• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon key art spotted on retailer poster

GSR

aJY8ogP.jpg

Via Karubiimunomono. Seems to tease some new characters in the back. Tagline reads "An ultra adventure drawing near to the mystery of Necrozma is about to begin."

Send me to Ultra Space if old.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Hmm...possibly a (new?) pro-UB faction?

As for Lillie....maybe spoilers?

I'm kinda guessing Lillie's key art is just a mild spoiler for her end-game, rather than her 'first encounter' persona - changing that would (or at least could) significantly shake up the story, otherwise.

Could be kind of interesting if she's a replacement/addition to Hau, tho, and tbh her bond with Nebbie could still be a thing with her being a trainer, especially if she's new/inexperienced

Crayolan

I notice Lusamine isn't included alongside the villains obscured at the top.

Lillie with a Pokeball is the most interesting part of this image.

Maybe you'll actually be able to give her Solgaleo/Lunala this time. Well...probably not. But I can hope.

RRockman

Banned
Inb4
the original sun and moon is still canon and the Lillie we see here is from that game's dimension, and the ultra versions take place in a different dimension.

spiritfox

Those new villains look like they're wearing Team Galactic uniforms, plus the portal does look like the portal to the dimensional world. 🤔

Those new villains are probably additional villainous Aether employees to add to the main story. Kinda like how Pokemon Platinum and Black2/White2 added additional villain team members.

Also, I'm calling it now: Lillie already in her ponytail outfit implies that USUM will take place in an alternate universe where the events of SuMo already occurred without your player character.

What if Ultra Sun and Moon are actually Diamond and Pearl remakes in disguise and the Ultras are just the Tank chapter to the remakes!

*puts tinfoil hat on.

Nightfall

As someone who played early Pokemon games and hasn't bothered with later installments: These designs just keep getting busier and uglier. The art looks like a weird mess of random shapes and colors.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Actually don't they look like those trio of scientists in the basement?

As someone who played early Pokemon games and hasn't bothered with later installments: These designs just keep getting busier and uglier. The art looks like a weird mess of random shapes and colors.

This isn't even a question of design or such, but how is it possible for you not to notice the composition? Two protagonists in the center, the three Pokemon form a triangle, supporting cast even behind with the legendaries even behind. That's a very typical composition.

Delio

This isn't even a question of design or such, but how is it possible for you not to notice the composition? Two protagonists in the center, the three Pokemon form a triangle, supporting cast even behind with the legendaries even behind. That's a very typical composition.

You know...im not sure if i remember how those three looked. I swear they were generic but maybe im wrong.

Crayolan

The scientists were generic NPCs, these guys seem to be unique (different heights is the giveaway) despite wearing the same uniform. Also the head scientist (don't remember his name) doesn't seem to be included.

That said I wouldn't be surprised if these guys were connected to Aether.

Delio

One of them is pretty short actually. Unless they are playing with my mind with perspectives. Could it be a kid villian then? Or
Brainwashed Lillie

Boss Doggie

You know...im not sure if i remember how those three looked. I swear they were generic but maybe im wrong.
The scientists were generic NPCs, these guys seem to be unique (different heights is the giveaway) despite wearing the same uniform. Also the head scientist (don't remember his name) doesn't seem to be included.

I'm not talking about the old dude and the curvy lady, but the ones you fight in the basement. Don't they have unique designs, like the masked face thingie?

god they are so forgettable

Boss Doggie

They are literally unnamed scientists, calm down.

talking about their designs I mean, they didn't really strike me as memorable and doesn't help we only fought them at the basement

fuck, we cracked jokes about Mr. Clean for Flare Admin but I don't think those guys ever got a peep

Suspicious_Jug

Neo Member
I don't think these are Aether people, but could just be a separate group. They seem to have tribal designs, so they might be live near the Altar of the Sun/Moon. Probably summoned Necrozma as well.

Delio

I'm not talking about the old dude and the curvy lady, but the ones you fight in the basement. Don't they have unique designs, like the masked face thingie?

god they are so forgettable

I remembered who you were talking about but i couldnt place their faces at all.

spad3

that poster looks GREAT.

Idc, I just want more Silvally. Give me Mega Silvally that looks like a giant badass chimera and i'll be happy.

I'm hyped AF!

Seriously, Sun and Moon had the best story in Pokemon to date IMO. An alternate retelling of the story will be beast. Man the only thing that could have been this even better was if it was for the Switch, but I'll patiently wait for that Pokemon game to come out eventually.

HiroTSK5

If we're seeing end-game Lillie then maybe the new story content only takes place near the end or post-game like Platinum or OR/AS. Be nice if there were more places to go post-game than the Battle Tree.

Top Bottom