• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Hardy to star in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (film)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118062220

Tom Hardy has signed on to star in "Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell," Ubisoft's film adaptation of its popular videogame franchise that Eric Warren Singer ("The International") will write for the company.

Project is the second major movie based on one of its properties that Ubisoft is looking to get on the bigscreen after setting up "Assassin's Creed" at New Regency and Fox, that Michael Fassbender will co-produce and headline.

"Splinter Cell" is not yet set up at a studio, although Ubisoft has had preliminary talks with Warner Bros. and Paramount.

Hardy will play Sam Fisher, a highly-trained special operative in a fictional black-ops operation called Echelon.

Thesp recently played Bane in WB's "The Dark Knight Rises" and is shooting "Mad Max: Fury Road."

Singer also penned Black List script "American Bullshit," which David O. Russell will direct with Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper and Jeremy Renner set to star.

"Tom Hardy is currently one of the biggest talents in the film industry, and he has a phenomenal ability to take on complex and varied roles with his broad range of acting skills," said Jean-Julien Baronnet, CEO of Ubisoft Motion Pictures. "His involvement in the 'Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell' movie is exciting news for movie and video game fans alike. Meanwhile, Eric Singer is one of the most talented writers of the moment, and ... we're confident he'll bring a fresh approach and create a thrilling story ... while still respecting all the codes and traditions of the franchise that are so important to fans."

Game has sold more than 23 million copies since its debut in 2002. Six games have been released so far with "Splinter Cell: Blacklist," released next spring, developed by Ubisoft Toronto.

UMP, founded last year, also has a "Rabbids" TV series, based on the "Raving Rabbids" game set to bow on France Televisions and Nickelodeon.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
"Splinter Cell" is not yet set up at a studio, although Ubisoft has had preliminary talks with Warner Bros. and Paramount.
So basically, this is nothing.

I can't believe they got rid of Ironside
tQBQP.jpg

Is it bad I never saw the last Batman film?

(But I know who you mean now, at least.)

Your avatar just gave me a semi.

Having someone as red-hot right now like Hardy is a good way to get this fast-tracked at a major, provided that Ubisoft isn't asking for insane control over the film.
Yeah that's what I meant, Hardy is a legitimate A-list star now and is very sought after. He's atomic hot right now so this is a big get for Ubi.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Good news. Pitty they didn't reboot the game using Hardy to to the voice and mocap work too.

Miker

I need to hear Tom Hardy say "My name's Sam Fisher. I used to work here." Then AND ONLY THEN will I pass judgment.

That part of Conviction was so badass, but actually playing that section was a fucking pain.

Rich!

Absolutely fucking not. Even Roger Moore says Craig is the best Bond.

Not that I dont disagree with him (Craig is my no.1), Moore has said that about connery, then dalton, then brosnan. He has said each Bond is his favourite at some point or another, but never praised himself.

Basically, hes the fucking man.

Salsa

Well at least ubisoft is nailing lead man talent in terms of pushing big marketable names

gyllenhall, fassbender, hardy..

Nizz

Sounds good. I thought Hardy was great in Bronson, and although he didn't have much screen time in Inception I thought he was charismatic. I haven't seen The Dark Knight Rises yet so I don't know how his Bane came off onscreen but I heard he was good in that.

Rich!

It wasn't just Moore who praised Craig, Brosnan and Connery as well. Not sure about Dalton.

Dalton loves Craig's films, although laments the fact that he did the same hard edged take on Bond as Craig, but with nowhere near the recognition.

He absolutely loved CR, not sure if hes mentioned skyfall yet.

Camp Lo

Banned
It wasn't just Moore who praised Craig, Brosnan and Connery as well. Not sure about Dalton.

It's for good reason. Craig is the Bond of a generation and all the previous Bonds, except the guy who made only one and faded into obscurity, cosign him. But haters gonna hate.

Joni

Fassbender for Assassin's Creed and Hardy for Splinter Cell. So they got the two people that are in everything for their movies.

Top Bottom