• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda/ZeniMax puts up new teaser - [Up2: New Teaser]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bethesda just put this on Vine.

https://vine.co/v/bFPjjheVnau

Please be Zwei...

Update/Mod Edit:

It's not Fallout according to Bethesda's head of marketing: https://twitter.com/DCDeacon/status/324192731721265153

It features Johann Sebastian Bach music, has a vinyl from the 1930's/1940's, and has barbed wire.

MachineGames is believed to be a new Wolfenstein game.

Polygon said:
A new entry in id Software's Wolfenstein series may be in development at Machinegames, according to according to a report from PlayNews and several online resumes.

A Google Cache version of composer Julian Beeston's official website lists his work as "ADR Engineer, Production Sound" on a Wolfenstein project in development at Machinegames. Beeston has also worked on Dragon's Dogma and Kinect Star Wars, according to his website and IMDB.

ZeniMax Media, the parent company of Wolfenstein 3D developer id Software, acquired Machinegames in 2010. According to the press release announcing the acquisition, the developer was already "working on an unannounced project for ZeniMax publishing subsidiary, Bethesda Softworks, that is being built on id Software's revolutionary id Tech 5 engine technology."

ZeniMax registered the wolfenstein.com domain in 2012, according to a Network Solutions whois search.

Source: http://www.polygon.com/2013/2/6/3959806/wolfenstein-machinegames-project-tungsten

Update 2:

a new teaser:

https://vine.co/v/bFldAQgTIr6

ZusNtDm.jpg

looks spooky..

Hanmik

I´m 99% sure that it is a new Fallout game..

Johann Sebastian Bach was used in Fallout 3..

Fallout 3 (Video Game) (music: "Gigue - Partita No. 3", "Prelude - Partita No. 3", "Grave - Sonata No. 2")

sunnz

If there was 1 game I want to be on the next gen/ next gen exclusive, it's FALLOUT 4, it would benefit from it SO MUCH ( not just graphics)

I really don't think it's going to be Fallout. Seriously. BGS has been working on its post-Skyrim project for about a year-and-a-half. I don't think that'll be announced until the VGAs at least.

This has to be Zwei and what Tango/Mikami have been doing considering this has been in the works for about three years at least.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I don't hear any music. The only sound I get sounds like coming from a typewriter.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I really don't think it's going to be Fallout. Seriously. BGS has been working on its post-Skyrim project for about a year-and-a-half. I don't think that'll be announced until the VGAs at least.

This has to be Zwei and what Tango/Mikami have been doing considering this has been in the works for about three years at least.

2006: Oblivion
2008: Fallout 3
2011: Skyrim, which they said only took that long because they changed their core technology more than expected.

Oblivion and Fallout 3 both had a fair amount of expansion content.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I´m 99% sure that it is a new Fallout game..

Johann Sebastian Bach was used in Fallout 3..

Fallout 3 (Video Game) (music: "Gigue - Partita No. 3", "Prelude - Partita No. 3", "Grave - Sonata No. 2")

I always thought that Fallout 3 music fit Prey 2. :(

Hanmik

Rösti;54122391 said:
I don't hear any music. The only sound I get sounds like coming from a typewriter.

somebody got something mixed up..

they show notes form Johann Sebastian Bach´s Air on a G-String in the video. Johann Sebastian Bach´s music was also used in Fallout 3 ( music: "Gigue - Partita No. 3", "Prelude - Partita No. 3", "Grave - Sonata No. 2) ... that´s why I´m sure it´s a Fallout game (but again Bach´s music was also used in Portal 2.. lol)

Downloaded the .mp4 and paused like a madman. Something about "Feature Programs New York" on the record. Fallout 4 is rumored to be set in Boston, so that might be something to dissuade Fallout theories.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
somebody got something mixed up..

they show notes form Johann Sebastian Bach´s Air on a G-String in the video. Johann Sebastian Bach´s music was also used in Fallout 3 ( music: "Gigue - Partita No. 3", "Prelude - Partita No. 3", "Grave - Sonata No. 2) ... that´s why I´m sure it´s a Fallout game (but again Bach´s music was also used in Portal 2.. lol)
Ah, I see. I thought that music would play.

Anyway, this should be possible to convert to a GIF with Photoshop as it's less than 500 frames. I don't have Photoshop though so I can't do it.

Here's a non-looping version of the video: https://v.cdn.vine.co/v/videos/2013...p4?versionId=TzCdVILAiJY27Af.vOBzs8lYji2eJzB5

Hoo-doo

Banned
Fuck. I'm not interested in more fallout unless it's radically different from 3 and NV.

I was hoping they would be spending their time on something fresh for next-gen.

Drazgul

SerwpsL.jpg

Hmm, doesn't seem to be anything ther--

ycn8rvP.jpg

Wait! Enhance it!

gzeFK8R.jpg

They better have a raider gang called Mad Men in there.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I hope that they will reveal Fallout 4 for nex-gen consoles and on a new game engine with more realistic animation, AI and so on.

Cornbread78

Downloaded the .mp4 and paused like a madman. Something about "Feature Programs New York" on the record. Fallout 4 is rumored to be set in Boston, so that might be something to dissuade Fallout theories.

If the setting is in Boston and they are releasing this today after everything that happened yesterday, then they are bastards....

Marjar

Banned
If it is Fallout 4, I hope Bethesda keeps the changes Obsidian put in the game. New Vegas was an improvement in almost every way.

Considering how Skyrim turned out, I can't help but feel skeptical about Fallout 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom