• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Out of the Park Baseball 18 (OOTP18) - Official Thread and NeoGAF League

brentech

DmXLC0d.png

• Out of the Park Baseball is a management simulator allowing you to make the decisions for your favorite team or league.
  • Out of the Park Baseball 18, Licenced by MLB.COM and the MLBPA.
  • Pick any MLB or minor league team from the present or the past.
    Manage, scout, draft, trade and sign free agents based on how YOU want to build a winning franchise.
    Are you old schoool or new school? Advanced analytics or traditional stats? Play on your own or against your friends in dozens of different ways.
5mC5bfO.png

Mrx28yt.png

brentech

RAlHb9A.png

• GOBL is the GAF Online Baseball League.
  • GOBL is starting fresh with the release of OOTP18. We will most likely start the league on Saturday, April 15.
  • We previously ran a league with OOTP 16 and 17 through the 2015-2025 seasons (History of World Series winners).

Mrx28yt.png

IMPORTANT LEAGUE INFORMATION
  • Commissioner: brentech
  • How we play: Play as GM of your team, cannot be fired. If your manager doesn't allow you to switch lineups, you deal with it or fire him.
  • Sim Schedule: Every day, we generally sim 7 days ahead. We slow it down for the playoffs, the start of free agency, drafts, and other milestones.
    We increase speed to 14 day sims after free agency slows and before spring training begins.
  • Sim Time: League attempts to sim around 4pm eastern each day. Team exports need to be in before then for your changes to take effect.
  • League Reports: Uploaded at time of sim, but become visible at 6pm eastern on the website
    (Automatic CRON job so I don't have to log in and extract files every day)
  • Team Availability: Teams are taken by a first come first serve basis. If you want to play as a team listed as **OPEN**, let me know asap.
  • Player Trades: Require approval, but most trades between GMs are authorized.
  • Player Trade Format - Please use the following 'sends' format when making a trade. Highly recommend you PM me the trade as well.
    Trade partner must confirm.

Cleveland sends:
    LF Robert Allen (GOBL)
    SP John Smith (AAA Columbus)

Chicago White Sox sends:
    SS Bruce Ryan (AA Birmingham)

IMPORTANT LEAGUE LINKS

Code:
Current GMs - Open teams are first come first serve.

AL East

Yankees – PistolPete2940
Orioles – **OPEN**
Blue Jays – chairon
Red Sox – **OPEN**
Rays – acheron_xl

AL Central

Tigers – Got the Shakes
White Sox – **OPEN**
Twins – **OPEN**
Royals – norm9
Indians – brentech

AL West

A's – **OPEN**
Angels – Dr_LawyerCop
Rangers – **OPEN**
Mariners – Purple Cheeto
Astros – **OPEN**

NL East

Mets – Dmncnby2k9
Braves – CrimsonCommie
Marlins – **OPEN**
Nationals – Rommel
Phillies – **OPEN**

NL Central

Cubs – **OPEN**
Reds – **OPEN**
Cardinals – **OPEN**
Brewers – eznark
Pirates – **OPEN**

NL West

Giants – **OPEN**
Dodgers – timetokill
Rockies – **OPEN**
Padres – CosmicQueso
DiamondBacks – **OPEN**

sBLq33L.png

Pyrogeek

Excellent post!

The website still shows Red Sox as open though I've put in my claim for them this year :) Look forward to desperately fighting for the ALDS.

Also Brentech, it looks like the league file download link isn't working.

Woohoo fresh start!

If you're here wondering if you should give it a shot... the answer is yes, yes you should! Welcome new human GMs!

Thanks for the masterful OP, commish!

brentech

Excellent post!

The website still shows Red Sox as open though I've put in my claim for them this year :) Look forward to desperately fighting for the ALDS.

Also Brentech, it looks like the league file download link isn't working.

Removed that info for the time being. We won't be using it until the new league starts, most likely on Saturday.
Added team list to 2nd post.

Gonna miss my team but I'm excited to see how the #1 farm system turns out.

Can we change our GM names? I think it's time for Bobby to retire again and hire Larry Wayne Jones Jr. as my GM for this league!

brentech

Can we change our GM names? I think it's time for Bobby to retire again and hire Larry Wayne Jones Jr. as my GM for this league!

If you want specific GM names, PM me. Otherwise, GM names are:
Firstname: Random
Lastname: GAF ID (without numbers)

Josh5890

I was going to post in the other thread but I decided to just wait for this. I'm in. I would usually pick my Cubbies but I would like to pick a team that isn't dominant and see if I can build a dynasty. Since I love the National League, I will pick the Cincinnati Reds!

I'm going to miss Dominic DiCaprio and Joe Adams, but I won't miss the terrible contracts of Gallo and De Jong.

brentech

I will continue to add notes to the league portion of the OP as I think of them or people bring them to my attention. Hoping to get everyone added to the game and the league all set up over the next couple days.

I love the National League, I will pick the Cincinnati Reds!

Added

I'm going to miss Dominic DiCaprio and Joe Adams, but I won't miss the terrible contracts of Gallo and De Jong.
I'm sad to lose my outfield. First time I finally put together 3 good starters in the outfield.
But so happy that I don't have to see Lindor leave me or retire. <3

I will continue to add notes to the league portion of the OP as I think of them or people bring them to my attention. Hoping to get everyone added to the game and the league all set up over the next couple days.

Added

Is our setup going to be same as the past few years with downloading the necessary files from the GOBL website or did they streamline online league setup this year?

Ron Mexico

Looking forward to starting up. Out of curiosity, are we doing all the settings right out of the box? Scouting accuracy, injuries, fatigue, etc?

I'm pretty interested in joining, I just bought the game last night, but haven't had time to boot it up yet. I'm just a but wary about not really knowing what I'm doing lol.

brentech

It looks like quick-start emails work this season. So people have the option of manually joining the league like we did in years past, or if you want, you can PM me your email, I put it into the game and you receive an email - copy the entire body of it, and select quick-start on the OOTP18 start page, it will download the league file and unpack it for you.

Could I please be added for the Astros? Thanks.

Added to league list.

brentech

I'm sending out quick-start emails to those that request one (PM me with your email address). As of this moment, the league is uploaded, but NO ONE has a team assigned.
Just making sure people can get in the game file first.
I'll be adding people to their respective teams today.
----
Quick-start emails, you copy the ENTIRE BODY of the email. Not just the code.

If you don't want to use the quick-start email, then the process is a little easier this year because they no longer use multiple compression files. It's just a single .zip file now, but you still need to download the settings as well in order to upload your team.
League file instructions has been updated: http://gobl.obleague.com/league-file-instructions/

I'm sending out quick-start emails to those that request one (PM me with your email address). As of this moment, the league is uploaded, but NO ONE has a team assigned.
Just making sure people can get in the game file first.
I'll be adding people to their respective teams today.

If you don't want to use the quick-start email, then the process is a little easier this year because they no longer use multiple compression files. It's just a single .zip file now, but you still need to download the settings as well in order to upload your team.

I was able to get in fine using the quick start email.

brentech

I have sent out about 10 quick start emails. If you load into the game, just don't bother making any adjustments to your team yet. I won't be importing the changes and have to keep updating the league file as more people sign up. I'll let you know when it is worth your time to change anything.

I have sent out about 10 quick start emails. If you load into the game, just don't bother making any adjustments to your team yet. I won't be importing the changes and have to keep updating the league file as more people sign up. I'll let you know when it is worth your time to change anything.

It has the option to export the league file grayed out as it is. I assume that's because you haven't assigned anyone to their teams yet.

That quickstart email made it real easy to join.

Oh shit Rommel is in the NL Beast?!

I'm pretty interested in joining, I just bought the game last night, but haven't had time to boot it up yet. I'm just a but wary about not really knowing what I'm doing lol.

You should join! Most of us didn't know what we were doing when we joined.

I just spent my evening blitzing through a season offline to get a bit more familiar with the game, and although my season was a bit of a disaster, I feel like I am already learning a lot about the game.

So count me in!

I'll take the Rockies :)

brentech

I'll take the Rockies :)
Added to game. I just sent you a PM with a quick-start code. I'm hoping this works, because that means I don't even need to use email addresses to get people into the game.

You need to copy the ENTIRE body of the message, not just the code. Then open OOTP18 and click the Quick-Join Online League.
I don't see why it wouldn't work, but if not, we'll go back to emailing it.

Josh5890

So I have a problem. When I click the Open-Join Online League my game freezes. I get to 20% and that is it. I've tried resetting my PC to no avail. Any suggestions?

EDIE: I'm in!

Pyrogeek

Incase anyone else doesn't make the same mistake I did and waste too much time searching for the online league quick start option... it is at the very bottom and to the right in the main menu.

Also, I never had to copy and paste the email. It automatically loaded me into the online league since I was logged in under the same email address that I provided brentech.

brentech

So I have a problem. When I click the Open-Join Online League my game freezes. I get to 20% and that is it. I've tried resetting my PC to no avail. Any suggestions?

It takes a while to both download and then create the league on your PC. It will stick at 20 and say not responding, but just let it run. I promise it will finish.
Also, I never had to copy and paste the email.
Yeah, you don't have to paste anything. It just has to be copied from the email and the game sees sees it when you click the quick-join league text.

Rommel

Nice to have new blood in the league. I wonder if I can have a trade that looks insane on the surface workout like the Goldschmit did.

brentech

You may now make changes to your team and all aspects around it. Going forward, I will import your changes before updating the league file.

If new to playing OOTP in an online league:
When ever you are done making changes, MAKE SURE you EXPORT your team file. To do so, you can either click on the 'General Manager Actions' button on the right side of the screen, then select 'Export Team via FTP'. Or, select the 'FILE' button at the top, 'Online League' - > 'Export Your Team via FTP'.

Oh shit they actually tell you how big the update file is now.

Looking through my personnel.... At least I have a good scout.

My estimated total expenses are already more than my budget for this season lol team is a mess

Somebody take Matt Kemp

brentech

I wish trades could be initiated by anyone and approved by commish. Still my number 1 issue with online leagues.
Having said that, for the time being, I won't be running human-CPU trades. I have less time to do anything with the game myself, and I would like to be able to run my team. Left that out of the OP for that reason.

Top Bottom