts of functions available on the dashboard, and while MS and Sony already know all the documented specs, they'd really want to get their hands on this info?

I don't doubt you or anything, it just seems weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom