• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For those of you who are worried about the sensor bar size (with pic).

The best comparison picture yet:

dssensorjn6.jpg

Too big? Too small? HUH?!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
THANK GOD. I can sleep easy tonight.

[who was worried about this?]

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
What I still don't get is how far or close I should be to the sensor bar.

For example, will my movements with the pointer be faster if I sit closer to the bar or will it not matter at what distance I sit away from it?

What I still don't get is how far or close I should be to the sensor bar.

For example, will my movements with the pointer be faster if I sit closer to the bar or will it not matter at what distance I sit away from it

Depends on the height of your TV set. The higher your set the farther back you stand.

newsguy

Err, to me it's less about the size and more about the fact that I'm not putting that sticky foam crap on a <$2000 TV. Especially since TV's get warm and when it comes time to take that stuff off you're left with sticky chunks on the front of your TV.

Mashing

newsguy said:
Err, to me it's less about the size and more about the fact that I'm not putting that sticky foam crap on a <$2000 TV. Especially since TV's get warm and when it comes time to take that stuff off you're left with sticky chunks on the front of your TV.

You don't have to stick it to anything.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
gutter_trash said:
how does it hold into place?

Unless you live in a major earthquake zone or are planning on bringing the Wii with you one an RV trip, I'm sure you don't have to worry about it falling off.

Wow, that thing must weigh a ton... Looks like it ripped that super sticky foam tape right off the wall where it was mounted. Good thing that DS was there to break its fall!

manngc

Now, a more important question is how long is the cord to connect it? Hopefully really long or at least it is extendable for people with front projectors that have the consoles in another location. :p

Sorry if this has been answered, as I just reserved a Wii.

Given the choice, is it better to have the sensor on top of, or below the TV, or does it really matter?

FauX

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:

Given the choice, is it better to have the sensor on top of, or below the TV, or does it really matter?

I gues top will do better

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
SHOTEH FOCK OP said:

It was answered, someone said the higher you place it, the further back you should be.

Easy_G

manngc said:
Now, a more important question is how long is the cord to connect it? Hopefully really long or at least it is extendable for people with front projectors that have the consoles in another location. :p

According to one Matt C. over at IGN the cord is only around 10 feet long with no word on whether or not Nintendo is making an extender cable. BUT, he apparently contacted Pelican and they are planning to have an extension cable out for the sensor bar at or near the launch date.

Andonuts

Guys it's late in the evening and I can't think of any good anal insertion jokes so you'll just have to use your imaginations.

Mirimar

For anyone that's played it, how long does it take to get used to pointing at the sensor bar instead of at the TV? Well...roughly, since it probably differs from person to person.

Maridia

buckfutter said:
I'm going to use it to club baby seals.

I'm not sure that the sensor bar would work for that purpose. I attended a seal clubbing retreat with my dad a few years back(highly recommended btw) and our arsenal consisted primarily of top-weighted wooden clubs, that, when used correctly create enough force to cause the hemorrhage required to kill the seal without rupturing the scalp. I'm afraid that utilizing something like the sensor bar would lacerate the scalp and little else. Beyond the initial novelty of watching the poor little bastard scuttle around frantically in a futile escape attempt as it bleeds profusely, I see little practical use for the Wii sensor bar as a seal club. Although, the skulls of the infants are softer...

Tadaima

Maridia said:
Beyond the initial novelty of watching the poor little bastard scuttle around frantically in a futile escape attempt as it bleeds profusely, I see little practical use for the Wii sensor bar as a seal club.

But the Wii is all about cheap, throwaway gimmicks.

Top Bottom